Mass Jailing at Thug Ro

Started by Crozz, Sep 07, 2010, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crozz

Last night, me and my friends decided to build a guild of our own [as we have always done in other previous servers] and we used the same emblem. After forming the guild, the Event Master asked us to change the emblem. I used it because for me I don't really find it offensive, 2nd, we aren't pertaining to anyone, 3rd, I checked the rules and in NO WAY we broke 1 by using such emblem. So I logged off and decided to go to the forum and PM the GM/owner of the server/Admin. Next thing I know, ALL my friends we're dropping msgs in my MSN saying that they were jailed.  They said that the admin asked them to leave the guild because of the offensive emblem, but my friends refused to leave.
Today, the Admin replied and asked me to change the emblem and so I did.

So here, I just wanna ask if, what the Event Master did was APPROPRIATE & LOGICAL.  Seriously, I don't see the point why he needs to jail the whole guild.  The members aren't of control of the settings of the guild, so why does he need to do that? I see this thing as something like a "KIDNAP FOR RANSOM". Plus the fact that he goes from 1 member to another and he keep saying "Tell your guildmaster to change the emblem" over and over again.

BTW, here's the guild emblem:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any reply regarding this topic would be appreciated.
Thank you! :)

Kyomi

Actually, I don't blame them for asking you to change that. I can imagine some people would find it offensive. And refusing to listen to the staff's requests probably didn't help you much, either. :X

Some servers are a bit more lenient with things like that, though.

Crozz

Yes I understand that. That's why I changed it. But mass jailing the whole guild is ridiculous.

Zarsheiy

No, it's not. If they didn't want players to see such an offensive emblem, they had every right to remove people who were displaying it from the population until something was done about it.

Crozz

@ Zarsheiy:

Thanks for your nice reply. I get the point now. How I wish that's the explanation he gave us and not:

"You were jailed cause I told you to leave the guild to avoid being jailed. I do know that you guys have no power to change it the emblem. "

also, plus the fact, that after he jailed my friends, he said "I love to see you suffer".

Thank you! I appreciate your reply :)

Yukino

Just wondering if you have proof of that XD (better support, but not needed in this section...).

Did he unjail everyone now? His first line of explanation seems fine. He just needed to go in-depth more to what Zarsheiy said. That's his original intention anyways because the image wasn't appropriate to some people after all. He also gave warnings before he jailed which was the right thing to do. The last statement... well, it's bad if he actually said it, but do you have a screenshot of his words?
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Crozz

Nope. I don't have a proof sorry. Coz when that was happening I already left to talk to the owner of the server. In fact, that's not the original reason he gave. What he said was, "it's because my sister is playing ro". Which my guildmates totally didn't get. But at the forum when he was confronted, that was the reason that he gave.

Scribbles

So, you got jailed for "Your sister playing RO" and not for your Emblem of "F-you?"
It's been said many times:
"Proof, or it didn't happen"

Huh? Wha?

Gankz

Quote from: Scribbles on Sep 10, 2010, 04:42 AM
So, you got jailed for "Your sister playing RO" and not for your Emblem of "F-you?"
It's been said many times:
"Proof, or it didn't happen"

Huh? Wha?
The GM's sister, not his sister.

People get offended way too easily by this stuff, especially since you'll hear someone drop an F bomb at least once a day in today's society.

Lyrics

Quote from: Crozz on Sep 07, 2010, 11:29 AM
Last night, me and my friends decided to build a guild of our own [as we have always done in other previous servers] and we used the same emblem. After forming the guild, the Event Master asked us to change the emblem. I used it because for me I don't really find it offensive, 2nd, we aren't pertaining to anyone, 3rd, I checked the rules and in NO WAY we broke 1 by using such emblem. So I logged off and decided to go to the forum and PM the GM/owner of the server/Admin. Next thing I know, ALL my friends we're dropping msgs in my MSN saying that they were jailed.  They said that the admin asked them to leave the guild because of the offensive emblem, but my friends refused to leave.
Today, the Admin replied and asked me to change the emblem and so I did.

