Separating Used Sound Effects?

Started by Your_Face, Sep 10, 2018, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your_Face

Parrying, Guard, Kyrie Eleison, and Platinum Alter's "blocked attack" sound effect all use the same file from what I can tell, that bell-ringing one (kyrie_guard.wav). Is there any way to change them so that they use different sound effects?

Terpsichore

You can replace kyrie_guard.wav with a silent sound file (and make a replica of the original to be used for KE), then add your own files or use some of the existing ones by adding sound effect calls to the triggers of those effects in battle.c/cpp. Alternatively you can also remove all their existing special effects/skill animation calls, and replace them with whatever you want.

Zereges

Quote from: Terpsichore on Sep 15, 2018, 06:54 AM
You can replace kyrie_guard.wav with a silent sound file (and make a replica of the original to be used for KE), then add your own files or use some of the existing ones by adding sound effect calls to the triggers of those effects in battle.c/cpp. Alternatively you can also remove all their existing special effects/skill animation calls, and replace them with whatever you want.
I believe that OP asked how to do this on client (only) side.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Your_Face

Quote from: Terpsichore on Sep 15, 2018, 06:54 AM

Quote from: Zereges on Sep 16, 2018, 12:04 PM
I believe that OP asked how to do this on client (only) side.

Yes, sorry, I should have clarified that I was trying to do this on the client side; I'm still pretty new to this. Is it even possible that way?

And on a side note, I can't even find battle.c/cpp anywhere...

Zereges

Quote from: Your_Face on Sep 19, 2018, 03:47 PM
Yes, sorry, I should have clarified that I was trying to do this on the client side; I'm still pretty new to this. Is it even possible that way?
I don't think there is an easy way unless you are client hex magician.

Quote from: Your_Face on Sep 19, 2018, 03:47 PM
And on a side note, I can't even find battle.c/cpp anywhere...
Because this is server side (source code of emulator such as rathena or hercules)
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange