Can anyone else add sound effect with ActOR2?

Started by Lioran, Jul 12, 2018, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lioran

I have been unsuccessful at adding sound effect to a frame, I can add a sound to the list of sound just fine.
But when I click the drop down menu to select what sound I want for the frame. It either doesn't do anything or put the text there and doesn't actually apply it.
When I switch frame or save the act file. no change occured.

I thought it was windows 7 having troubles with an old program so I tried windows XP but it does the same exact thing there aswell.

I had to do the change myself using hex editing which is very time consuming and definitely not ideal just to change something that should take 1 click to do.

meaman654

I've never used Actor2 but have you tried ACT Editor? I added sound files there just fine.

Adel

The sound editing function in Actor 1 & 2 are broken. Use Act Editor. It is much more user friendly as well.
Here is the Link.

Lioran

Oh thanks... why is that program not on the tools page? I thought actOR was the only one.

Terpsichore

Adding sounds like that doesn't do much though, they trigger only sometimes.

Lioran

Quote from: Terpsichore on Jul 13, 2018, 06:42 PM
Adding sounds like that doesn't do much though, they trigger only sometimes.
Well the program only plays 1 sound at a time.
And in game you need to not use the first frame cause its only gonna be played next loop.
If you want it to play at the start it needs to be on the second frame.

I wanted to add sounds to some sprites... most of the monster past id 2000s don't have any sound effect and it just looks weird.
and game has so much sound effect, you don't need to import your own to make some of these monsters sound good.

Is there a way to make a sound selection affect all directions? Selecting every frame manually 8 times for each sound effect is kinda annoying.

Zereges

Quote from: Lioran on Jul 13, 2018, 10:51 PM
Is there a way to make a sound selection affect all directions? Selecting every frame manually 8 times for each sound effect is kinda annoying.
Act Editor has nice scripting UI which probably can be used (and it even has some nice examples of usage so tweaking one of them should be piece of cake).
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

lllaaazzz

in act editor its probably not much more then adding the avi files where all the other sounds are at  128bits and opening the sound edit and including the name, then adding it where you want it,

i couldnt get it to preview but in game it worked fine

for new sounds probably a file to edit somewhere else like the bgm but didnt look