It is a hard fight...
But honestly it depends on who is better in STRATEGY
I have never fought a Gunslinger in PvP o_o

But from the Ninjas I've seen the are easy and predictable
Magic...annoying Cicada backslide skill
Magic...magic...slide...repeat

When you get past the cicada thing they are easy to defeat :D
But I've only seen crappy Ninjas :(

I dunno honestly, I like the original classes more.

watdapak

I like ninja because its hard for me to hit ninja because of cicada. i like build of ninja is KS Killing Stroke or Final Strike. I can kill champ in one hit.

ngjoko

Yeah, i agree. Originals are still the best, i dunno when 3rd classes will be here though, i'm so looking forward to it. Til now, i still haven't tried taekwon before, could be that i was too pissed with taekwon boots in my server. Next time, there'll be jiangshi everywhere in rune midgard, creepy. Jiangshi means stiff corpse, which is something similar to munak and her brothers, that hops around in the night looking for human's "chi" energy to feed on, maybe they'll learn some skills like life and soul drain.

Wow, 1 hit kill!? That's awesome! But it's sure to be a feat that's hard or impossible to achieve in my server. Leveling is super hard, reseting one of your characters needs an actual fund of 1million rupiahs to buy an item from the kafra store to reset everything.
Come and join HeRO, it's lots of fun. ^^

Kurain

I personally like shadow slash hybrids (which no one really uses :-\). In fact, I've only seen like 4 that use shadow slash. I think it partly for the reason that you need to change tactics a lot (if the person is using sight, you need to step back after slashing a cell).

They are great in the way that you are hiding 70% of the time and dealing about 2k damage every second. They can also get some magic skills that do some good damage even if you are going both strength and intelligence (Shadow slash does 2k each slash with a basic weapon and Lightning spear does average damage with about a 0.30 cast).

Final Strike is way too unreliable. It randomly does insane damage (it did 27k when I used it once and it usually does 10k) but reduces your HP to 1. Also, you won't one hit kill everything considering it is always a neutral element.

Melee ninjas should invest in some throwing skills such as throw kunai just to make leveling a lot easier.

Gunslingers can drop any class including paladin but it may have problems with sniper. They can do the basic desperado spam, critical agility rifle, or a 190 ASPD gatling gun that spams triple action at a crazy rate. Grenade launchers I've never tried, but they seem useful in the way that you can use triple action with them and that they have some crazy attack power along with the ability to break armor.

Link1

A Ninja will have the upperhand when fighting against a gunslinger, due to a gunslinger being a range type and reverse tatami for ninjas is a beautiful skill. Also gunslingers wont have a gtb or maya cos guns dont allow them to use skills, a happy magic ninja will be destroying you, even if you do have mdef gears they can always switch to kunai/throw fuuma shuriken and because of your weak defense you will be downed quite fast. The only way i could see a gunslinger winning against a ninja is if the ninja doesn't use crimson fire and you got close enough to him to use desperado or the gunslinger has a sinx card which makes the ninja come in range for you to Desperado.
GM Ken - Black Knight RO (Aussie)
www.bn-ro.com

MasterXX

I play on a 5x/5x/3x server and my gunslinger has been blowing through levels. Make a mage friend with fire bolt and kill geographers until around 45. From there i got desperado and a high dex/ balanced vit/ low int/ 1 everything else. In PvP I can kill anyone that is not an insta cast super novice or archers, but any mele class stands no chance. The trick is to buy a garrison and get it to around +7 then put in to zipper bear cards.

Well Good Luck!!!  :)

Head Monocle of DOOM

The most important thing about a gunslinger is to remeber to stay away from what you're trying to kill!!!
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Eisenbaer

Both classes have very low HP making them difficult to use, to make up for this both have alot of different builds such as shotgun/revolver ninpou/ninjasura (bad pun). From personal experience both classes need much more work and skill then your average trans class and need major tweaking before they will be equal in PVP. That being said, I love gunslinger and i think its one of the coolest classes in the game, but the only real way you can do dmg is by getting up close to your opponent and either using full blast, which might get you killed, or spamming desperado, which will probably get you killed. Ninja on the other hand is HARD TO KILL due to cicida skin shedding and illusionary shadow. Ninja's dmg isnt very good IMO and Final strike is weak as hell and only really viable in the PVP arena where dmg isn't reduced, and you can spam mist/shadow slash. I hope that helped.

DemonEyes

Quote from: Link1 on Nov 06, 2008, 11:26 PM
A Ninja will have the upperhand when fighting against a gunslinger, due to a gunslinger being a range type and reverse tatami for ninjas is a beautiful skill. Also gunslingers wont have a gtb or maya cos guns dont allow them to use skills, a happy magic ninja will be destroying you, even if you do have mdef gears they can always switch to kunai/throw fuuma shuriken and because of your weak defense you will be downed quite fast. The only way i could see a gunslinger winning against a ninja is if the ninja doesn't use crimson fire and you got close enough to him to use desperado or the gunslinger has a sinx card which makes the ninja come in range for you to Desperado.

you also have to think, if the gunslinger dose use desperado as long as the ninja has Cicada Skin Shed on he will just slide away, really gunners stand no chance against ninjas in pvp

Head Monocle of DOOM

In the end it's purely based on teh skill of the user a skilled user can pwn any class that has an unskilled user behind the helm.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

DemonEyes

Quote from: DemonEyes on Jan 22, 2009, 11:21 PM
Quote from: Link1 on Nov 06, 2008, 11:26 PM

you also have to think, if the gunslinger dose use desperado as long as the ninja has Cicada Skin Shed on he will just slide away, really gunners stand no chance against ninjas in pvp

let me rephrase this, if, you have a maya p or some boxes of sunlight and can hide also than u have some hope there, before the ninja jumps keep trying to spam a skill on him while hes hiding so when he dose jump it will hit him, just have to be better at strategic playing than the other person, or just be really lucky xD

A92FL0163

That's why you alternate between freezing and poison grenade launchers, they are considered trap(yet melee, but remember, missed attacks may still receive effects), so if the Ninja slide, he will be probally frozen, so you set a mass of bomb around him and hit him once again. If ciceda doesn't end up fully consumed, the ninja will be miles and miles away from you, and if it IS consumed, you can consider the ninja with 20% hp or less.

DemonEyes

Quote from: Parameters on Jan 24, 2009, 10:41 PM
That's why you alternate between freezing and poison grenade launchers, they are considered trap(yet melee, but remember, missed attacks may still receive effects), so if the Ninja slide, he will be probally frozen, so you set a mass of bomb around him and hit him once again. If ciceda doesn't end up fully consumed, the ninja will be miles and miles away from you, and if it IS consumed, you can consider the ninja with 20% hp or less.
nice.