GUNSLINGER SUCKS read more

Started by Honorbydeath, Nov 01, 2006, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honorbydeath

ok recently ive seen how bad they are compared too all class even sniper uscks and a hp on HIGH RATE so i recently added human mobs and **** so i made a human card for gs to give all its skills lvl 20 so that they could acutaly be good and i may add a lvl 25 ds for the sniper since evne a lvl 50 fa ********

Aqua

*Smacks.* "Bad dog. Just cause you suck with a class, doesn't mean that the class sucks. Further more, just by 'reading' what you 'typed', I can already tell you made a very stupid mistake."

Bass

I'm almost positive that a Gunslinger with duel Pistols and an Awakening Pot can get 190 Atkspd. A Gunslinger with a Metaling Garrison, or even a Whitesmith Garrison, can lock most enemies (monster or players) through sheer attack speed, as well as strip an opponent's weapon, or break their armor/weapon (depending on the card). And with a two slotted Garrison, that leaves you a second slot to put whatever you'd like in (two of the same cards to increase the chance?) That sounds pretty good to me.

Snipers. I just saw two Snipers today arguing over damage. They can Double Strafe each other for roughly 5000 damage. That's a considerable amount, and though its not Assassin Cross damage, it's spammable with range with easy element swapping. My level 80 Sniper deals 6850 damage on enemies with Falcon Assault, and thats without buffs or good equipment. Could you imagine what a Bazerald and some other good Int boosting cards would do? Mind you, this is all defense negating damage too. The only way to reduce FA damage is to be resistant to Neutral attacks (ala Ghostring, Raydric, Harpy, etc.), and those typically aren't in the hands of every player.

llxwarbirdxll

Yeah Gunslingers suck...
The disarm skill is okay, but still... meh...

laecertus

HE S IN HR AND IN HR ALL OF THE RANGED SKILLS SUCK

ClothoX

personally...gunslingers are not that strong, and quite difficult to lvl on a low rate mind you.  Is hard to say if Sniper is stronger or gunslinger... ??? They are a tough class mainly cuz of their HP factor.  (If you ask me why hp is the most critical element in battle you should be shot)

but snipers got nerfed, a classicial typical example is

assasin < hunter

assasin cross > sniper

i have personally seen a sniper with 99 vit right out pawned a SD sinx by spamming the trap land mine and using falcon assults.  (although i thought that sinx was kinda noob)

llxwarbirdxll

And another thing that I should point out...
Gunslingers can only go up to their first branch.
They dont have a second branch like the taekwon tree,
so their hp is pretty much useless...
It's just like super novices. =/

itswilliam

Gunslingers, along with the other extended classes, are meant to overachieve ONLY the first classes.
So gunslingers should be able to defeat an archer, and hold up it's own against a sniper/hunter decently.
Taekwon can probably takedown a swordsman + merchant and be able to fight fairly against a a knight/crusader/blacksmith.
Ninja can kill a thief or mage easily, and fight against an assassin/rogue or a wizard/sage.
Extended classes were never meant to be as good as the originals.
So keep that in mind.
AnimaRO
Kaien - Stalker

Loki FortunaRO

My players never really had any complaints about Gunslingers, but then again we don't really care about skills and fighting and all that.

Anyway, it's probably all a matter of perspective.  Isn't gunslinger still in experimental stages, anyway?

Caprion

I don't really like Gunslingers as far as skills go...

But their concept and appearance are awesome!  Isn't that was really matters?  ;D

Vorashnik

I've seen gunslingers in action. Bass is pretty much spot on. I've seen a Gunslinger with a gatling deliver pwnage faster than agi/str/dex build blacksmith with full smith-buffs and berserk pot. And the gunslingers can do it at range whereas said smith needs to get right at melee before he can clobber mobs. It's just a matter of figuring out what works for your character.

