9 digit damage hexing.

Started by genuine, Mar 01, 2013, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genuine

hello all! i would like to know how do i make my client shows 9 digit instead of 6 digit damage. if someone know please enlighten me.
i really having a trouble finding them using ollyDBG. can you give me a guide or else?

Triper

I don't think it's that easy to do[seeing how people complained about that being impossible to be done in the past] but I've seen some stuff in the internet related to source changes about this.

While they do show some code and screenshots, they don't seem to explain it how it works aside the "buy this code" so I think asking about this on rathena/eathena/etc forums will get you better answers since they're better about this then us.

yC

Have you seen 9 digit damage anywhere else?  I think even hexing has its limit.  A 9 digit integer would be like 999 999 999.  The higher the number the more memory it consumes for the server to calculate the damage.  I think this is asking for a "look good" hex in exchange for efficiency.  But maybe you mean the calculation is already done just client capping ... in that case I have only seen 5-6 digits myself such as in TU.

Relics

http://www.eathena.ws/board/lofiversion/index.php/t266410.html

Russian version. You'll have to translate and figure it out from there.

Also, if you google ai4rei 9 hex damage on google you should get some results.. I can vaguely remember that this person figured it out but it was long ago.

genuine

yeah i already saw this on ai4rei but, its for 2011 client (-) and i think 2012 and up client dont have enough space to do the loop.
its a repeated algorithm, the problem is lack of space so you need to find a free space to show the damage in 9 digits. but its difficult once you did a wrong calculation your client will be damage or crash repeatedly.