Put custom sprites in Ragnarok SERVER

Started by gamehiyuu, Nov 26, 2007, 11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamehiyuu

Guys(and girls if there are any) help me i nid help with putting my custom sprites. I download custom sprites and idk wat to do. I read some guides and it still doesnt work can somebody give me a guide or a vidguide plssssssssss wat am i suppose to do with the item db stuffs and wer do i put those sprite and act files. PLS GIVE ME A NEWBIE GUIDE. TY IN ADVANCE

MrrgleCaek

Whoa whoa whoa...slow down....o_O

Perhaps beforehand you shoulda checked these forums http://eathena.ws/board/

To add custom items into a server first of all you need to add the item you want into the item_db2 I say...start with the item IDs starting at 18000
so...in the item_db2 for a headger item I'm assuming you go...: 18200,sprite name(name of the spr and act file), item name, item type( put in 5 for headgear),cost of item(optional),selling price of item,item weight,,def,,slot,job ( 0xFFFFFFFF for every job would be a good start),upper( 7 for all class types to use the item), gender (2 for both genders to wear the item), Location( 256 for top headgear, 512 for mid-gear, 1 for bottom gear),,level required to equip the item,refineable (1 for yes, 0 for no), ViewID,{ OnEquip script }
So...in short the script for the item would look something like this:
18200,(sprite name here),(item name here),5,,10,100,,4,,4,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,1,,1,1,400,{},{},{}
so the script above shows that the item's ID is 18200, is a headgear, sells at 10z, item weight is 10, gives +4 def, has 4 slots on the item, both genders can eqiup it, and it's view ID is 400 (you'll need that for later).

Now that the item is scripted for your server go into your data folder and put the custom sprites into these directories:

data\sprite\¾Ç¼¼»ç¸®\¿© (for females)
data\sprite\¾Ç¼¼»ç¸®\³² (for males)
data\sprite\¾ÆÀÌÃ...Û (for the item drop sprite)

Next you need to add the description picture and item picture:

data\texture\À¯ÀúÀÎÃ...ÍÆäÀ̽º\collection (for the item picture, must be a bmp of dimensions 75x100)
data\texture\À¯ÀúÀÎÃ...ÍÆäÀ̽º\item (for the item picture in the inventory, must also be a bmp of dimensions 24x24)

Now for the last step...adding the description, ingame name, and viewID into the data folder:

idnum2itemresnametable and num2itemresnametable. Add this into these files: 18200#(item sprite name here)#

visionary_tab and clarity_tab. Add to these files:
!400
_(Item sprite name here)

idnum2itemdisplaynametable and num2itemdisplaynametable. Add to these files: 18200#(item name here)#

and finally idnum2itemdesctable and num2itemdesctable. Add to these files:

18200#
Item description can be anything you want here.
#

....and that should be all there is to succesfully put in a custom item on a server (unless I forgot to add something I should've on this guide =X).
Eh, I'm not good at writing guides but uh, hope I helped your server woes somewhat, if not there's always someone else that can make a better guide than mine, and also the Eathena forums has plenty of guides.

gamehiyuu

Can u tell me what the sprite name is? I mean like if the sprite files is hyegun-hat.spr and hyegun-hat.act what do i put?

MrrgleCaek

ah in that case....the you would put in the sprite name hyegun-hat exactly, hope that helped ^^;

gamehiyuu

DUDE THNX FOR LAST TIME BUT I HAVE A NEW QUESTION THE NAMES OF THE FOLDERS ARE KOREAN CAN U HELP TRANSLATE THEM WHICH ONES WHICH? AND HOW DO I GET A PATCHER FOR MY PLAYERS? LIKE THE ONE WITH DIFFERENT SKINS LIKE KRO

MrrgleCaek

ahhhh....caps scare me, try not to type in caps next time ._., anyway, use this program http://ratemyserver.net/download.html Unbollox to translate the folders Korean to ASCII as I myself don't know how the hell to translate them myself. o_O. Do you mean those patchers like NeonCube? Read the guide here http://forum.asb-sakray.net/Setting-Up-A-Patch-Server-With-Neoncube-t32709.html and that should tell you how to do it

Zone

MrrgleCaek