Haircolor Palette Face Smudging !!11

Started by Abversen, May 05, 2010, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final

Quote from: Green on May 06, 2010, 01:39 PM
Oh, shush, Final.
If people didn't care about a sprite, we wouldn't be playing the game, or changing their hair, and palettes and headgears and all in the first place. Infact, why even have graphics then?
Back to text based MMORPGs for you.
Shoo.
text based...good idea!

Green your opinion, as mine, is beyond biased.  Before you shush me, think about it =]

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

Green

I simply went to the opposite extreme of your's, Final.

SMF

QuoteFirst, before you come here thinking you can accuse me of being a troll, do two things...first look up the definition of troll, no one knows what one is (I think it's those guys under the bridge), and second, look at your question and realize how stupid it is.  If your a player, then go talk to your admin, and if your the admin...learn how to run a server.  Oh and,  if you wanted real help...how about go somewhere where they offer it~ aka eA.

Second, if it's sprite related..it isn't difficult to edit if you have the time/care.

That is all.

100% troll. Some people just like looking, I think what they call "smexy" ? Having their character look nice and I can understand how that dark spot on his pixel face would bother him enough to want to fix it. As nerdy as it is its just the way it is, stop being an "e-troll" final.
Kisuka = Cry baby

Abversen

Quote from: Final on May 06, 2010, 12:38 PM
First, before you come here thinking you can accuse me of being a troll, do two things...first look up the definition of troll, no one knows what one is (I think it's those guys under the bridge), and second, look at your question and realize how stupid it is.  If your a player, then go talk to your admin, and if your the admin...learn how to run a server.  Oh and,  if you wanted real help...how about go somewhere where they offer it~ aka eA.

Second, if it's sprite related..it isn't difficult to edit if you have the time/care.

That is all.

Hahaha. A problem with palettes = I'm a clueless admin. Cool story bro, please tell me another.

@Serenity: That sounds about right, I'll look into it.

Final

Quote from: Abversen on May 06, 2010, 03:18 PM
Quote from: Final on May 06, 2010, 12:38 PM
First, before you come here thinking you can accuse me of being a troll, do two things...first look up the definition of troll, no one knows what one is (I think it's those guys under the bridge), and second, look at your question and realize how stupid it is.  If your a player, then go talk to your admin, and if your the admin...learn how to run a server.  Oh and,  if you wanted real help...how about go somewhere where they offer it~ aka eA.

That is all.

Hahaha. A problem with palettes = I'm a clueless admin. Cool story bro, please tell me another.

@Serenity: That sounds about right, I'll look into it.
Woa you are an admin? LOL I didn't think you'd seriously be one.  Since you asked for a story...There was was a...Blah...Now that would be a troll post guise!  To bad it isn't..sigh..

ANYWAYS, If it wasn't clearrrrr..This is RMS..RateMyServer..Now..who deals with..server..ish..things?  If you knew that..you might not be a clueless admin~  (Btw, this is a time for you to answer)

Troll time:

SMF, WHO THE f*** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TALK TO ME!?  I AM THE ALMIGHTY!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK TO ME AT ALL, NOW BOW DOWN TO YOUR MASTER!!! *Is zeel*

- So? Stop b****.

Abversen

Quote from: Final on May 06, 2010, 05:43 PM
Woa you are an admin? LOL I didn't think you'd seriously be one.  Since you asked for a story...There was was a...Blah...Now that would be a troll post guise!  To bad it isn't..sigh..

ANYWAYS, If it wasn't clearrrrr..This is RMS..RateMyServer..Now..who deals with..server..ish..things?  If you knew that..you might not be a clueless admin~  (Btw, this is a time for you to answer)

Troll time:

SMF, WHO THE f*** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TALK TO ME!?  I AM THE ALMIGHTY!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK TO ME AT ALL, NOW BOW DOWN TO YOUR MASTER!!! *Is zeel*

According to your logic, this entire section of the forum shouldn't exist. So, like I said. Cool story, bro. If you have any more, I'm all ears.

Final

Quote from: Abversen on May 06, 2010, 05:50 PM
Quote from: Final on May 06, 2010, 05:43 PM
Woa you are an admin? LOL I didn't think you'd seriously be one.  Since you asked for a story...There was was a...Blah...Now that would be a troll post guise!  To bad it isn't..sigh..

ANYWAYS, If it wasn't clearrrrr..This is RMS..RateMyServer..Now..who deals with..server..ish..things?  If you knew that..you might not be a clueless admin~  (Btw, this is a time for you to answer)

Troll time:

SMF, WHO THE f*** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TALK TO ME!?  I AM THE ALMIGHTY!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK TO ME AT ALL, NOW BOW DOWN TO YOUR MASTER!!! *Is zeel*

According to your logic, this entire section of the forum shouldn't exist. So, like I said. Cool story, bro. If you have any more, I'm all ears.
Yes but you see, If you were smart..and knew a little bit..you could easily go to..oh..I dont know..www.eathena.ws ...and like..ask a bigger collection of Devs..rather than a population of players and Admins.  If you must see a more specific location..here's an example! http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?s=dc4ece8d04f72f3c410d5a38c76cdf73&showforum=103  That..might..help..I really do not know apparently..

