GUNSLINGER SUCKS read more

Started by Honorbydeath, Nov 01, 2006, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph Zyaber

the problem I find with the class is everything focuses around pistols and to a lesser extent rifles.  Shotguns are slow, have long aftercast delays on skills and despite their destructive power and splash damage AoE, are just not as good as the things pistols and rifles can do.

Pistols can strip weapon at range, do huge rapid shower damage, huge AoE Melee based damage with Desperado and also make effective use of high aspd with that skill that is similar to double attack.  They can also make effective use of the coin skills, especially fling.

Rifles have more power and range but less spammability.

The grenade skill is a joke no matter what server you're on.  SP cost is too high even with 99 int, 99 dex build. and the skill build to get there leaves you with little to anything else but shotgun skills.

I have seen GS's do huge damage on MVPs with fling on mid-high rates, but in a low-rate environment or one where you don't change the class majorly, i.e. buffing up their HP/SP values, changing skills etc, they really really stink compared to regular trans-classes.

IMO however, they are better than snipers if played right.
Bleh

Dean Stark

it's true that GS's are strong and i've seen them do great damage and all with the right gears, but trans classes w/ the right gears would almost always outdamage GS... sure Full Buster's strong, but how can it compare to snipers' FA? Raped Shower could be stronger than DS but it has more animation delay and is less spammable... there's no comparison to GS and snipers it's just that GS has multiple playing styles, but don't expect those to be enough to match a trans class

fluidin

There is no way GS can be of more value than trans classes in a 99/70, no customs environment.

A Sniper fully outclasses GS. Sharpshooting under poem already does much more DPS. Disarm is useless. If you don't have 24/7 FCP during WoE, gg. Your guild deserves to lose to another guild with a GS. The power of any GS offensive skill will always be outpotted easily by any decently geared trans class.

It has no utility, whereas a Sniper's Detect, Disarm Trap, Trapping and more are either highly coveted or essential in WoE environment.

AND. A more vet GS will NOT > any vet trans class. Because a GS has an effective limit. Once you hit that limit, no matter how skilled you are, you cannot win against any other decent player with a trans class.

Get that into your thick skulls. I'm sorry if I sounded rude, but all that advantage/disadvantage s*** just doesn't apply to GSes. It's subpar, really.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

CookieEater

People, please stop the eternal bickering.
There's a simple fact and that is that Gunslingers do not suck. They have a couple of ways to deal serious damage (Desperado is easily around 25k (without reductions) and can go up to nearly 50k damage AoE (1-10 hits, 550% damage per hit... average of 2750% damage per cast), especially with support (Full Buster when used under Magic Strings makes you want to have that 'kill frenzy' sound from the GTA series).

There are a few issues with the class, yes. Firstly they have an absurd skill tree, secondly their HP mod is weird and thirdly they're far behind on gear (especially when it comes to elemental ammunition). These issues do not remove the fact that any player, who knows what he is doing, can kill Trans classes.

Now, you may not like the class. That's fine, I don't like Assasins and want them to vanish from the face of the Earth. You don't have to play a Gunslinger, and I don't have to play an Assasin.

EDIT: ...why isn't this in the Job Discussion section?

B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Dean Stark

GS don't suck, it's just that they just don't match up to trans classes even when fully geared. especially trans that only need one button to spam. plus they can't equip wools/tidals. but i still like the class

both of my main chars are SinX and GS :P

Hutchy

No single class sucks. It depends on how well you play them (and that statement includes what gears you hunt for your char, your build, your strategies, everything). It is entirely dependent on YOU to make your char worth playing.

Rudolph Zyaber

Quote from: Hutchy on Oct 21, 2008, 09:06 AM
No single class sucks. It depends on how well you play them (and that statement includes what gears you hunt for your char, your build, your strategies, everything). It is entirely dependent on YOU to make your char worth playing.

completely bullcrap statement when considering the HP/SP modifiers on GS as well as their lack of a shield based item and the amount of range resistance based items in the game makes them competitivly null on most servers.

Horn card = 35%
2x Alligator card = 10%
Yellow Bandana = 10%
Long Mace = 10% if aco class
Noxious card = 10%range/10%neutral
65/75% total ranged resist, not including w/e custom crap you have on your servers giving more ranged resistance.  Any decent player would also be able to swap thara and horn using BM.

I'd have to say that GS just don't cut it unless seriously amped up to meet sniper standards.
Bleh

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

fluidin

Gawd, you guys just don't want to acknowledge it, eh? GSes ARE subpar.

If a skilled player uses a novice, he can probably kill a noob with a trans class too. That does not mean that novices aren't subpar, is meant for PvP, is great at killing and surviving.

Desperado 50k damage, and Full Buster killing spree my foot. Really. Either your opponents have a negative IQ or they are really, really undergeared. Like wearing Tuxedo to WoE. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but still.

