SG - Skill Questions

Started by TiroDvD, Feb 07, 2014, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiroDvD

So I think I want to try and make a SG. My questions will be many and confused. Super thanks in advance.

Background: I've played RO on and off since before Comodo. I only really know stuff up to Thanatos. I've played a Soul Linker.

Objective: I enjoy RO for partying with people and killing monsters, especially the with people part. Zero interest in MVPs or PvP. I might WoE or Battlegrounds with friends just for something different. Not big/disdain leeches. I have no intention to trans or get to level 99.

Limitations: My desired RO server will be LR-MR with close to vanilla settings. I will make use of Skill & Stat resets, but only for adjustments, not for impossible classes. I play casually and don't care to be super powerful or dominating. I prefer fun and unique play. I mostly go for cheap but useful gears. E.g. quad a Hill Wind card for my book wielding Auto-Bolt Sage.

Do SG master all kicks or just one or two?

What TK kicks are very important with a SG?
When making a SL, kicks can be greatly skimped since they are lost in the class change. I preferred "Stun" Kick so I could hit those stupid high AGL Leaf Cats. I'm noticing that most SG build skip DEX. "Never miss" Kick seems more useful since there is a SG skill for it (SLS Team Up). "Spin Around" & "Push Back" Kicks seem good for mobbing, but wouldn't SLS Heat do the same?

Any recommended locations for Moon and Star locations?
Odin supposedly is the consensus for Sun. Remember that I'm not going for super duper gears.

Is SLS Hatred permanent or can new monsters be targeted?

If SLS Hatred is permanent, would it be feasible to split up the targets of SLS Perception & Hatred so that I could have 4 or 5 leveling spots instead of just 3?

Would it be feasible to skip Moon/Star branch?
Not having an extra branch gives more flex room for SLS Knowledge or more TK kicks.

Are there any skills (or lack of them) that will make people avoid me as a SG?
I suspect that if I don't get Solar Blessing 5 for Skeggiolds people will avoid me like the plague, but are there any others?

Am I crazy to get SLS Friend?
I know the answer is probably yes. In most of my years playing I only see Monks soloing so I don't know their tastes in skills or leveling locations. I wonder if there are favorite spots that Monks level that could be good for Moon or Star.

With all this monster & location research, no wonder SG's use books as their weapons.  /ok

Rugal

Quote from: TiroDvD on Feb 07, 2014, 12:51 PM
Objective: I enjoy RO for partying with people and killing monsters, especially the with people part. Zero interest in MVPs or PvP. I might WoE or Battlegrounds with friends just for something different. Not big/disdain leeches. I have no intention to trans or get to level 99.
All SG attack skills related to 3 parametrs Base LVL, DEX, LUK. So you will need to rise 99 Base lvl to get good dmg output.
Also SG can lvl 99 on x1 rates for 5 days about 4h per/day (if you have all equips).
My prefered build is:
STR: 96 + 34
AGI: 1 + 24
VIT: 30 + 5
INT: 2 + 13
DEX: 82 + 18
LUK: 41 + 30
Buffs: Bless,Agi,Gloria
Note: For SG Gloria buff provides not only crit/perfect dodge, also +10% DMG on your Anger targets

Limitations: My desired RO server will be LR-MR with close to vanilla settings. I will make use of Skill & Stat resets, but only for adjustments, not for impossible classes. I play casually and don't care to be super powerful or dominating. I prefer fun and unique play. I mostly go for cheap but useful gears. E.g. quad a Hill Wind card for my book wielding Auto-Bolt Sage.
Universal gears for SG would be +7 - +8 [Magni's Cap,Odin Blessing,Stone Buckler] set, +6 - +8 [Vali's Manteu,Vidar Boots] set, 2xRing[Mantis], Opera Mask/Alarm Mask/Goblin Leader Mask.
As a weapon i prefer 4 weapons: +10 Book[3], +10 Any Elemental Books[3], +10 Giant Encyclopedia[2], Bare Fists
As weapon cards you would prefer to get Abysmall Knight Cards (i would recomend to get 2 and place it to G.Encyclopedia)
For armor:
- Shield: Hoodremlin Card (-15% From All sizes, if we fight vs Large we also get -5% bonus from Stone Buckler) and Alice Card(-40% from Boss Type monsters)
- Armor: Peco Peco Card, Evil Druid Card, Porcelio Card, Armor Element Cards

There is only one kick that you would need - Counter Kick

Odin supposedly is the consensus for Sun. Remember that I'm not going for super duper gears.
- moc_field20 (Incarnations of Morocc + Satan of Morocc): You can solo Incarnations, but you need pots and Union
- thor_v01 (Kasa): You can solo Kassa, but you need alot of pots. Better go party, you have no DMG penalty on amount of monsters your Heat is damaging. In this case i highly recomend to get Odin's Blessing [Pasana]
- 1 Arena map, just for fun and PvP in case you have marked Some class with Anger Skill. Desired Targets are Sins,Monks.
If you think it's a waste of so needed skill you might be wrong. 1500 SP can be burnt within 2-3 sec. Also under Union you can hit for 2k+ DMG with auto attack and 4k+ with Counter Hit (that never miss, not regarding under Union buff you are or not). But the best DMG output is Sprint + Flying Kick combo (if Break Fall triggered while you Sprint DMG additionaly multiplied, good vs Range Jobs. Almost 1 Hit-Kill).
But prepare to die alot form mage class job and sword class job. Espesially from Professors, dispell and die )

Permanent

If SLS Hatred is permanent, would it be feasible to split up the targets of SLS Perception & Hatred so that I could have 4 or 5 leveling spots instead of just 3?
Better have 3 targets with good damage output then 6 with less.

