Help with some server details...

Started by MWright967, Nov 18, 2007, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWright967

Howdy,

I finally decided to create my own private server, and its running. However, I am having a fewwwwwww problems...

1: I tried creating a GM account. I copied the character ID and pasted it, along with the level, in the GM_Account text. However, whenever I try to log on to that account, it gives me a pallette error.

2: How do I customize server rates?

3: How do I enable stuff like reseters, healers, etc.

4: I'm having .pal errors when I log out and when I try to log in after making a custom. Any suggestions?

Thanks

MrrgleCaek

To answer your questions....

1) To make a GM account you use AID (account ID), not character ID ^^; (like 2000002 99 in the GM_account.txt)

2)to change the server rates, it's in the battle folder in the conf ( yourserver/conf/battle) the, job, exp, and drops conf files will change your servers rates.

3) the reseter, healer, etc. NPCs are pre-made and to enable them go into the npc folder (yourserver/npc), click on the scripts_custom.conf file and you should see them in there (ex. //npc: npc/custom/healers/heal.txt), to enable it simply remove the slashes off in the script (these ones)->//npc: npc/custom/healers/heal.txt

4) .pal errors? o_O, be sure to check in your client.conf (in conf/battle/client.conf) and see if the settings are correct to the .pal files in your data folder I guess? That or your exe client doesn't work with your RO server.

er....hope that helped in some way I guess. o.o;

MWright967

Quote from: MrrgleCaek on Nov 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
To answer your questions....

1) To make a GM account you use AID (account ID), not character ID ^^; (like 2000002 99 in the GM_account.txt)

2)to change the server rates, it's in the battle folder in the conf ( yourserver/conf/battle) the, job, exp, and drops conf files will change your servers rates.

3) the reseter, healer, etc. NPCs are pre-made and to enable them go into the npc folder (yourserver/npc), click on the scripts_custom.conf file and you should see them in there (ex. //npc: npc/custom/healers/heal.txt), to enable it simply remove the slashes off in the script (these ones)->//npc: npc/custom/healers/heal.txt

4) .pal errors? o_O, be sure to check in your client.conf (in conf/battle/client.conf) and see if the settings are correct to the .pal files in your data folder I guess? That or your exe client doesn't work with your RO server.

er....hope that helped in some way I guess. o.o;

Thank you.