Map editing,Char sprite editing,Monster sprite editing need help

Started by Nub~, May 07, 2012, 04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nub~

can someone help me editing monsters characters and maps

example, when hunting golden thief bug it is hard to click the Mvp and sometimes you just click the mobs by mistake so if possible i want someone to teach me or show me a guide on how to edit GTB's sprite, and also is it possible to edit maps to make them more simple looking and to reduce the loading time when changing maps? If so guide please :). i know there is a guide on how to edit mvp sprites but the problem is the tools needed to edit them. Megaupload is dead and i can't find any link for the tools needed, so if somebody can help me find them or can reupload them i would be thankful :)

Triper

Monster edit:

You may want to read this. +/- near the end is the explanation of it.

actor2 is availble in http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_tool

Nub~

Triper

Thoth

have .spr and .act file in same folder, open with actor2, change the mag value in the included magnifier.lua, run the script on the sprite.
I already did this with most major mvps including gtb in my grf, link in my signature.

if you wanna edit maps for some reason, the best tool I've come across is browedit. its useful but not terribly noob friendly, as you'll have to read the guide to figure out what the various hotkeys are.

Nub~

im having some trouble getting  the .spr and .act files i need. i cant find guides on how to get them and sometimes i do but the links to the tools needed are down, if you can please reupload it. it would be a lifesaver.

Nub~

thanks thanks, the only problem now is finding the grf file which contains the act and spr files, i read before it was in the sdata.grf but when i open it data\sclientinfo.xml is the only thing that's inside  /hmm

does harmony guard have something to do with it? i also cant find the .ini file of the server

Thoth

if its the custom maps//content grf for the server, harmony probably encrypts it. breaking such encryption is not my desire or expertise.
the ini is probably a 1kb file renamed to something weird.

Nub~

well, i found the ini file and you were right it was renamed to something else /omg
and i successfully edited what i wanted to thanks for the help  /heh