Making a "feel" Star Gladiator as a complete newbie: equips, lvling, stats, feel

Started by Leamee, Mar 14, 2011, 08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leamee

Hey guys,

All the questions are in the title. I plan to kill ghost morroc inca and thor mobs mainly, but which mobs could I do?
Are there other profitable monsters that I could pick?

mahawirasd

9x base str so you get to the next /10 with your job bonus and equips
7x base dex to get the next /5 with your job bonus and equips
rest goes to vit
(some people like INT but personally i find that somewhat wasteful)

basic gears:
+7 magni's cap
angel wing ears
odin's blessing of paladin (for atk, but you're free to change it to whatever you like, though porcellio is not advisable because we want to stack def)
+7 alice stone buckler
any lower gear that could give atk or resistance or whatever
+10 triple decussate(strouf) or triple cat official book[3] or better yet any of the elemental book[3]s
+7 raydric manteau or at least a vali's manteau
+7 shackles
bloodied shackle ball
mantis ring or hit gauntlet or meginjard or safety ring

in the server that i play there's an upper-mid-lower headgear that gives 1 sp per hit, so i use it because eventhough the def is lower compared to the magni's combo it means that i only need to refill 1 sp instead of 2 per heat tick.

basically just guzzle sp pots and bring some green pots and tons of fly wings.

-w-

Leamee

Thanks a lot, your advice are always very useful and I appreciate that. I'll make a feel SG once I'm done dropping cards (AK etc). I wonder how many powerful monsters I'll be able to kill with it, I guess it's quite a nice char to kill incas, thor and MVP. Thanks again!

Triper

Odin's blessing from skeggs are a good way to make zenny with a SG aside Thors leechs and dimensional gorge gear hunt.
Valks with a priest too.

Leamee

Oh yeah, I forgot skeggs. Odin's blessings are real cheap here though, but I do need one. I also need a diablos manteau but with my luck and the rates (1% drop on the valk inca, took me 6+ hours to get 3 diablos rings at 1.75%) it's going to take some time before I get my hands on one.
What stuff/stats would you recommend for thor and dimensional gorge? The remaining incas are still extremely dangerous, especially the black one as he sometimes deals 25K+ without warning.
I've never used books as weapons before and I'm curious. I sold all the books I got from EDs but that was a long time ago, and I can always drop some more.

Triper

Thors depends on the server since some have reflect from kasas at 10, others at 1 and others only activates at 10% of their lives[yes, only kill kasas =P]. So sometimes is easy, sometimes is hard because every single hit gives you dmg and you've to pot a lot.
Dimensional gorge depends on the gear available, ghosts are piece of cake there with a SG, just get Kaahi[SL skill] and some sp pots and you can eat 5 ghosts at a time with np and even more if you've a good def. As soon as they enter on the "I spam heal mode" they're dead.
Golem things are easy too if you've the necessary hit just don't mob a lot since they hit hard and don't have a stupid mode after sometime and sometimes you can't predict the magnum break and end on being dead.
Valks are doable too but you will have some hard time at the begin since they can curse you, dispell and dark gc[this is easy to ignore, just equip bathory when they start the slow cast] and you can't really mob them since pulse strike hurts.
Humans are a pain without a phreeoni so probably you will end on ignoring them.
Gears for thors and DG are almost the same you just need is a bathory as an extra armor to swap vs Dark GC and the eat hp/sp skill from some monsters.
Just aim for high str and high def since you're also the damage dealer and tanker, the ones suggested by mahawirasd are nice, probably at later stages you may want to try to get a rideword hat[if they have it on your server] and a phree+dracula card for a elemental book to kill sp pot use.

Shadowfax

Can someone give further detail to this question? I want to try Star Gladiator for the first time, basically to hunt Diablos Manteau and Ring in Dimensional Gorge. What skill do I use and what method? Thanks!

Triper

Quote from: Shadowfax on Jul 20, 2011, 12:12 AM
Can someone give further detail to this question? I want to try Star Gladiator for the first time, basically to hunt Diablos Manteau and Ring in Dimensional Gorge. What skill do I use and what method? Thanks!
I won't advice you to jump right into manteaus with it, you can do only 1 valk at a time and takes some time to kill them.
Ghosts are easy as said on posts above. Gears are there too as build:
Quote from: mahawirasd on Mar 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
9x base str so you get to the next /10 with your job bonus and equips
7x base dex to get the next /5 with your job bonus and equips
rest goes to vit
(some people like INT but personally i find that somewhat wasteful)

basic gears:
+7 magni's cap
angel wing ears
odin's blessing of paladin (for atk, but you're free to change it to whatever you like, though porcellio is not advisable because we want to stack def)bathory
+7 alice stone buckler
any lower gear that could give atk or resistance or whatever
+10 triple decussate(strouf) or triple cat official book[3] or better yet 2 abysmal knight/1 civil servent[exchange for a third abysmal knight if you want to try valks too and have a general book] or 3 skeleton worker for cheap[3 minos if you want to try valks] any of the elemental books[3]
+7 raydric manteau or at least a vali's manteau
+7 shackles
bloodied shackle ball
mantis ring or hit gauntlet or meginjard or safety ring
Only made two minor changes changes, others are fine as they're for what you want.
If you see the hit needed for valks is too high, get a howard/mummy card and maybe a cursed hand with mantis.

How to do? Set DG as the map for all the 3 map buffs if you want to be there a lot of time.
Get Kahii from a friend Sl[yes, marry one for it lol], if possible autotrade/get some afk friends dead at the entrace of the map but in the party for more dmg power[fighting chant skill!].
Set ghost as medium size monster of hatred target[lv2 of it] and large for valks and run to the hills for the loot while you burn blue pots burn when sp is getting low with warmth on with the correspondent element on.

After sometime there you will see that there are lots of ways to improve this build but that's up2u to find and discover and investigate a bit because it depends a lot on the user style/items available.