Looks like someone should learn some manners before he does speak.

- So? Stop b****.

Abversen

Yes, you are clearly correct. This support section should probably be gotten rid of. Why don't you suggest it then? And please, don't talk to me about being "smart", lol...

Anyway, aiming to get this topic cleaned up and ridden of all this absurdity, so bbhf was fun making you look like an imbecile.

Final

Quote from: Abversen on May 06, 2010, 06:10 PM
Yes, you are clearly correct. This support section should probably be gotten rid of. Why don't you suggest it then? And please, don't talk to me about being "smart", lol...

Anyway, aiming to get this topic cleaned up and ridden of all this absurdity, so bbhf was fun making you look like an imbecile.
Vote, Who other than me or him think I'm an Imbecile? Thank you for your time~

Who said this support section was bad?  I said it wasn't perfect for your question.  Now had you'd have been born with an ounce of wit and intelligence, This might have gone differently.  If I were to suggest anything, It would have been..oh s***..I did suggest it..Hey did I say to go to eA?  Oh..I did...Nevermind.
Now, Here's what is funny...You think you've made me look like an imbecile?  I don't see that..do you?  Or are you just saying that as defense because truly, you have nothing good to say now.  So in response, you've attempted to just..throw things at me.  Might do you good elsewhere, but here, It shall not do you anything but make you look like the aforementioned "Imbecile".

Done yet?

Your posts were only aiming to derail.

This is a support section, I don't care about your opinion that people shouldn't zoom in so that they won't see a "blur", it's their request, so cope with it.

3 day warn, don't derail threads and if you don't feel like supporting someone in the support section, then consider not posting in this section at all.

- So? Stop b****.

Relics

From this point onward, no more derail attempts.
Any complaints, PM.

GorthexTiger

Don't quote me on this: but I think it has something to do with the .PAL of the hair files. I remember a while back when I was working at dRO, I was recreating sprites for alternate classes for a specific item: if a class other than the "good" class wore it: they immediately had to spam enter a ton of times to deal with the sprite error showing up.

As for editing sprites? I always heard rumors that you could do it rather easily in Photoshop.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Abversen

Quote from: GorthexTiger on May 06, 2010, 08:17 PM
Don't quote me on this: but I think it has something to do with the .PAL of the hair files. I remember a while back when I was working at dRO, I was recreating sprites for alternate classes for a specific item: if a class other than the "good" class wore it: they immediately had to spam enter a ton of times to deal with the sprite error showing up.

As for editing sprites? I always heard rumors that you could do it rather easily in Photoshop.

Yeah I know what you're saying. I edit sprites in Photoshop a lot, I'm more or less curious to know if hairstyles have anything special to them, something I need to watch out for, but apparently not? Well only one way to find out, I suppose. And well, to test I took a .GRF from a server that I knew for absolute fact did not have this problem, tossed it into my test server environment, setup the data.ini to read it, and renamed my texture and sprite folders in my data folder. Regardless of all this, upon login the smudginess was still present. This absolutely baffled me because I know that very same .GRF of the server in question worked properly without the smudginess, I did some double checking with the data folder in said server as well as if any other .GRF's might be being read and I didn't find anything.

Obviously, something somewhere is conflicting somehow, and it's all a mess. Is it possible that the hairstyles in the actual data.grf are confliction with the ones in the custom .grf's somehow? Is there anyway to prioritize custom .GRF's so that this doesn't happen? As far as I knew it did this by default, but...yeah apparently not.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Abversen on May 06, 2010, 08:41 PM
Is there anyway to prioritize custom .GRF's so that this doesn't happen? As far as I knew it did this by default, but...yeah apparently not.

If I recall, open your DATA.INI file, and rearrange the GRFs so that the custom one is last, and that should override any defaults. Again, don't hold me to that, I think that's just generic floating knowledge I have floating in my brain.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Abversen

Quote from: GorthexTiger on May 06, 2010, 11:53 PM
Quote from: Abversen on May 06, 2010, 08:41 PM
Is there anyway to prioritize custom .GRF's so that this doesn't happen? As far as I knew it did this by default, but...yeah apparently not.

If I recall, open your DATA.INI file, and rearrange the GRFs so that the custom one is last, and that should override any defaults. Again, don't hold me to that, I think that's just generic floating knowledge I have floating in my brain.

yep, I always add it last.

Flipsyde

You think this is worse? Wait till you come across that one male hairstyle that makes your head bop or pop out like 3D, its hairstyle #36 in some servers :P