first time playing RO need help build Gunslinger

Started by dokebi, Apr 19, 2009, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horo

I'd say don't start off as a gunslinger for your first class rather than make an absolutely worthless agi based build that can't do anything and won't ever get parties. Desperado GS are good DD in AL3 parties, and you can still use Full Blast in TV1 like >this. With such a build you'll do a sizeable amount of damage in WoE, too, whereas any agi build will die in seconds due to their horrible HP mod. While you probably can't read the text I encourage you to look at the pictures of euRO GS in >this thread, where you'll see nothing but dex/vit/int Desperado GS, without a single agi based one for a good reason.

Dean Stark

Quote from: ragnadiktus on Apr 25, 2009, 04:18 AM
For skills...I'd choose:

Coin flip 5
Last stand 1
GS panic 1
Increase Accuracy 1
Single action 10
Snake eyes 10
Disarm 5
Bullet shower 10
Desperado 10
Cracker 1
Crowd control 10
Full blast 10
Spread attack 5

Lessie now, the skills listed here sum up to 79 skill points, whereas a Gunslinger only has 69 points to mess with. Plus, I do not see any Chain Action on this list since lvl 3 is the prerequisite for Rapid/Bullet Shower.

LiteX

Quote from: horo on Apr 25, 2009, 08:19 AM
I'd say don't start off as a gunslinger for your first class rather than make an absolutely worthless agi based build that can't do anything and won't ever get parties. Desperado GS are good DD in AL3 parties, and you can still use Full Blast in TV1 like >this. With such a build you'll do a sizeable amount of damage in WoE, too, whereas any agi build will die in seconds due to their horrible HP mod. While you probably can't read the text I encourage you to look at the pictures of euRO GS in >this thread, where you'll see nothing but dex/vit/int Desperado GS, without a single agi based one for a good reason.

Can't see first link, but I have a pic about my build (Which is in a very-low quality screenie)

Maximize to see my stats and equipment
AGI/DEX/Crit GS builds are NOT weak builds as you guys mentioned, they can do ~1k Damage at 190 ASPD easly on Atroce(And other mobs) on a low-rate server (That was the test server w/ legit stats and equipment), GS have a crappy HP mod because they are made mainly for ranged, not leeroy-jenkins-ing up to the boss without any decent strategy and pot spamming (Hell, low-agi pistol users won't be able to carry shields nor evade, that means you are deadmeat), plus, Agi/Dex/Crit builds are cheaper than that one that you suggested because of pot spamming, the agi/dex and crit WILL require some sp-recovery items for buff though, and by your survival comment, GS cannot equip shields without de-equiping their guns, and to desperado you need to close range the target(Desp is about 7x7 area around you), and each transclass have a skill that can easy kill non-thara users easly at low range (Cart Termination, Spiral Pierce, Sonic Blow, Sacrificial Ritual, etc), But AGI builds can flinchlock a transcharacter into place, before saying about Madness Canceler and Gatling Fever's movespeed reductions, you will need a good tank, as an Expanded Range class sucks at tanking (A LK with alice and raydrik is a pretty good tank), but my point is, you will die alot by trying to kill a high-tier mobs due to their habit of spamming AoE attacks, while as an AGI/DEX/Crit build, you could easly stay in a safe area shooting a target monster without worrying about things like Storm Gust or Pulse Strike that the mob was intended to use at the target, most mobs nowadays are big and hard to put down exp givers so desperado won't be as much as good as Agi/Dex/Luk build in endgame, and about your parties thing, usually some people avoid calling expanded classes for their MvP parties, anyway, the choice is the topic creator's, those screenies on rocards are mainly about PvM mobbing, no MvPing so far, Full Blaster is still a good choice but it has a very nasty after-cast delay and a 65 SP cost at maximum level, taking out that the 23k in kasa was a lexed hit(proberly) and the dancers "A service for you" was used to cover it's SP flaw, anyway, this is just my opinion, shun other builds just because your build is "the best" and you think it's flaws are minimum, but I prefer to use GS as a Archer/Hunter/Sniper type. Eveen though most people on euRO think that desp is the best,
ライテ‐エクス

horo

Alright you've clearly never played WoE on a server with skilled players or a serious population.

So you can do 1k damage a shot versus atroce, that'll get outdamaged by anyone, but there's probably no competition on the servers you have played so far.
So you'll be hitlocking a single character in WoE doing no damage, that should work great for the 2 seconds before a Gypsy screams and you'll spend 90% of the very short time that you'll stay alive with no vit stunned.
You clearly underestimate that Desperado is one of, if not the strongest AoE skill in the game. >Here< are some videos to correct your view. Furthermore you can search for Gunslinger WoE on youtube, where you'll find nothing but Vit Desperado builds (ignore the p server crap obviously)

The only expanded class that's avoided for parties is Ninja, every other is very popular on official servers both for PvM and WoE. There's a screen somewhere of a level 6x or so Gunslinger MVP'ing Dracula etc., and many more since on euRO there's currently a MVP arena event, but hopefully you won't be stubborn about this and maybe read up on official server forums and smarten up :( It's not that 'most people on euRO think that Desperado is best', it's something not a single experienced player would deny.

