TK Ranker or SG? Which should I go with?

Started by Xeighter, Jan 01, 2009, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeighter

First off, server information. They're "mid-rate" per se: 255/125, FOR ALL CLASSES including TK.
There aren't many TK Rankers, or TKs for that matter (I'm at 20 points and I'm in 2nd!), so I have a lot of time to get the rank up eventually. However, I'm not sure if I should stay with TK Ranker or go straight to SG.

Things to note: GTB is at 70%
I'm using SG/ TK Ranker for two things: PVP and MVP hunting.
No cards have been nerfed and there are no donates that have 4-slots and s***. So I have a slot for top and mid headgear. There are no Slepnirs or Megs [yet]. So ignore them.
Bishop is for magic-classes only.

That's pretty much it.

What kind of stats do I want if I stay TK Ranker?  I currently have: 60 Vit, enough Agi for 189 and 255 Str (Oh and Dex to have 400 hit).
For SG, I do not know them that very well, so if you believe I should go SG, by all means, please specify some stats and equips.

As for equips, even the knowledge of what kind of headgear I should use and such would be helpful. Should I go with Odin's Blessing, even though it breaks? or get some MDef with a Robe.

Please help, thanks guys.

Sarin

hm hm hm...TK is pretty much outclassed offensively on HR, since his greatest ability is enormous stun-spam, wich is totally useless on HR. Speaking of damage output, it is crap. On the other hand tho, triple hp/sp you gain from being ranker might play very important role. Compared to TK, SG has approx. double damage output if you increase aspd to match it, but loses special kicks. If you are able to gain Book of the Dead (Ledger of Death), SG can be incredible coma-dealer, but IMO is in that role again matched or outclassed by other classes.

In fact, on HR I see no reason for playing either TK or SG.

Xeighter

Wait... HR?

100x rates are HR?

I can get Book of the Dead easily :3 I keep searching it for on RMS, but I never see it. I guess you're using an alias?

TKs are useless in WOE and for MVP... there's better. But uh... I dunno.  I thought TK rankers would be fast-hitters and killers. They have Flying Side-kicked, high jump and running that gives them a nice boost. Oh, let's not forget about Warm Wind and Break fall

Max ASPD is 196, but I keep mine at 189, just enough for Combos.

Cielte

Book of the Dead is one of Berzebubs drops. o.o
All I'm sayin' on this matter, lol.

Xeighter

More input would be appreciated.

Ledger of Death appears okay. 2 slots, -20 luk. MATK?
Doesn't show his location.

MemoZzz

Go for TK Ranker... AGI influences in the speed that you can spam combos, so make a note of that..

bleu

You have already narrowed down your option between TK Ranker or Star Gladiator.
Which among the two is better at PVP and MVP?

I would prefer Star Gladiator.

MVP
Warmth Star Gladiator is quite a formidable MVP character. Check if your server has nerf the HITS per Second of WARMTH. Originally, it was 50 hits per second, but it was later reduced to 10 hits per second. Even after the nerf, Star Gladiators are still able to excel at MVP. Mainly because of UNION (penetrate DEF of monsters), Never Miss, access to 7 elements, Fighting Chant and WARMTH (10 or 50 hits per second). Check if your server provide an easier way to reset your sun, moon and stars map? If yes, then its more reason to choose Star Gladiator, as it will no longer limit your MVP maps. Are you able to reset your skills/stats? An AGI Blind Star Gladiator is also able to be an efficient MVP character.

[youtube=425,350]_1j-X9xOhgQ[/youtube]
A Warmth SG at 50 hits per second (He is also blind, so he is not a pure Warmth SG; something you can achieve easily with 125 job skill)

PVP
Not my area of expertise. In a PVP map, WARMTH will drain the SP of your opponent. Without SP, you don't really have to worry about Skill Spamming - like Sonic Blow. Does your server allow you to reset the Hatred of the Sun, Moon and Stars? If yes, then its even more beneficial. You could do more damage to your selected target class (Target: SinX) This enable you to do more damage against any SinX. A SG can equip with a book, TK Ranker cannot use a weapon. Anything a TK Ranker can do; a SG can do more - except combo. With 125 job skills, you can easily max out all the skills on both TK and SG class if deemed necessary.

Recommended readings:
http://write.ratemyserver.net/ragnoark-online-character-guides/star-gladiator-guide/
http://write.ratemyserver.net/ragnoark-online-character-guides/taekwon-ranker-guide/

Xeighter

Well, that doesn't help at all. With such an elaborate post, I am now even more unsure of the two. I'm really more into PVP than MVP (We have Angra for MVPs and Dungeons [196 ASPD, 1,000 attack, 80% regen life].

Ranker does have that Tripled SP and HP which allows more survivability.
Server doesn't have the reset command, but a slight suggestion will lean them towards it. Is there a manual way to do it? [You said easier, thus I'm assuming there is a way, but harder]

Now blind? Isn't that through Hatred? Do I want that?
Also, don't I need to be Soul-linked? I can get a Soul-Linker to do it for me at will (dual-boxing), but what are it's advantages?
Also, if it's manual nerf (meaning they must specifically edit their server to nerf) then no, they probably haven't nerfed it yet. However, if it's default, then yes, it's been nerfed.

What will be my main modes of attack? What kind of items am I looking for?

CookieEater

Resetting your Places/Targets is a killer for your mental stability. You have to sit down next to another TK-class character (TK or SG, and I believe SL works too) and keep spamming /doridori for Happy Break or whatever it's called to activate over and over in the hope that an angel appears and resets your stuff.

Blind comes through Demon of the Sun, Moon and Stars, not Hatred. Hatred increases your damage against the respective Targets.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Xeighter

Do I need hatred?

I still don't know whether to go TK or SG

Poki

Flip a coin.  Let chance decide your class.  If you really want to, have a vote.

I say star gladiator.  They're more fun to play with and you don't see that many people who can own with them.  I think Star gladiators can excel in damage more than the TK.  Aside that the TK has the tripled hp/sp, you access to more personal buffs.

CookieEater

SG=More damage.

TK=More HP and less complication.

Quote from: Xeighter on Jan 02, 2009, 02:42 PM
Do I need hatred?
For a Warmth build? Yes. It yields a superior damage, since you're restricted anyway with Places so adding Targets is just a small nuisance.

For a Demon build? I advice against it. First because of the stats required to make it truly worthwile (Dex and Luk) and secondly because you'll remove the freedom that not-going-Warmth provides.

Xeighter

You see more people own with TK Ranker?
Yeah, I'm not going to let chance nor a vote (without justifications of the voters/ reasons) decide my choice.

I dunno anything of these warmth and demon builds.

I thought SG had less complication? Press all the buffs and warm skills and then flying side kick and such? Edit: read the guide and it appears they need to know more.

Also, they don't get the Running bonus stat and their best book relies on coma...

CookieEater

Nope. SG is like a TK except with more skills (which, by definition, increases complication for any class :P) of which pretty much every one has a restriction of sorts.

Xeighter

Quote from: CookieEater on Jan 02, 2009, 03:24 PM
Nope. SG is like a TK except with more skills (which, by definition, increases complication for any class :P) of which pretty much every one has a restriction of sorts.

Edit: read the guide and it appears they need to know more.
Also, they don't get the Running bonus stat and their best book relies on coma...
Yeah xD Just read their guide.

I'm mainly focusing on PvP, what would the SGs main attack skills? What kind of strategy would I be looking for?

Edit: Also, will I be able to survive against Bio 3 MVPs? They kill me incredibly fast with my Taekwon (Max vit)