If you own a private server with gunslingers and don't like their "cruddiness", a good fix is just give it 30-50 more job levels so it can stand more of a chance against trans.

itswilliam

Shotgun Frenzy > Double Strafe/ANYOTHERLONGRANGESKILLOUTTHERE.
AnimaRO
Kaien - Stalker

Minkyu

*Hit Very Hard*You are a baddog! gunslingers dont suck or csuk as YOU ::) call them

Kurogasa

Quote from: itswilliam on Jan 21, 2007, 08:55 PM
Gunslingers, along with the other extended classes, are meant to overachieve ONLY the first classes.
So gunslingers should be able to defeat an archer, and hold up it's own against a sniper/hunter decently.
Taekwon can probably takedown a swordsman + merchant and be able to fight fairly against a a knight/crusader/blacksmith.
Ninja can kill a thief or mage easily, and fight against an assassin/rogue or a wizard/sage.
Extended classes were never meant to be as good as the originals.
So keep that in mind.

This is only true for below average players. Consider every char i mention after this high lvl(85-99) with decent to great gear.

A star glad is one of the best emp breakers(id call it third after edp sinxs and zerk lordknights). It can do very good pvp damage points and ive taken out good players using advanced classes quite consistantly(and mind you i dont play on high rates or over 99 stat/lvl so this is legitamate type servers im talking). They do have trouble against certain classes but all classes do.

Taekwon ranker has enough hp to tank just about anything and can be very helpfull in woe by breaking the precast using that tanking ability(20k+ hp.. yes please), good aspd and the High jump skill(can get around the castles faster than anyone by jumping onto the snipeing points). For pvp they arent quite as good but with good gears they can beat some advanced classes.

Soul linker is not meant to pvp but they can raise their teams power so much that it doesnt matter. Great class to have around especially if its built for woe(mid int 100 vit mid-high dex no attack skill). And if you pair it with another soul linker the opposing guilds may as well not even precast.

Ninja.. magic is broken just in case you didnt know. Ice bolt is doing 100% matk per bolt instead of 70% like its supposed to. Its broken like this on officials to but it will be a while before its fixed. Their bolt skills have NO aftercast unlike mage ones. Fire formation is a great slowdown technique for woe as is Hidden water(use this in a precast.. only tk classes should get by if everyone concentrates. The 3rd tier wind skill goes OVER magnetic earth and has NO CAST TIME.. not to mention its a WIND skill.. This makes your precast MUCH MUCH stronger due to the wind skill breaking the sg freeze as well as killing/slowing down enemys if they manage to drop magnet earth. The third tier fire skill does great damage and is extremely nasty with a strings bard.

Gunslinger. Gattling for locking, statusing and emp breaking is good but its a very fragile build. Shotgun can afford to get a good amount of vit, do very respectable ranged damage, has a huge radius atk for the times where its usefull(11x11) and can use grenade launcher to set seriously damageing traps which also status. BTW try full buster with a strings bard, blue pots and a proper weapon and build. ;D

These classes werent meant to be worse or better than originals, they are like any class in that they have shortcomings and advantages. They each can do things that no other class can do.
The only way to reduce FA damage is to be resistant to Neutral attacks (ala Ghostring, Raydric, Harpy, etc.), and those typically aren't in the hands of every player.

Thara and poo/berret/etc also lower FA damage. Not for sure if alligator cards and long mace do as well.

ClothoX

wow, *claps for all the effort*  ;)

but on my server, recently, i noticed Ninja to be strongly overpowering.  With no delays to their cast, they are almost owning every class.  It seems, their skills are much more rounded than the skills of a mage class.

TK in my mind is just a extremely fun class, you really kinda have to be a ranker to be any good.

Soul linkers in itself is a very good PvM class. Their soul link is extremely deadly, especially if you have 2 soul linker in your guild. Heck, with those links, even my holy light can pawn! And what about sonic blow? as if edp and sonic blow aren't strong enough already!

Gunslinger and Star gladiator seems to be the two class that does not stand out as much as Ninja or Soul linker.  But they are your average type of classes, not overpowered nor underpowered.  I think these new add-ons are quite nice to RO.

PS: anyone thinks male ninja is like orochimaru?  :P