Sarin

And you clearly never read the topic before starting to insult people. First post clearly stated it's PvM build he's looking for.
1k damage/hit with 190 aspd is not bad for single char, but apparently you didn't realize we're really talking about single char, not "single char with three supports behind his donkey".

LiteX

Quote from: horo on Apr 25, 2009, 12:13 PM
Alright you've clearly never played WoE on a server with skilled players or a serious population.

So you can do 1k damage a shot versus atroce, that'll get outdamaged by anyone, but there's probably no competition on the servers you have played so far.
So you'll be hitlocking a single character in WoE doing no damage, that should work great for the 2 seconds before a Gypsy screams and you'll spend 90% of the very short time that you'll stay alive with no vit stunned.
You clearly underestimate that Desperado is one of, if not the strongest AoE skill in the game. >Here< are some videos to correct your view. Furthermore you can search for Gunslinger WoE on youtube, where you'll find nothing but Vit Desperado builds (ignore the p server crap obviously)

The only expanded class that's avoided for parties is Ninja, every other is very popular on official servers both for PvM and WoE. There's a screen somewhere of a level 6x or so Gunslinger MVP'ing Dracula etc., and many more since on euRO there's currently a MVP arena event, but hopefully you won't be stubborn about this and maybe read up on official server forums and smarten up :( It's not that 'most people on euRO think that Desperado is best', it's something not a single experienced player would deny.

Chill out, I was just voiceing my opinion, and I have played WoE before, things is, nowadays so many servers are sprouting up 24/7 that it is impossible to find servers with a good quantity of players and without overpowered donators (I used to play qRO LR until it died), so lately i have only been going on small WoEs, not to mention I took 2 halfyear breaks, I do agree that desperado is a good skill, still, It's been some time since I have seen a good WoE, and some of the lasts servers had alot of "elitism" towards GS and Ninja, so i have been kind of rusted on their abilities, I will try some stuff and test their real potential on the test server when I have time, anyway, isn't the MvP arena event majorly screwing up euRO's economy right now? (I heard that just these last days about 9 MVP cards appeared on Odin)

Anyway, I was just defending my opinion of "Gatling Gun is not crap" from ragnadiktus

PS: Sarin, I did not insult anybody, who were you pointing at?
ライテ‐エクス

horo

I apologize for sounding overly aggressive :< No harm meant!

Yea, the event has been running for a week now and it had an instant spawn valk. Since their player skill level and organization is very impressive, it was killed dozens of times per hour resulting in hundreds, if not over a thousand valk armors, which players were waiting for for months previously (they were worth about 90-100m before).

Also lots of MVP cards even despite their low droprate... I think they're up to 20+ right now. The euRo GM tried to defend the event at first, but now they changed some spawntimes and took out GTB card from the arena GTB etc. They're a bit hush hush about the changes exactly. Lots of great cards like Amon Ra dropped. Haitii card is currently being auctioned and should sell for around 2b at least.

While not everyone will agree, I definitely think the big guilds profit from this the most and it's certainly throwing the economy out of balance by widening the gap between rich and poor even more, while simultaneously making MVP seem less of a challenge or special, which is a shame considering there aren't many challenges left in the game to begin with.

ragnadiktus

???

Never said anything about healers...

And..I only said what's on my mind...XD

fluidin

I would still prefer MA-ing SinXs instead of Desperado spammers :X
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

ragnadiktus

Quote from: Dean Stark on Apr 25, 2009, 08:49 AM
Quote from: ragnadiktus on Apr 25, 2009, 04:18 AM
For skills...I'd choose:

Coin flip 5
Last stand 1
GS panic 1
Increase Accuracy 1
Single action 10
Snake eyes 10
Disarm 5
Bullet shower 10
Desperado 10
Cracker 1
Crowd control 10
Full blast 10
Spread attack 5

Lessie now, the skills listed here sum up to 79 skill points, whereas a Gunslinger only has 69 points to mess with. Plus, I do not see any Chain Action on this list since lvl 3 is the prerequisite for Rapid/Bullet Shower.

Oh....sorry...dang...I read from iRO so I never saw any prerequisites...and sorry I lost count....st00pid me...XD

LiteX

Quote from: horo on Apr 25, 2009, 01:29 PM
I apologize for sounding overly aggressive :< No harm meant!

Yea, the event has been running for a week now and it had an instant spawn valk. Since their player skill level and organization is very impressive, it was killed dozens of times per hour resulting in hundreds, if not over a thousand valk armors, which players were waiting for for months previously (they were worth about 90-100m before).

Also lots of MVP cards even despite their low droprate... I think they're up to 20+ right now. The euRo GM tried to defend the event at first, but now they changed some spawntimes and took out GTB card from the arena GTB etc. They're a bit hush hush about the changes exactly. Lots of great cards like Amon Ra dropped. Haitii card is currently being auctioned and should sell for around 2b at least.

While not everyone will agree, I definitely think the big guilds profit from this the most and it's certainly throwing the economy out of balance by widening the gap between rich and poor even more, while simultaneously making MVP seem less of a challenge or special, which is a shame considering there aren't many challenges left in the game to begin with.

Wow, atleast the GMs are trying to do something about it

And now that i have done some testing, I agree, choose a VIT+DEX+INT Desperado build, Desperado can do over 10k on monsters w/ elemental advantage, thats a lot more than an agi/dex build one
ライテ‐エクス