My Gunslinger Build (The Living Turret)

Started by Nightlinks, Mar 08, 2009, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightlinks

THE LIVING TURRET

[Disclaimer]: I know a lot of you don't use GS's, and I know a lot of you believe gatlings are the worst ever, but I found this build to be highly effective against MVP's. [/disclaimer]

Good day everyone!

This Gunslinger build is all about taking on impossibly hard enemies in 1v1 battles. You will not be touched.

Weapon: Butcher[1] with Skeleton Soldier card or a Magnolia card. (Or if you're impossibly aawesome, a Doppelganger)

Here are my equips

Head: AoA (Apple of Archer)
Mid: Sunglasses (They look awesome, and blind res. is nice)
Lower: Cigarette (Meh, loooks)

Undershirt + Pantie combo
Rosary of counter[1] (Card is your pref.)
Ring **The +2STR one. (Strength bonus, can't complain)

Stats:

AGI - 99
DEX - 99

Dump the rest in VIT, if you are using bullet casings, you won't need strength.

This should give you a base ASPD ~ 179

Skills:
Madness canceller - 1/1 (Increase ASPD)
Flip The Coin - 5/5 (70% chance is good)
Gatling Fever 10/10 (Increase ASPD)
Increasing Accuracy (Adds some DEX and HIT)
Single Action - 10
Snake Eye -10
-------------------------------------------

Tactics:
When you're just moving around/looking for your target, make sure you keep Increasing Accuracy and a Berserk Potion active. Also, keep your coin count full at all times.

When you sight your target enemy, immediately cast GF and MC, in that order and immediately open fire. Suprised? You should be, your ASPD should be around 187-190. Thus, the target should unable to move. At all. In fact, if you hit them from far enough away, you can simply finish them off without taking a hit.

It's imoportant to get your opponent at long range as MC disables your movement.

Also, have a friend or two cover your back, any minions on you will have a higher chance to hit you, stay sharp.

If the enemy has a lot of health, your MC may dissapate before you kill it, in that case, just cast it again as soon as it runs out. The bad part of this is that you will only have enough coins to refresh your MC once.  This shouldnt be a problem as you should destroy your opponent before this happens.

Well, this is my first shot at a guide ^_^

Good hunting.

^*(Nightlinks)*^
The Whitesmith Extraordinaire

Dean Stark

Add Rapid Shower(lvl 7) and Desperado(lvl 5) as they are prereqs to Gatling Fever. Also, add Chain Action(lvl 3) as it is a prereq to Rapid Shower. Glad to see ppl are actually using GS's!  ;D

I also suggest Magnolia Card on the Butcher[1] as it curses the mobs. Ineffective vs MVP's though.

Nightlinks

Dur, I main one ;D

I just put down the neccesary skills, but that's a good idea too.

I like SS card for the crits, but magnolia looks like a good addition too, i'll put it up.

Littlechan

Quote from: Nightlinks on Mar 08, 2009, 03:03 AM
Dur, I main one ;D

I just put down the neccesary skills, but that's a good idea too.

I like SS card for the crits, but magnolia looks like a good addition too, i'll put it up.

magnolia is better if you want to slow down people :)

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Loki

Why slow them down if you could stun-lock. Well it's good for Eddga users and LK/Pally though. So be sure to have more than 1 weap.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Littlechan

Quote from: Loki on Mar 08, 2009, 06:50 AM
Why slow them down if you could stun-lock. Well it's good for Eddga users and LK/Pally though. So be sure to have more than 1 weap.

because they are stun-immune xD

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Dean Stark

This is more of a PvM build than PvP or WoE. Some mobs move faster and are quite resistant to stun such as Venatus but are vulnerable to curse.

Nightlinks

PvM mostly, yes. But I've taken out my fair share of players with this build.

(Of course LK's and Pallys eat me for breakfast, meh.)

Relics

Quote from: Nightlinks on Mar 08, 2009, 07:24 PM
PvM mostly, yes. But I've taken out my fair share of players with this build.

(Of course LK's and Pallys eat me for breakfast, meh.)

A lot more is gonna eat you for breakfast if they know what they're doing.

but again, it works for PvM =p

Dean Stark

Quote from: Nightlinks on Mar 08, 2009, 12:44 AM
As for equips, anything you can get that increases AGI and DEX is preferable.

Might I ask what your equips are and since it's FeelRO, none of those OP donations i hope.

mahawirasd

since there's only 1 slot in butcher, you might want to use pantie-undershirt slotted with the archer combo for more agi and dex and that extra ranged attack damage.

even if you are going crit, remember drosera>SS for ranged... /swt;
in my server some1 made a mess for his/herself by slotting a perfectly good +10 comp bow with 2 SS cards... /heh; he/she's been vending in pront for 4 M but no one seems to buy (well d'uh)... well it's not such a loss actually, if she was the crit type she'd probably have dex-agi-luk anyway, so 2 SS and 2 drosera should give him/her a basic 48 crit rate and with enough luk that rate can go up to more than 65%, decent enough for any crit build. If needs be he/she could also use two crit rosaries to help...

anyway, status effects are good but imho they are only good when you have more than 1 slot. Since it's only 1 slot, i would suggest cecil damon/doppel (if you're an Aspd maniac) /the archer combo above... With that kind of Aspd, you should be able to hit-delay lock anubis, evil nymphs, etc...

as for PVP, i really really really think GS are NOT meant to PVP. Especially gatling builds... as some1 said before this post: if they know what they're doing, they should eat you for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner... xP

-w-

Cielte

Okay, please note that this build is MOSTLY FOR MVP. If he mentioned this is a PvP build anywhere point it out to me. There's no need for "PvP advice" if it's for a freaking MvP build. We all also know that unless on a 4/2 SHR server. Gunslingers are bound to die. No need to contstantly point out the obvious.

Nightlinks

Thank you Raine, couldnt've put it any better myself.

And thank you for the suggestions everyone! I'll add them when I have time, don't worry ;D.

I know my cards/gear/stat suggestions may not be optimal. But this build just works for me.

And again, this is my first attempt at posting a build anyway.

One other thing, FeelRO is my first RO server, ever. So give me a break y'all. ;D

Dean Stark

Poki

Good effort for your first guide, but it would have been nice if you didn't make the mistake right at the beginning by NOT posting this in the guide section :/
Still, good effort.  Might want to make a list of what an ideal gunslinger using your build should wear.  And probably round the 99 AGI and STR a bit so that the extra stat points can be placed in like vit or something.

Dean Stark

Quote from: Poki on Mar 13, 2009, 10:00 PM
Still, good effort.  Might want to make a list of what an ideal gunslinger using your build should wear.  And probably round the 99 AGI and STR a bit so that the extra stat points can be placed in like vit or something.

Oops.  :P

Nightlinks