Need an answer

Started by trinityfire, Apr 15, 2007, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikitaDarkstar

Well techncially A) it's the buster sword you're having problems with. B) All servers have a broad sword, it's a  gravity weapon.

But I can't figure out why your server has set their data.ini to read data.grf before sdata.grf (the sakray).

Anyway depending on what patcher your server is running you should have something like a triadpatchlist.ini (or possibly just patchlist.ini)

Now delete all your .grf files except sdata.grf and data.grf (you should get a data.grf after you patch with ragnarok.exe), and empty your triadpatchlist.ini

You might not have a file like that though, but if you do you will need to clean it out as thats the file that tells your patcher what patches you already got, if you dont' clean it out the patcher won't repatch.

If you don't have a triadpatchlist.ini or similar jsut go ahead and delete the .grf's

*Hopes she made any sense*

Glenn

I'm pretty sure he meant Buster Sword.

In any case, not all servers use a patchlist.ini it depends on the patcher program.
-- Ragna-Retired --

NikitaDarkstar

Thats why I said "You might not have file like that." and "depending on what patcher.", but if his server DOES have a patchlist.ini and he dosn't clean it out deleting the .grf's will do absolutley NOTHING (excpe tcause even more problems.).

Glenn

What I was saying was delete grfs that dont belong to his server though.

Also your assuming his server even has a patcher.
-- Ragna-Retired --

NikitaDarkstar

Yes I am assuming that because it sounds like a server thats meant for more than your cloests friends and msot of those servers do have patchers.

And I doubt the error he is having is because of other servers .grf's he's having issues with a specific item, which to me suggests that the problems lies within the .grf's that belongs to his own server. (From what I've seen the more common effect of having grf's that belong to the wrong server is getting the gravity error message, freezing client, client that shuts itself down or a client that generally refuses to connect to the server.)

But I do agree, delete any .grf's that don't belong to the server. (They will cause problems sonner or later most likley.)

But Glenn I'm just telling him that if he's going to delete his own grf's to repatch and he has a patchlist.ini he needs to clean that out too. No need to get so pissy about that.

Glenn

Well nobody suggested that he delete his grf so I was a little confused.

Also it seems he said he was gonna change servers, so theres no real reason to keep this topic going.

I don't appreciate the 'pissy' comment, when all I was trying to do was clearify and intern help. If I was a weaker man this would turn into a huge flame war over such a small comment.
-- Ragna-Retired --