I know this is possible i just dont know exactly how

Started by Kurogasa, Oct 22, 2006, 06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurogasa

How can you change the music that play during bard songs? Where is the file located and what is the format?

yC

riotblade should be better at this hmm i think if u search for .wav in the grf, sort the files by size, look from the bigger end u will find them ... there are many other mob effect sounds those are the small wav files that's why u need to find the bigger ones, they should be more like music ... i dont know what folder exactly at the moment ...

laecertus

haha u need  a (what did they call those things again) hex or ex anyway something with ex in it and editor to edith the grf file then i don t know  never played bards

Kurogasa

Ah cool... i found it! Its located in the sdata.grf in wavs folder. Thanks  ;D

Kurogasa

Hrm even if i change the wavs it still plays the old songs? Ive checked all the other files to make sure the old ones werent in them as well... are the songs built into the exes somehow? :(

yC

that's when u need riotblade ...

i really dont think the file is built in to the exe ... maybe there are another set of those wav somewhere in the data?  some files are both in sdata.grf and data.grf

Kurogasa

Ill try to look harder... Maybe there is another. Riotblade  ??? Help  ;D

The server im playing doesnt use a data folder or any seperate datas from what i know... it works even when i rename the data grfs besides sdata... so i dont get where it could be. Its the same on other servers too though.

Kurogasa

Ok i finally figured it out. There are files with the names of the songs in sdata/wav but those arent the files that matter at all. The ones you need to change are located in sdata/wav/effect and they are in those stupid square symbols format. For example "assassin cross into sunset" is "squarex4 space square". Also those files with those names dont play in winamp but they do play in windows media so you can use that to figure out which one is which.  Now i have riffs from daft punk-aerodynamic as some of my bard songs.  ;D

yC