Gunsligers

Started by Nightlinks, Mar 03, 2009, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightlinks

Hey everyone, Nightlinks here.

I play on the FeelRO server (50/50/25) and my main is a level 93/67 GS.
I can safely say that my guy can kick some butt and take some names and very easily hold his own against unstoppable odds. (High DEX, ASPD, Gatling, etc...)

However, it seems that the Gunslinger class is just generally looked down upon. Just today, I was looking for an abbey party, I spotted a room looking for a 89++ character. After joining, the party leader asked my job. I replied and the response was "Oh...." Then, "No.... sorry..."

I mean, really?

What's up with that?
The Whitesmith Extraordinaire

Dean Stark

Well compared trans classes GS's are quite subpar to them, if you take a look at their base HP, bonus job stats (+7 Luck?!?!?!?!) and overall performance, GS's aren't quite qualified for serious parties, let alone abbey parties. I also main a GS you know, but if you want a party type character, then pick something more appealing like Sniper. Ppl are so iffy about this extended jobs thing and yeah, it's so annoying. If you look at it from their side, GS's are more of a burden than an ally...

But pvp wise, they can do quite well when played properly. With the right equips and equip switching - a +10 Bloody Rose and a +8-10 Double Bloody Western Outlaw and a Cranial Valk Shield.

fluidin

Not this again?

TL;DR: The GS is subpar when in the hands of a skilled veteran as compared to Trans classes.

Meaning, no matter how skilled you are in owning other trans classes noobs, when faced with someone of equal skill using trans jobs, you'll get owned. Not only in terms of killing, mind. Usefulness too.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Dean Stark

Fine GS's and GS players suck. RO should only be played by elitists who WoE and whatever. Everyone should go and l2p and those who don't are noobs who don't even deserve a bit of respect. Happy now?

Cielte

Quote from: Dean Stark on Mar 04, 2009, 12:35 AM
Fine GS's an GS players suck. RO should only be played by elitists who WoE and whatever. Everyone should go and l2p. Happy now?

Wow, way to take something too far.
I do remember on an old 255/120 \ 255 high rate how Gunslingers were able to par well with trans. though.

fluidin

Quote from: Dean Stark on Mar 04, 2009, 12:35 AM
Fine GS's and GS players suck. RO should only be played by elitists who WoE and whatever. Everyone should go and l2p and those who don't are noobs who don't even deserve a bit of respect. Happy now?

Wrong. Firstly, GS'es don't suck. They are just sub-par to trans classes. GS players, whether they suck or not, is up to the player himself. RO can be played by anyone, it's a fun game. Just don't expect to be good at WoE/PvP if you aren't skilled.

Your last sentence does not make sense. As long as you try your best, you deserve at least some respect. If you have not made the effort to l2p, and yet still whine, of course you don't deserve respect.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Dean Stark

Honestly in most servers, GS players, whether good or not, don't get respect even if they earned it.

CookieEater

Gunslingers are hated because Gravity seriously neglects them. No [4]-slotted weapons, only a [3]-slotted Rifle (and who uses Rifles?), and they miss out on all the Trans-only gear (most important ones being the Tidal Shoes+Wool Scarf for +10% HP.

If they'd just get access to some better gear then the bad job bonusses/HP mods wouldn't be such an issue. I'm against [4]-slotted Handguns, though. A [2] slotted already makes for heavy Desperado fun, so [3]-slotted would suffice, in my opinion.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Because expanded classes sucked, suck, and always will suck.

Dean Stark

Much more if 3rd jobs come out... Oh well, that doesn't stop me from playing one seriously.

CookieEater

Quote from: Dean Stark on Mar 04, 2009, 05:05 AM
Much more if 3rd jobs come out...
Same goes for Super Novices/Teakwon Classes...
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

bleu

I think most players lack the understanding and appreciation of Extended classes. I think a GS could perform well in Cursed Abbey with silver bullets.

I am embarrassed to say that I may have acted like the Party Leader. My first party with a Soul Linker was a welcoming surprise. I was very hesitant to include him into the party, thinking he will be more of a "Leech" than any help at all - killing at Niffheilm. He proved me wrong and had a very unique built - melee Soul Linker with Dagger of Counter.

Don't give up. Just enlighten others about your true capabilities.

Loki

If you had DoTA sound effects in your server you could catch people's attention. An example;

Dean Stark just got a Triple Kill[3]
Dean Stark is on a killing spree[3]
[Gunslinger's] is OWNING[3]!

Enemy: I got pawned....
Enemy's friend: By whom?
Enemy: You saw his name...
Enemy's friend: I meant, what job?
Enemy: GS
Enemy's Friend: *orgasms*

So its a matter of popularity as well. In my server, Dancer/Minstrel could AV with 15k+ overall damage and it's spammable. Not long after that, people kept coming in with Dancer/Minstrel. I guess these extended classes just need more popularity.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Dean Stark

Too bad the whole popular newb friendly tactics is to go Edp/SB/Lnk and Asura.

And Loki... Could i quote that and make it my siggie?  :D

Littlechan

Quote from: Dean Stark on Mar 04, 2009, 08:23 AM
Too bad the whole popular newb friendly tactics is to go Edp/SB/Lnk and Asura.

And Loki... Could i quote that and make it my siggie?  :D

don't forget sacrifice =O

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]