What's the best bolt skill for Super Novice in PVP/WoE?

Started by kaktuz, May 30, 2009, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaktuz

lightning bolt is good because you make more damage on frozen enemies (i'm not taking frost diver)
fire bolt is good because you make more damage on stone cursed enemies (i'm taking stone curse lvl 10)
cold bolt is good because it's easy to get 2 siroma cards and make 2x damage with them

i can't decide which of them to take. what's your opinion?

horo

Realistically none because you'll die after you did your first instant bolt and then you'll lose your +10 to all stats. LB is a waste of stat points ( <3 TS SN though), and the only people you'll see frozen in WoE are GR wearers anyway. If you're going for a caster SN, you'll have FB and CB 10 anyway, but once again, someone will kill you before your first SC cast has hardened.

Here's a video of a SN team doing ET btw :3

Relics

Well I don't know lots about super novies.. but if you're going to cast bolts, fire is probably your 'best' bet.

IMO, it all depends on the situation.. and in this case you really need to know what your opponent is wearing. fire bolt on ed is obvious.. and sometimes lightning on a pre-stoned target is a good mix up incase your enemy knows how to tag elements properly.

All in all, for PvP, know your opponent and for WoE, switch class.

kaktuz

Quote from: horo on May 30, 2009, 11:43 AM
Realistically none because you'll die after you did your first instant bolt
god damn i hate these on answers. no one is perfect

QuoteIf you're going for a caster SN, you'll have FB and CB 10 anyway
i take this then but i have to sacrifice 3 skill points from safety wall

LiteX

Quote from: Relics on May 30, 2009, 11:44 AM
Well I don't know lots about super novies.. but if you're going to cast bolts, fire is probably your 'best' bet.

IMO, it all depends on the situation.. and in this case you really need to know what your opponent is wearing. fire bolt on ed is obvious.. and sometimes lightning on a pre-stoned target is a good mix up incase your enemy knows how to tag elements properly.

All in all, for PvP, know your opponent and for WoE, switch class.

I agree for fire in WoE defense, most people in WoE are prepared for SG/LoV pelting, few people I have seen actually use MS in WoE nowadays
ライテ‐エクス

horo

MS is the most popular defense AoE next to SG, noone smart uses LoV anymore... it has been completely dead for years now, probably since Anolian got moved out of CT.

Ayu

LoV has just no killing power, but add another lay of "stunlock" by spells. Lucky blind is there i guess, but why not just SG or MS if you got a wizard around...

Anyway, fire works with stone curse and web, but then it's reduced by thara valk. Some precasts utilize meteor storm stacking with salamander card out and that meteor storm stacks unlike multiple SG. IMHO, fire element is pretty well covered and you don't want your guild to put all the eggs in one basket/element. Imp helps of course, but it's not always an easy to get card. Lightning bolt has no accessory card to boost it like cold and fire bolts can, but valk shield doesn't reduce it and works with SG. So if you put it in "that" perspective, lightning bolt isn't automatically out of the picture. I wouldn't count it out as the 'obvious' loser out of the 3 bolts.

LiteX

Quote from: horo on Jun 01, 2009, 03:50 AM
MS is the most popular defense AoE next to SG, noone smart uses LoV anymore... it has been completely dead for years now, probably since Anolian got moved out of CT.

Then Lighting Bolt would be the best for the element of surprise i see, it really depends on the server's playing style of defense, most people would expect the common spell elements so you should use the least used elemental bolt
ライテ‐エクス

horo

Yes, that's why wizards use earth spells frequently...

Orange

Quote from: LiteX on Jun 01, 2009, 05:00 AM

Then Lighting Bolt would be the best for the element of surprise i see, it really depends on the server's playing style of defense, most people would expect the common spell elements so you should use the least used elemental bolt
Problem with lightning bolt is there is no card for it..

imp/siroma = +50% dmg and -50% cast with either cold or ice bolt(with 2), no such card for lightning >.>
:3

horo

the cast reduction part doesn't matter with a SN's dex, but LB is just plain not an option in a SN's skill build.

LiteX

Quote from: Orange on Jun 01, 2009, 06:47 AM
Quote from: LiteX on Jun 01, 2009, 05:00 AM

Problem with lightning bolt is there is no card for it..

imp/siroma = +50% dmg and -50% cast with either cold or ice bolt(with 2), no such card for lightning >.>

Either less damage by opponent's element or less damage by nonexisting cards, you choose
ライテ‐エクス

Dean Stark

Personally, I prefer Fire Bolt because of Stone Curse. Even if someone uses and ED card which nullifies SC, then They'd still get extra damage from Fire Bolt.

I haven't read any of the posts so feel free to correct me if this has been already pointed out. =p