(Client Sided)How to Change the Appearance of Treasure box/treasure chest?

Started by hushed132, Feb 02, 2013, 07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hushed132

How to Change the Appearance of Treasure box/treasure chest to other 3d model like Emperium or Swrod guardian? any guide?

yC

That's tough, treasure box is like guardians and emperium.  They are 3d-model, there isn't just one sprite that you can use/replace.

hushed132

how about change it's appearance sir? like change it to Emperium or Guardian? you think that will do?

like Satan morroc or soemthing or i can i use the guardian or the Emperium appearance how can i do that? any one can help me?

[edited: merged your other topic with this post, no need to make a new one for the same thing ...]

Triper

You can replace 3D with another 3D sprites, I've seen in the past some people changing the Emperium with a Sword Guardian. A simple rename of files should be enough for that.

To replace 3D sprites with 2D sprites that's another story and will give you an error if you do that, if I remember correctly it.
You can always try to see how the 3D files work and see if there is some place holder and if it's possible to change that to something else and use the 3D sprite as a null. It was an idea that thoth had once but nobody ever checked so you may want to try that and see how much of true it's =P

hushed132

so! how can i change the appearance of Treasure chest to Emperium or Sword Guardian? just Client sided sir.

Triper

Quote from: Triper on Feb 03, 2013, 05:00 AM
A simple rename of files should be enough for that.
It's the usual:
- find the files
- copy/paste them into another place
- rename the copied ones with the emp file name
- replace emp files with the new ones

hushed132

ok! ill try it sir, hope it works! ill feedback later, GL to me!

hushed132

Quote from: Triper on Feb 04, 2013, 03:05 PM
It's the usual:
- find the files
- copy/paste them into another place
- rename the copied ones with the emp file name
- replace emp files with the new ones
Sir it's failed >.< i just did what you said! btw can you do it and if it's succeed can you give me some Grf of that?

Triper

Where did you failed? It's easier to teach because you can change it to whatever you want that way in the future.

It goes more or less this way using any grf tool[if I remember it correct, lazy to make a new grf at the moment to check this]:

• Make a new grf and call it whatever you want.
  • Make the following folders inside it - data
    Inside data create a new one called  - model
    Inside model, make another one called - 3dmob
    Save that.
  • Open the grf called data.grf, inside your RO Folder, with the grf tool that you're using.
    Inside the data/model/3dmob folder, extract any of the 3d ones aside the treasurebox_2.gr2, that's the treasure box 3d sprite.
    The file you just extracted will be your new treasure box.
  • Edit the name of the file extracted to treasurebox_2.gr2 and upload it to the grf you made to the 3dmob folder like you saw at the data.grf.
  • Save.
  • Add the new grf to the data.ini and set him as priority 0
  • Test in game to see if it's working.

papataj

Triper

You would need to do this by doing check ups of the grf files of users upon login being md5, crc, etc checks. Doesn't rathena has a way for that now? I think they've a md5 check now.

Anyway, another somewhat possible way could pass by doing an encryption of the grf(s) being used so people would need to use what you give to them to play. The biggest problem is that the tools that are most of the time known and used for this are paid and not really cheap.

papataj

i dont think i can do , or i will pay for that..
i guess im gonna do first this client sided treasure chest modification..
and the result..
is a
SUCCESS..

extracting the 3d model and renaming it to treasurebox_2.gr2

thanks triper..

kuen75

sorry to bump this thread.

i just want to know the treasure box sprite file name. I tried searching for it inside data.grf /hmm  but i cannot find it.  /sob

i want to change it into a bigger sprite, might gonna replace it with a bakonawa sprite