Hi there,

I'm the ThugRO Administrator. Above is a bold sentence, I wasn't Online and I wasn't the one who did the mass jailing or who told such of. I was shocked with this report though and tried to talked with my Developer w/c is the one responsible for this. This thing lead also for our RMS Suspension too might be because some of you guys made the situation into bad thing (An event to mistake). Anyway, Here's the quote of my staff reasons about it. Might be help people to criticize it. Thank you.

1. I told the guild Leader to change the emblem, she ignored it and left it the way it was and logged off.

2. You were jailed cause I told you to leave the guild to avoid being jailed. I do know that you guys have no power to change it the emblem.

3. I gave you multiple chances to leave the guild so later on you can just come back to the guild once the emblem is changed. instead you chose to be selfish and be like "no, i'll stick to this guild forever!!! And never abandoned my friends!!!"
That right there. If your so called friend should understand the reason of you leaving the guild and know what happened. It's not hard to change 1 single emblem, or leaving the guild to fix a mistake.

I'm being reasonable with you and all your guildmembers. I hate enforcing rules, but when I see something inappropriate. It's inappropriate. I've warned you guys several times, gave you chances to leave the guild, and you said no.

Now that the emblem has been changed and I'll unjail you guys when you get on.

Regards,
ThugRO Admin Lyrics
Thug Ragnarok Online
Founded since o9.o3.2oo9
Released: o8.21.2o1o

I.made.a.server.for.Fun.Experience
I.did.loved.RO.since.September.2oo3.PH.Beta
Can't.Stop.Luviin

Tom~

Quote from: Lyrics on Sep 10, 2010, 10:19 AMThis thing lead also for our RMS Suspension too might be because some of you guys made the situation into bad thing (An event to mistake).

Hello, Lyrics.
If you had bothered to read the ToS of RMS, you would have seen that it's against our rules to offer rewards in exchange of reviews; in fact, you seem to know about this, as you stated here:
http://thugro.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.msg0;boardseen#new
So please, don't blame this guy for your own mistakes.

Now, on topic: I would have jailed each one of your members, too. Although the emblem might not be offensive for you, lots of people do find it offensive. Therefore, as a GM, in case that vulgarities were against the rules, I would have to ask you to disband the guild or change the emblem. If you didn't obbey the order the GM gave you, then it's your fault. He did the right thing.
Answering to your question: Yes, it was appropiate and logical.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Immortal

There is nothing wrong with Jailing people for refusing to follow the rules.  Frequently we will have new players that make a party, or new character with a particularly offensive name.  They are given the option of correcting the situation or being jailed/banned until they do.

Not like leaving and rejoining a guild is that difficult.

Lyrics

Hi Tom,

Well actually, I'm not trying to blame him/her or whoever so on our suspension. As you would see I contacted the RMS Admin and fully accepted the punishment that should be given to us. :) *Forgot.Rules.T.T.iOld*

Anyway, The real thing is I just want to tell the story between my Staff and their Guild for their peace of mind. *Even tho' they post some vulgarity words to me too w/c at first based I don't even knew what happened. xP* So yea, just want to Thanks them though for a little wonderful time they gave *I missed it really* and apologize for what happened to them. As for now, I removed my Staff's @jail, even @mute command. :)

Regards,
ThugRO Admin Lyrics.
Thug Ragnarok Online
Founded since o9.o3.2oo9
Released: o8.21.2o1o

I.made.a.server.for.Fun.Experience
I.did.loved.RO.since.September.2oo3.PH.Beta
Can't.Stop.Luviin

freakyred

@Lyrics I don't think you should take out the @jail and @mute from your staff since considering the situation, it was logical to temporarily ban the guild members until the emblem is changed or they make a new guild with a different emblem. Just be sure to get notified everytime a jail/mute happens so you can ask why.