Need an answer

Started by trinityfire, Apr 15, 2007, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trinityfire

Can someone tell me what this error is?

Resourse Error: cant find file A AuAIAI/EaAI1/2o/item/buster_sword.bmp

And yes I did ask the forum and the Gm at my server and no one helps. When I go to items to put on my armor, it knocks me off the game. Please dont be rude when replying. Everyone needs help sometimes.

yC

missing file, run ragnarok.exe and sakray.exe to patch up .. but buster_sword? is that new or old, i have no idea? or is it one of the custom items your server has ...?

when did you got ur clients?

Glenn

buster_sword.bmp

Sounds like a custom, theres no buster sword in real RO. Try redownloading your servers install, and repatching or whatever.
-- Ragna-Retired --

trinityfire

Thanks so much for the help, I hope it works.
Posted on: April 16, 2007, 01:28:26 PM
I tried redownloading and it still will not work. The odd thing is it doesnt do it on all my characters, just my main character. No one on the server will help me.

yC

because that character equiped something that you dont have the sprite for.  If you have trusted friends or if the gm is helpful, ask one of them to login to your account and unequip the sword off your character and never use the sword again.

trinityfire

its the same weapon I have always used, lokis nail. And I had valkyrie Armor, which I always had. I went to put something in storage and then armor came off and I couldnt put it back on because of that error. When I ask the GM to help, he says to delete data. We dont have broad sword. I did all of that. Thank You for trying to help me.

Glenn

If the server your playing on doesnt use that particular sprite..

then perhaps you recently tried another server? or maybe someone in your house uses another server?

Sounds like either your using the wrong Data folder, or the wrong grf.
-- Ragna-Retired --

trinityfire

Ok Thanks for your help
Posted on: April 16, 2007, 10:02:45 PM
Do you know where I can get the right grf?

Glenn

Odds are you have it already. Hmm... go into the folder and arange icons by file type. Then come back here and list all the *.grf files you have. One of the *.grf's should be for your server(unless they use a data folder) It may be obvious.. it may not be. (ie jhdsfRO.grf or Stupid.grf)

Bottom line is you gotta figure out wich one it is. Then open up the Data.ini file and edit it to be..

0= -yourservers grf-
1= data.grf
2= sdata.grf

im under the assumption that 0 is set to the wrong server, unless the server you play on uses a data folder, in wich case your best off redownloading the folder.

Oh and if it does use a grf, delete your data folder(if you have one)
-- Ragna-Retired --

trinityfire

The only grf files I have are:
hairsanctus.grf
palletessanctus.grf
sanctus.grf
sdata.grf

In the Data.ini file it reads like this:
1=sanctus.grf
2=palletessanctus.grf
3=hairsanctus.grf
4=data.grf
5=sdata.grf

And as for data folder, I dont have any

Thank you again for your help.

Glenn

I'm guessing sanctus resembles the server you play on.

I only presumed you had a wrong grf, because they only way to distinguish change in sprite is via the data folder/grf; and if that place doesnt have it then I figured you had some wrong pieces of data in your grf.

Oh and clients, perhaps your not using the servers client? maybe a custom client, or a different servers client?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but if all else fails.... Delete the whole gravity folder and reinstall everything. That would surely fix it. Lol. Or if it didnt it would prove your server owners incompitence and something would be wrong with the servers grf.

Sucks if you dont have the install's still though...

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
-- Ragna-Retired --

trinityfire

Thats ok you did you best. I am so thatnkful for what you have done.
Posted on: April 17, 2007, 03:33:15 PM
You know whats funny? I was told by Gm of server that we dont have broad sword on our server. I just got 4 from monsters I killed. lol

Glenn

Shows how much your GM's care/know. Did you talk to the Admin?
-- Ragna-Retired --

trinityfire

Yea he said talk to a Gm I think I am just gonna find another server.

Glenn

Haha, incompitence, private servers best friend.

Just ask if you need any help with anything. (finding a server, installing, gameplay) I'll be sure to help. ^^
-- Ragna-Retired --