And can you guys stop with the "No class sucks, it's up to you to play it well"? It doesn't make you look any more intelligent, clever, whatever. GS is subpar, it's the truth, in a purely -trans classes outclasses it in all areas- sense. Someone might kill trans classes with a GS, but does that mean it isn't subpar? NO! It just means that the player is skilled. A 110% effort from the player, while being fully disadvantaged using a subpar class.

Zyaber is right. Completely bullcrap indeed. And even if you guys have epic gear, you do understand that heaping those gear on a trans class is much, much more wise and effective?
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Hutchy

Quote from: Rudolph Zyaber on Oct 21, 2008, 09:31 AM
Quote from: Hutchy on Oct 21, 2008, 09:06 AM

completely bullcrap statement when considering the HP/SP modifiers on GS as well as their lack of a shield based item and the amount of range resistance based items in the game makes them competitivly null on most servers.

Horn card = 35%
2x Alligator card = 10%
Yellow Bandana = 10%
Long Mace = 10% if aco class
Noxious card = 10%range/10%neutral
65/75% total ranged resist, not including w/e custom crap you have on your servers giving more ranged resistance.  Any decent player would also be able to swap thara and horn using BM.

I'd have to say that GS just don't cut it unless seriously amped up to meet sniper standards.

Cry more please.

Yes I understand that there are other classes that are BETTER. But that doesn't mean OMG GUNSLINGERS SUCK FACE AND SHOULD NEVER BE PLAYED OMGZ. If you want a challenge, then try to make yours good, is what I'm saying.

But I forgot, apparently I'm a dumb b**** who knows nothing about this game, so I'll just step out of this thread. :>

Dean Stark

please... no flaming... to get things right:

GS can never beat trans class - CHECK
GS can never have great gears like trans - CHECK
GS can never have the capabitiltes of a Sniper - CHECK
GS rarely, if possible, WoE - CHECK
GS, based on your opinions, "haha worst class evar! LOLOLOL" - CHECK

but why should RO only be limited to elitists? hmm? do you wana see a server only w/ leet woe-type classes and autotrading merchies? if you do, then GOD i don't wana be on that server! GS are not leet clases and they could possibly be the worst for all i care. buy why do ppl play them? cause they want a new approach on things. having fun is just as important in ro. having a server that's 30% sinx's, 30% snipers, 30% champs/creators, 9.9% whatever and 0.1%-0% GS is what you guys wana see? RO was meant to be fun and enjoyed not some strict "for WOE/PVP only" game sheesh!

sorry bout my rant. but it's just that nowadays RO's just left w/ ppl who think that they are too leet that they will never appreaciate the other features of the game and only stick to the common (yawn)leet gears/classes...

i play GS for fun, not cause "WOOOO!!! I WANA PWN SOME PRO SINX/CHAMP/SNIPER/trans whatever!"

fluidin

FINALLY!! That's the point I've been trying to make across. Good thing there are still people with some sense in here.

Yes! GSes are NOT meant for WoE/PvP, unlike what some people have said in the previous pages. GSes, you are meant to have fun with! In fact, I like the idea of a GS too, it's cool to be shooting things with your arsenal of firearms.

BTW, you guys will notice that I never said GSes suck as a whole class, only in PvP/WoE, and should never be played in the game. I only keep stressing that GSes are subpar to trans classes.

Anyway, even in an elitist server filled with WoE classes only, you won't find such a heavy imbalance of jobs... There'll still be more or less an almost equal ratio across all 13 trans classes. That is, if they really are elitists and not some "I R T3h skilledz sinxx".

EDIT: If only you guys had admitted from the start that GS is some sort of gimmick class and not meant for serious PvP/WoE this argument would never have happened. However there were people trying to defend a GS's killing power and survivability against other players. For god's sake, man, even if it's your favorite class you still have to face the truth.

laoganma

never, never say a specific job sucks because some elitists with 10 years RO experience will always try to proof how good it is and how suck you are.
Quote from: LaoganmaLover
Lao, you are so cool!!! i beg you, please take all my zennies!!

Lao!! i wish i could give you +1 every second!! *cries*

omg Lao, your posts are awesome, ignore those internet bullies.

fluidin

Quote from: laoganma on Oct 21, 2008, 09:26 PM
never, never say a specific job sucks because some elitists with 10 years RO experience will always try to proof how good it is and how suck you are.

I lol'd?

Rudolph Zyaber

@hutchy   By all means post more childish pictures and put more words in my mouth.  It makes your argument (or lack of one) that much more convincing.  I never flamed you so try and show some common courtesy here.  Gs's on my last server MVP and to some extent PVP quite well but only with heavy customization.  They still get stopped hard by the gears I mentioned.
Bleh