How to change wizard sprite to ninja?

Started by User1, May 14, 2018, 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

User1

How would I achieve changing my wizard sprite into a ninja sprite (male)? I have searched YouTube and google for quite a while, as well as other sites pertaining to changong sprites, but all that comes up is how to replace existing sprites with 3rd job sprites. Would someone be so kind as to explain how I can change the wizzie sprite into a ninja sprite? I am brand new to spriting and all I want to do is to change the appearence of the wizard sprite into a ninja. I would truly appreciate help. Thank you kindly.

Zereges

Take a ninja sprite, duplicate it in GRF and rename it into wizard sprite.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

User1

Quote from: Zereges on May 15, 2018, 03:54 AM
Take a ninja sprite, duplicate it in GRF and rename it into wizard sprite.

Hey, thanks for your reply! I am using the program GRF editor, and currently, I do not see an option to duplicate the sprite in the actual GRF program. What I have done so far is that I changed the names of the sprites (in my exact example, I swapped the names for priest and ninja), and I saved the GRF. I did this for both .spr and .act files, but I have not gotten any results yet; priests still look like priests, and not ninja's  /hmm

Do you recommend a GRF program that enables me to do what you suggested?

Zereges

GRF Editor is capable of doing that, you might need to extract the files and "upload" them back into GRF.

If you are not seeing any changes, make sure your changes are visible to your client (i.e. in GRF that is in data.ini or simillar). Also note, that some servers disallow changing character sprites (to prevent no-delay sprites) and won't allow you to do such edit.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

User1

Quote from: Zereges on May 15, 2018, 02:12 PM
GRF Editor is capable of doing that, you might need to extract the files and "upload" them back into GRF.

If you are not seeing any changes, make sure your changes are visible to your client (i.e. in GRF that is in data.ini or simillar). Also note, that some servers disallow changing character sprites (to prevent no-delay sprites) and won't allow you to do such edit.

Thank you again for your response!

So far, here is what I have done:

- Swapped the names of the sprites (I believe of both .spr and .act to swap the appearance of the sprites I want changed)
- In the GRF editor program, I right-clicked on data.grf (after making my changes) --> extract --> extract folder
- After the extraction, I entered the game (I am currently playing on OriginsRO, which runs on herc), but I did not see any changes.
- In the DATA.ini, I made absolutely no changes, it still looks like this:

[Data]
2=data.grf

I'm not exactly sure what I am doing wrong at this point  /hmm Would you happen to have any suggestions?