exiiGRF - perfection

Started by exii, Oct 12, 2014, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0use

Quote from: exii on Oct 23, 2014, 06:15 PM
Sheeeet

NSA.bmp is 8x8 cell watermark in front of every castle entrance. I renamed it to woe1.bmp but forgot that the request of this file is still bound into the map file.
The grf which I uploaded was from my experimental folder (the wrong one). I realized it when I saw the different cast circles which only appear in this version. I didnt realize it before because the fixed files were already in my datafolder.

Links have been refreshed.
-fixed castle maps with watermark
-added modified x-ro BG maps
-added external link to a woe cursor
-replaced cast circles
-fixed schg_cas04+05

Thx for the report

Im planning to release a grf for MvP hunts soon but idk when Im in the mood to complete it.

All ok! Ty!

Its amazing grf and amazing work!

m0use

Its me again! /heh

Srry my dear friend, but this texture  dosnt exist

Prontera.. Down from fontain

Spoiler

[close]

Alberta.. Right to Loyang teleport NPC
Spoiler

[close]

Ty again!

exii

Sry but I cant do anything against.
Thats a big problem with prontera, alberta and also izlude. The thing is that different svns have different versions of these towns. I know 3 different versions of izlude, 2-3 of alberta and the changes on prontera are countless especially at the center. If its not working fine on server I recomment to take them out. They are located at the data folder. Delete the .rsw .gnd and .gat file of it.
Its a shame that the developers didnt give different  map types different revision numbers.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

m0use

Quote from: exii on Oct 26, 2014, 09:43 AM
Sry but I cant do anything against.
Thats a big problem with prontera, alberta and also izlude. The thing is that different svns have different versions of these towns. I know 3 different versions of izlude, 2-3 of alberta and the changes on prontera are countless especially at the center. If its not working fine on server I recomment to take them out. They are located at the data folder. Delete the .rsw .gnd and .gat file of it.
Its a shame that the developers didnt give different  map types different revision numbers.

Can we have errors and crushes in WoE castles cuz it?

exii

Not sure what modified Pontera maps should have anything to do with crashes or castle maps.
The only thing is that the .gat structure of alberta, pron and izlude differs from your version.

.gat files define the properties of each cell which means some cell colors are just wrong generated for your map.
(walkable, non-walkable, cliffable/non-walkable, water, and a few extas)

m0use

Quote from: exii on Oct 26, 2014, 10:56 AM
Not sure what modified Pontera maps should have anything to do with crashes or castle maps.
The only thing is that the .gat structure of alberta, pron and izlude differs from your version.

.gat files define the properties of each cell which means some cell colors are just wrong generated for your map.
(walkable, non-walkable, cliffable/non-walkable, water, and a few extas)

Ok. Understand it) Thx for all.. And dont reaply to pm, ill find what i need)

iro_ori

is there a benefit to taking out the circle part of the cursor like in this one?

exii

My grf including an allround cursor for every content.
But if you are focused on WoE you should dl the "new" one (I made it before I created my actual one).
The benefit is that you can target characters without any optical disadvantage. If you are tying to use an aoe or single target spell your arrow icon will change to a circle. The WoE cursor only have the arrow icon on every relevant action you do (except hovering over a npc or a warp portal) and its edge will always be the center of your actions because basicly a cursor has a size of 1x1 pixel and everything around is just there to make this cell better visible. I also could use a cross fade from counter strike.
As you might realized the target system works so that your cursor will be adjusted in the center of the target once youre inside its hitbox and have a spell ready to perform (circle icon). Its like a magnet. And now the benefit of PotND: it removes this feature.
This means your cursor always stay in the current position except you move the mouse by yourself.
Its an extrem benefit if you are trying to target a special character in a stack in woe.

So in combination with PotND: its a great benefit. But the feature seems useless without this tool.

Here you can see the list of the difference:

1. Check out again how the cursor is working without any grf.

-the arrow icon is changed to a sword http://puu.sh/czdZC/5d1d350406.jpg
-cursor dont move until you click a monster
-by clicking a monster you add a mark at the target; cursor positioning still not effected and works irrespected of the icon which marks the current target http://puu.sh/czed3/7379c6c83a.jpg
-circle sprite on single target spell and aoe -> the target monster is swaping very often per second if there are many targets moving around this position

2. Check out how its working with the grf.

-sword cursor removed; arrow icon is always shown even if you hover over a possible target
-by clicking a monster you dont add any mark at the target (WoE cursor only); cursor positioning not effected
-arrow sprite dont change when trying to perform a single target spell and aoe -> the target monster is swaping very often per second if there are many targets moving around this position

3. Check out how its working with the grf and activated PotND features:

-sword cursor removed; arrow icon is always shown even if you hover over a possible target
-by clicking a monster you dont add any mark at the target; cursor positioning no effected
-arrow sprite dont change when trying to perform a single target spell and aoe -> the target is not active anymore meaning the cursor dont follow its movement (the same as if you woudlnt use any spell)

A very good example for my cursor is this:
[ kev kun] Gaijin - HydRO WOE 5/21/14

In this video he is using my 1st edition which had a misspositioning of 1 pixel on aoe circles. This is why its wobbling a bit to left and right if hes casting aoe. I fixed it ofc.

elqpal

Hi, Thank you for this!!

zhevi02

Thank you for this. Wanted to ask about the piamette thingie? What's the logic behind it?

exii

Its a headgear replacement for rwc gold.
I like it. Problem?

S.M.L

Bio Lab lvl 4 show the minimap and the map of lvl 3, you can see monsters on dead cells while they can reach you nd you cant.

exii

The whole map isnt working properly on woon. When I added it I was on a server where the stubborn admin decided to rename a costum lhz into the bio4 original name.
Im really lazy actually. Maybe Im going to re-up a new rev tomorrow. Maybe..

iScreem

Good job with the grf exii  /kis
I will use it for servers with lag hosts and share it in some guilds.

exii

Just a little update. Links are added in the first post.

Whats new:

-freeze, sleep and stun have been reworked
-bg/woe:se (not fe!) maps and a pvp map have been recolored with a grey shade for a brighter rcx color spectre compatiblity
-tarot cards have been cutted by its size to have a better overview
-dispell got a simple white arrow now

This is how it can look like:
Spoiler
[close]
The freeze sprite will now be seen a bit more intense as on the screen.

Also added my actual rcx config for the grey cells.