What I'm Feeling.

Started by TheAgelessStranger, Jan 28, 2011, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAgelessStranger

This is not a review of a specific server, as it is a review of a specific server owner. Her name is Etiene Darcol, but you know her as Adhelle. Now, you may be thinking "Oh god, here's another skinny boy thread". Stop right there. I am nothing like Skinny. I am writing this because a friend of mine, RiddleBox, was unjustifiably banned, forever, from her server. She had listed it as three reasons. 1. Attempting to bring Lumina RO down. He doesn't have the means to do so, both through knowledge or hardware. 2. He was also apparently blackmailing the GMs Satyre and Elissa, and upon speaking with them miself, this is not the case. 3. Trolling and harassing players. Yes, he was guilty of this, but if he is to get a permaban, when the others who commit this offense get a temp ban, something isn't right. Especially considering there were no reports made against this individual. Riddle also prompted Adhelle for proof, and she failed to supply any, save for "I have chatlogs". These, do not prove anything. Riddle and Satyre were also apparently friends, although after what I have learned, that does not seem to be the case. Satyre spoke with Adhelle about Riddle, and what should be done. Adhelle is saying that Satyre requested him to be banned. Satyre is saying that he did no such thing. In any case, I personally do not believe either of them, and as such, I believe they are both lying. Riddle and I have also spoken with Adhelle, to try and show her the error in her ways, with proof that he could not have committed offenses 1 and 2. She refused to listen to any word of it. In her mind, it is guilty until proven innocent, and that is not the way it should be. It is unbefitting of a server admin. At least, that is how I see it. There is also the fact that she takes leftover donation money, and uses it for personal reasons. I do not have a problem with this. However, it is under false pretenses. People are donating to the server, not to her pocket. But again, it is no concern of mine.
There is also proof of her bullheadedness in refusal to listen to anyone but herself, as shown in the link following. http://forum.lumina-ro.com/index.php?topic=6854.0 It is about Lumina's HR server, before it went up. And as you can see, a majority of the players voted against it. Logically, the HR server shouldn't even be up, right? Well, not in Etiene's mind. She will do what she wants, and does not care who she infuriates by doing so. There is also the matter of Lumina having crash issues on WoE days. Not so much anymore, but it was quite frequent in the past months (November-Beginning of January). One mistake she's made? Hosting both the MR and HR on the same server. A big no no, if you ask me. But, again, she doesn't care, she will do what she wants.
Another issue I'd like to bring up, is that of the mod Kyroki writing a review for Lumina. Now, as I understand it, mods and GMs writing reviews is illegal here. I may have that wrong, but it's still an issue. http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/server-reviews/lumina-ro-t16931/0/ Here is Kyroki's review of Lumina. I have many things I could say to this, but I am not here to speak about Kyroki. And, as you can see in the following link, he was made a mod in July of 2010, and that review happened in October. http://forum.lumina-ro.com/index.php?topic=6895.0
I don't care what you think of Adhelle, I'm just here to show you what she's done to one specific player. Moreso, she had no reason to permaban a player committing an offense such as trolling, when others are getting temp bans, or even just warnings. She should have handled the situation in a much calmer way, instead of thinking up ways to ban a player that she felt needed to leave. And as a last request, Riddle asked her if he could give back the items that some players were nice enough to give him. Her response? "In fact, no". That is not only unfair to him, but to the others who trusted him with their gears. I guess that's the way it works though, right?

Usagimimi

Mods can review; GMs reviewing is also fine, but it's a nasty trick if you hide your name.

Mods are just players anyway; why can't a playing forum staff member review, even under a different name? It might be biased but it's not to the same degree as a GM / admin who may slather the review to a perfect "A".

Also, that link provided for the HR, I read the entire thing and most people are either for it or undecided. Don't see how this proves a point.

This should be in Rant&Rave anyway. Review Section isn't for bashing people and providing their full name to boot.

And remember, she's the admin. She can do whatever the fx she wants, because it's a virtual game. You can go to court on trial about what you may have done, but you most certainly can't expect something like that to work for RO administration. Internetz.

Epoque

I am a current staff member of LuminaRO, and I am also a developer for eAthena. I would like to ammend my thoughts to this topic.

I don't know much about this case in particular, however I did catch quite a number of the messages that were sent back and forth between 'RiddleBox' and the GM team. You state that he was banned 'unjustifiably', however when I reference the messages he posted over MSN, and the offences he commited on LuminaRO, his ban was justified.

