Server help

Started by Kenngarr, Sep 12, 2007, 06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenngarr

I've posted this problem on the eAthena forums, and I've gotten no answer. I am hoping someone will be able to get the answer to my difficult question.

Alright, here is my problem. I've obviously been trying to get a RO private server up and running, and I almost have it too. When I run the map-server.exe file, it loads everything just fine, but when it trys to the Char Server (which I have running also), it says over and over,

"connection failed (socket 4, code 118)!"

Then, the char server does the same thing when trying to connect to the login-server, that I also have running. I've gone to my cable router settings, and forwarded all the ports the walkthroughs told me to forward. I've also checked that the programs were allowed through the firewall on all the security programs I have.

What do I do?

(Please note that I am using the txt file based for testing and modification, before I switch to the sql server style.)
"Eat a cracker, drink some wine... Its Jesus, damn it!"

bentheexo

your ips are either wrong or your ports arent forwarded correctly

Kenngarr

The default is set to 127.0.0.1, but when the server is trying to connect, its says its trying to connect to:

0.1.0.4:6121

6121 being the port I opened. Now, may be just me, but shouldn't it read like... 127.0.0.1:6121, if I don't change the default ip setting?
"Eat a cracker, drink some wine... Its Jesus, damn it!"