GUNSLINGER SUCKS read more

Started by Honorbydeath, Nov 01, 2006, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane3x

if you knew how to play a gunslinger you wouldnt say they suck. jesus just get a butcher or destoryer then use gatling fever and you can be attacking at the fastest possible speed (depending on gears & server aspd cap)

splash damage skill and a shotty can own large areas of monsters/people and spamming bullet shower with lots of dex and luk can own aswell.

Vet Person (GS) > non vet other class.
In Memory of AnimaRO...

May it's legacy live on in AnthemRO!

Starburst

First, Snipers suck on HR because HRs have very few people with any actual skill. A friend of mine had a Sniper on XileRO that utterly owned everything, because they require skill, unlike your typical HR ringers(Asura Champs, EDP Assassins, Divest Stalkers, etc).

Itswilliam was right. YES there are certain ways the extended classes can be useful and strong, but they are not meant to have the potential of a trans class at all, and are arguably as strong as a second class. You can take a weak class and be strong with it if you know what you're doing, just like people who make perma second classes and own trans people, perma Thieves and kill off Assassins. It happens, but the average extended class is not as strong as the average second class, and isn't comparable to a trans.

The strength of the Gunslinger is its range of skills. They have large AoE skills, they have fast spamming single target skills, they have slow but powerful skills, they have a damaging skill for every situation. Sadly, their fast spamming skills aren't as good as DS, their aoes are crap compared to Wizard spells, Desperado is nothing compared to Grand Cross and Meteor Assault, and Full Buster ain't got nothing on Falcon Assault and Arrow Vulcan.

The Ninja has something of the same. They have stealth abilities above most classes, but a Stalker or Assassin(Cross) is much better. They have strong magic skills, but they're nothing compared to a High Wizard's. And etc.

The extended classes are here for an entertainment for people who have done it all. They have their place in WoE, but aren't meant to be as strong as a trans class. They CAN be as strong as a trans class, but it's rarely the case, and it's unfair to compare them to trans and call them weak.

llxwarbirdxll

Quote from: ClothoX on Feb 12, 2007, 11:44 AMbut on my server, recently, i noticed Ninja to be strongly overpowering.  With no delays to their cast, they are almost owning every class.  It seems, their skills are much more rounded than the skills of a mage class.
Same applies to the server that I play on. Several people complain about Ninjas
because of their strong, pounding magical attacks and their Cicada Skin Shedding/Illusionary Shadow skills.
And theres also the fact that Cicada Skin Shedding blocks against Asura Strike and other strong physical skills.
Fortunately, Ninjas have very few options when faced by Snipers.

Kurogasa

Well its mostly because Eathena is emulating the bug on kro/iro where freezeing spear is doing 100% matk instead of 70% like its supposed to. Add in the fact that lvl 1 fs casts very fast and hits 3 times.. 300%matk for low sp and very spamable. Cicada can be used against a ninja that relys on it too much.. Bushin is alot better althought cicada has its place as well. Flip tatami turns your square into penuma for 3 seconds(no ranged damage) but has a 3 second delay... basicly meaning it can slow down the pace of a ranged battle for you but youd have to hide as soon as its turns off and jump away(or possibly shadow slash if youre mele) otherwise it just prolongs the inevidable. A good ninja can beat a sniper at times though.. just gotta outsmart him.

llxwarbirdxll

Quote from: Kurogasa on Feb 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well its mostly because Eathena is emulating the bug on kro/iro where freezeing spear is doing 100% matk instead of 70% like its supposed to. Add in the fact that lvl 1 fs casts very fast and hits 3 times.. 300%matk for low sp and very spamable. Cicada can be used against a ninja that relys on it too much.. Bushin is alot better althought cicada has its place as well. Flip tatami turns your square into penuma for 3 seconds(no ranged damage) but has a 3 second delay... basicly meaning it can slow down the pace of a ranged battle for you but youd have to hide as soon as its turns off and jump away(or possibly shadow slash if youre mele) otherwise it just prolongs the inevidable. A good ninja can beat a sniper at times though.. just gotta outsmart him.
It doesnt matter if Freezing Spear does 100% instead of 70%,
the fact is that it's way TOO spammable and it can be abused.

ClothoX

I think I will make a ninja and try things out >_> can't know its weakness till you try it yourself. 

Kurogasa

90%(30x3) matk per cast doesnt matter? Then why do people use hydras at all.. thats only 80%. The thing is.. the way the skill is meant to work is: 70% matk per bolt normally and more when youre standing on the hidden water skill. Right now on kro its doing 100% matk reguardless of the land skill so basicly the land skill is also alot less usefull.

I think if everything was working properly its fine(on normal 99 lvl/stat servers). Sure its spamable but they have their weaknesses like any other class. Theyre just still in the "new class overpowered" complain period like what monk and whitesmith and a bunch of other classes have been through.

shane3x

Wasnt this spose to be a talk on why gunslingers suck (Which they dont)

*Rings up gravity

Shane: Hello, Id like to know why you havent made gunslingers better yet

Gravity: Gunslingers? you got the right game?

Shane:t his is gravity? creators of ragnarok online?

Gravity:yes, but what the hell is a gunslinger?

Shane: Its a class in ragnarok

Gravity: ummm, yeah sure, im sending a free pizza to your house, thanks for calling

Shane:how do you know where i live? WAIT, answer my question

Gravity: beep beep

Shane : your still on the line =_=
In Memory of AnimaRO...

May it's legacy live on in AnthemRO!

Sylence

Here is a proof that gunslingers don't suck

FacelessRed

extended classes don't work outside of the regular RO stat / level system. most of there skill's don't factor in the extra stat's and level bonus' etc. there HP formula also doesnt take into account the extra levels to be of any use whatsoever beyond 99. i used to try and play some of the extended classes on a high rate.. once u get over 100 make a real class. cant say anything about snipers, never played one.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

This thread now spans over two years.

Orange

Quote from: laecertus on Jan 03, 2007, 12:39 PM
HE S IN HR AND IN HR ALL OF THE NON SINX/CHAMP CLASSES SUCK

QFT.

When gunslingers first came out, i made one and fell in love i liked them more then snipers, even today they are around as good as snipers imo(Thats damn great, considering they dont have to reborn)

EDIT: Sylence, that is proof you play on a super high rate server, i can get a screenie of a novice doing 1mil dmg with 199 aspd, does that make them godly? No.
:3

fluidin

Quote from: shane3x on Feb 13, 2007, 11:08 PM
if you knew how to play a gunslinger you wouldnt say they suck. jesus just get a butcher or destoryer then use gatling fever and you can be attacking at the fastest possible speed (depending on gears & server aspd cap)

splash damage skill and a shotty can own large areas of monsters/people and spamming bullet shower with lots of dex and luk can own aswell.

Vet Person (GS) > non vet other class.

Hmm. The truth is, they suck. Woot! In 99/70s with no customs at least.

Vet Person (any trans class) > Vet Person (GS)

The truth, plain and simple. I hope it doesn't hurt.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Littlechan

but, how about this?

more vet person (GS)>vet person (any trans class)

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Hutchy

People who know how to play their classes are going to be better than anyone who doesn't, I think. Sure, one class can be another's weakness (like... Pokemon?! :O) but if the person who's supposed to have the advantage is unfamiliar with or doesn't know how to play that class, he's going to lose the upper hand.

Classes don't suck just because people can't play them well, though. Every class has its advantages and disadvantages. You just have to learn the ins and outs and all the little nuances by spending time on that character instead of expecting godliness to be handed to you.

But then again I come from a low rate, so feel free to disregard all of that.