Not having an extra branch gives more flex room for SLS Knowledge or more TK kicks.
Absolutely NO. All 3 Branches are MUST HAVE.

I suspect that if I don't get Solar Blessing 5 for Skeggiolds people will avoid me like the plague, but are there any others?
Forget about ALL Blessings no need skill.
My skill build:
Running                                 Lv 10
Prepare Counter Kick                    Lv 1
Counter Kick                            Lv 7
Break Fall                              Lv 1
Flying Side Kick                        Lv 7
Peaceful Rest                           Lv 6
Enjoyable Rest                          Lv 5
Fighting Chant                          Lv 5
Warm Wind                               Lv 7

Feeling of the Sun, Moon and Stars      Lv 3
Warmth of the Sun                       Lv 3
Warmth of the Moon                      Lv 3
Warmth of the Stars                     Lv 3
Comfort of the Sun                      Lv 1
Comfort of the Moon                     Lv 1
Comfort of the Stars                    Lv 1
Hatred of the Sun, Moon, and Stars      Lv 3
Anger of the Sun                        Lv 3
Anger of the Moon                       Lv 3
Anger of the Stars                      Lv 3
Friend of the Sun, Moon and Stars       Lv 3
Knowledge of the Sun, Moon and Stars    Lv 9
Union of the Sun, Moon and Stars        Lv 1

Total 1st job skill point used: 49/49 Left: 0 Over: 0
Total 2nd job skill point used: 40/49 Left: 9 Over: 0

You have 9 points left and you can spend it whatever you like. I prefer to spend it in-to Demon.
In that case you will have 190 aspd with Agi buff and Berserk Potion when you fight with Bare Fist.

I know the answer is probably yes. In most of my years playing I only see Monks soloing so I don't know their tastes in skills or leveling locations. I wonder if there are favorite spots that Monks level that could be good for Moon or Star.
Good choise for me coz i had party with a friend and he played a combo-champ. This skill greatly increased our DMG output on Incarnation of morocc.

With all this monster & location research, no wonder SG's use books as their weapons.  /ok
You only need book for Boss type monsters. Most of other monsters can be erased by Auto-attack,Flying Kick,Counter Kick.

Additional Information:
Also for SG there is 2 events:
1) Mircle - will be shown donkey blessing from the Angel that comes from the sky (You wouldn't miss it).
If Mircle triggered, then on that map ALL monsters will be marked as Anger targets and you can use all your Heat skill.
Chance for Mircle 0.01% while simply walking on the map. If you relog/move to another map/summoned by Husband/Wife - Miracle effect ends.

2) All marked maps Re-set (Sun/Moon/Stars) - All your marked maps get's reseted and you can again mark any map you want. Chance 0.01% when you "doridori" sitting near any Taekwon class, actualy you NEED to gain HP/SP with that action. If you "doridori" with full HP/SP it wouldn't trigger.

Small Hints:
1) If you fight with Bare Fist don't forget to have Sprint buff
2) If Break Fall triggered you can use a Free for SP and DMG boosted Flying Kick (eaven if you "mesh" Counter Kick it would not break combo, so you can "mesh" two buttons Counter Kick and Flying Kick)

Astraeos

I typically don't bother with any of the kicks since as TKM you dont use any other than Flying Side Kick, since the other kicks use SP and can kill you pretty easily in Union. There's also not many points to go around.

What TK kicks are very important with a SG?
When making a SL, kicks can be greatly skimped since they are lost in the class change. I preferred "Stun" Kick so I could hit those stupid high AGL Leaf Cats. I'm noticing that most SG build skip DEX. "Never miss" Kick seems more useful since there is a SG skill for it (SLS Team Up). "Spin Around" & "Push Back" Kicks seem good for mobbing, but wouldn't SLS Heat do the same?
Heat is stronger than any of the kicks, but TKMs in general are bad vs non-boss monsters. As heat will push them away and the kicks aren't frequent enough to do proper DPS.

Sun in Odins for Skeggoilds, Moon in Bio3 for Hwiz, Stars in Thors for Kasas. I dont know if you can do this on private servers, but on officials you can use Hunters Talkie Box with Heat to proc Miracle if you need to use it for a specific purpose on any other map than the 3 I listed.

Most private servers will let you reset what you have aligned once a week with a command. Their permanent unless you sit between 2 SNs and spam /doridori for 3 hours. (Its a random chance to reset)

Depends how much resources you're willing to put into it. We used to do Kasas as soon as the TKM could survive a FB to the face, which was around lv65. If there's a place, like SM, its easier to just set up in a remote corner and force proc miracle then go to town on everything.

Not really, certain skills like Protection are useless. Team Up and Shadow also have no use on Heat TKMs.

You dont need to get it, but then again theres no reason to not get it.

You'll see almost 0 use from the skill, so I'd advise against getting it.

As for a build, I usually give up some damage for more VIT. The TTK is only like 1 second shorter, if even that and I never have to worry about size of mobs or anything like that on TKM.