You have no right to to come here, and abuse LuminaRO nor Adhelle for a justified ban. I'm not speaking on behalf of Adhelle, nor am I speaking as a representative of LuminaRO. I am simply stating that, as a player of LuminaRO and you feel the ban was unjustified, you should take it up with the staff team of Lumina itself. Coming here simply proves that you're trolling, and this 'RiddleBox' is angry about a ban which he can't accept was justified.

Do not blame a server's GM team for the irresponsibility of a player; do not blame a server because the player received a ban that they felt was 'unfair' when the evidence is pointing against them. If you have an issue, take it up with me, or another representative of the GM team directly. I am a neutral third party, but your retort to this situation is lacking and uncalled for.

Edit

In regards to the crashes during WoE, might I also add that Adhelle never once stopped seeking answers. Myself and Ai4rei both worked to helping fix the problem, and the issue itself seems to have resolved itself after many edits were made to improve the server's performance.

Satyre

Oh dear Riddlebox. Claiming you are a friend of the original poster here, while your way of speaking makes it so obvious. Nice try though. But you see, friend. You're missing a crucial thing here. Something that you claim we lack. What's that called again? Oh yeah. Proof.
And you're right. It's not another Skinnyboy thread. Skinny actually did a better job at attacking us than you ever could.
Either way. Lets take a look at this.
You claim we have no proof. Perhaps not direct proof in the form of screenshots or videos. But does Adhelle really need that? I do believe she hired me because she trusts me. And when it's my word against yours, my opinion is simply much more valuable than yours.
This very thread you just posted, proves you are indeed trying to take it down. Having spoken many times about a big plan you had, having dirt on the GM's you could use against them, which by the way, also covers the next point. Claiming you have dirt against a GM, whether it is true or not. Is blackmailing.
As for trolling and harassing players. I'll gladly go into detail about that as that is the main reason for your ban.
You see, there's a specific member on our server, which name shall not be named here. Not by me at least, who you have purposedly tried to work off the server. That and, trying to set up an entire guild for a ban. Having warned you a few times to be careful with that. I think the ban you received is more than justified.
As for me speaking to Adhelle. That's true. I don't know if you're smart enough or find it necessary to store MSN logs. But let me copy and paste a part from my log right here;

QuoteCody says (22:56):
Nice to know you sold me out for brownie points.
Satyre says (22:57):
Excuse me?
Cody says (22:58):
You should know what I'm talking about.
Don't plkay stupid with me.
I just have two words for you.
f*** you.
Satyre says (22:58):
Well, it's nice to know you're judging without talking to me for several days.
Cody says (22:59):
Considering I have no idea on who to believe here.
I'm going with mi instincts.
Satyre says (22:59):
me*
Cody says (22:59):
Either Adhelle is lying, you are, or both of you are.
Satyre says (23:00):
Well, you're just judging right now. I don't know exactly what happened. I did talk to Adhelle about some things, yes, saying I was worried. I don't know much else about what happened, apart from the fact that you got banned shortly after I saw you and Adhelle talking.
Cody says (23:00):
She told me, that you said I should be banned.,
Cody says (23:01):
That I was blackmailing you and Elissa.
Satyre says (23:02):
Hmm :| I said you had been provoking people, and that you saying you were getting trolled in return, was mostly your own fault, and if you'd keep that up, we'd have to step in eventually.
Cody says (23:02):
To be honest, I was going to leave peacefully.
But this? This is unjustified.
Satyre says (23:03):
Well, perhaps it was a mistake trying to stop you from leaving then, Riddle.
was going to leave peacefully? What's that supposed to mean?
Cody says (23:03):
Just that.
I was going to stop coming on.
Leaving mi account to Josh.
Cody says (23:04):
Riddle was going to be no more on Lumina.
Not like it matters, what's done is done.
Satyre says (23:05):
I suppose. You should know though that you shouldn't just judge someone by your instincts
Cody says (23:05):
Satyre, I have nobody to believe in this situation.
Satyre says (23:05):
Especially since you're just assuming things right now. Should've come to me to ask/talk about things.

As you can see, I never said that anything Adhelle told you wasn't true. Like stated in that chat with you; You are just assuming things. Nothing more. If you're going to attack Adhelle and her server, please, try harder and at least try to stick with the facts.

adhelle

Or at least spell my name correctly.

Guys, just drop it. He got banned, he got mad, he qqs. Fin.

Edit:
Oh, almost forgot
Sorry you think this way and thanks for the review.

Miruruneko

The reasons you were banned were quite clear, and there's an abundance of proof to back it up.
The so-called "proof" you have above is nothing but recycled accusations, nothing more. Furthermore, they've all been disproven already. On the other side, there's limitless proof in the chat logs I have to prove your intentions were ill to begin with. You lose.