Game Texture / Effect

Started by Necroz, Mar 06, 2020, 11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necroz

Hey brothers, here I come again with one more doubt. The doubt is:

I'm playing a server on which I noticed that the texture / effects / lights are different and inferior than other "normal" servers, so to speak.
On this server, it looks like the texture is "inferior".

In this example image, it is a normal print inside the Cyr castle. Notice the castle lights, the details of the textures and the colors.

Now, there is the image of a different server, in which, in my view, the textures, colors and lights are '' normal ''. Notice the lights, floor details and other details.
Note: ignore the LGP circle (the color of this second is stronger because the plugin settings were different)

The fact is: it is different.
I am not an expert in RO, but as far as I understand, can it be something at GRF?
Anyone who understands about, could explain to me how I do to apply these details on the first server mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

Ara

I could be wrong, but it looks like there's just no lightmap in the first one.

Have you checked if that server has some sort of /lightmap toggle or command?

Necroz

So, Ara, the server does have the command '' / lightmap ''. However, when it turns on / off, it changes only the shadows of some items on the map: like the pillars of the castle etc, but it does not turn on the lights that are appearing in the second print.  /sob

chillxdd

It's possible that the actual map files have had their lightmap removed, and that's what the server is using.

It's really easy to remove the lightmap using GRF Editor.

What you can do is to grab the map files from a clean kRO data.grf and overwrite any that the server is using, to restore the lightmaps.

Of course, toggle /lightmap to test.

Let me know if this helps. :)

Zereges

The lightmap's toggle effect doesn't always happen instantly. Try to restart your client.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Necroz

It's really easy to remove the lightmap using GRF Editor.

What you can do is to grab the map files from a clean kRO data.grf and overwrite any that the server is using, to restore the lightmaps.

Thanks for the explanation! Got it, I'll try to do that. However, I'm not that expert on the subject, but I know how to get the files. What makes it difficult for me is to know exactly which files will influence the lightmap. Can you tell me what they are?

Necroz

Quote from: Zereges on Mar 11, 2020, 06:20 AM
The lightmap's toggle effect doesn't always happen instantly. Try to restart your client.

As I didn't understand about the subject, I went to study a little more and yes, I discovered that it would be the "/ lightmap '' effect that I was talking about. However, on the server that I mentioned not turning on the '' lights '', if I switch between turn the lightmap on and off, it does not '' change '' the lights (even restarting the client) and remains the same, turned off.

I think that in this case it would be something in the GRF, as the friend above mentioned.