Whitesmith Help!!!!! in pvp o woe mode.....

Started by Eric, Aug 28, 2007, 07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

erm, does any1 knw how 2 make a whitesmith 2b a very useful job in pvp o woe mode?? teach me how 2up d best stat, tat won't die easier when get hit(even wit asura), n easier 2kill ppl... d server i play is 99/70, d max stat is 99, max aspd is 190... tat's all i knw... any1 pls teach me??? i heard some of my frens say they can use their stat 2up 4stat tat is very good in anyway they wan 2fight, he is plying using cart termination 2kill ppl... so any1???

Slaw

Uh, as far as I'm concerned, building a decent WS is pretty simple. I won't give you the exact stats needed, since they vary alot depending on the player. I'll give you a slight idea as to how many points you'd want to invest into each stat though. If you ask me, there's 3 somewhat effective ways to go about this...

One would be a str/agi based WS (120'ish str, 90'ish agi, 40'ish dex, rest into vit (with stat bonuses included)), focusing on dishing out as much damage as possible with cart termination. Of course, you'd die pretty damn fast from anything with a decent damage output, as long as they're able to hit you. I believe this build is best suited for leveling, but lacks in the PvP/WoE area instead.

Another build I believe is pretty useful is the agi/vit support build (90'ish agi, 90'ish vit, 40'ish str, rest into dex (with stat bonuses included)), focusing on using meltdown to work as a more permanent version of a stalker's divest skills. This build won't deal any serious damage, but you'll be one hell of a supporter, breaking weapons and armors as if they were made out of butter. Personally, I enjoy this build, but only if I have the right type of people to back me up, since I won't be dealing any damage on my own. It's also pretty difficult to level, compared to the str/agi one.

The third build, and my favourite, is the most simple of them all. An all-out str/vit build (120'ish str, 100+ vit, 40'ish dex, rest into agi for a few aspd ticks (with stat bonuses included)), focusing on hurting like hell while taking a lesser army of people. Sure, your damage output won't be as good as if you had agi, but it'll be enough to outdamage anyone trying to pot his way through your attacks in WoE, and you'll end up with around 14k HP, and great vit def to go with that awesome armor you can use as a merchant class. This build is pretty simple to level; Just do as you would do with an agi char, and bring tons of potions with you. Unless you're in the mood for Cart Revolution mobbing, of course (Never liked that one myself).

Neither of these builds will let you survive a strong Asura without a Ghostring, but I doubt you'd be able to do so with any whitesmith. Hopefully, this stupidly long post has been of some help to you.

Eric

thx, don say dis is a stupid long msg, but it is very helpful 2me oredy... hmm, u mean including stat bonus??? tat means i nd 2figured it out my self wat card 2put at each equipment???? then calculate all 2gether 2get tat kind of stat??? hmm... n will all d stat above hit ppl tat is high dodge rate??? like ur favourite stat, dex oni 40, including bonus!!!! tat's mean i nd 2equip phreeoni???

Kurogasa

flee is gimped(reduced alot) in woe and WS has the best stunning options in hammerfall and cart termination itself. You wont need to focus on hit.. just stun them once and bang them out with term... people with high flee will die even faster than those with high vit(unless youre using ice pick and aar /gg).

Eric

can any1 teach me wat card 2equip n using wat weapon??? which 1 u all suggest is d best...
Posted on: September 01, 2007, 08:01:57 pm
erm.... wanna ask u all sumthing.... does any1 knw except cart weight, wat else do i nd to do to+ cart term damage????? coz, according 2d server i ply, 99/70... d server's cart max weight is putting higher by d admin from 8k to 10k liao....but it should b increasing d damge izit???? but y when i fill my cart 2maximum weight.... my cart term damage 1k oni de???? n does TG card help to+ cart term damage??? if not, then how??? d enemy is not equiping ghostring....any1???

Kurogasa

Its based on your atk cart weight element. No % cards work. people normally use high upped 2s morning star w/ zipper bears.. maybe do a bloody axe with tg. Most servers dont have so many available mvp cards like yours seems to so you have to figure it yourself. High str is a must too.

If youre doing only 1k try on another enemy. Maybe that person is wearing gring and lieing to you. Or maybe theyr armor def is really high.

Eric

does zipper bear will help??? high atk will + cart term damage???

Kurogasa

yes atk matters most(next to weight limit).. element also counts.

Eric

oh, tat means cart term damage is depend 1st in cart's weight, 2nd in atk, element oso counts.... ok thx.... btw, u suggest me juz 2equip zipper bear oni???? no nd 2equip other thing????(i mean in weapon oni lar)...izit???

Kurogasa

Depends on your server type. If its normal low rate(or low mid) then yea zipper bearx2 in high overup morning star... or maybe war axe overuped with zipper bear. If your server has a higher card that does more atk than zipper bear then use that.

Ultima66

It's probably defense. The best weapon is an Ice Pick usually, since it'll ignore defense and add a little sometimes.

And I wouldn't use any Agi. Cart Termination isn't based on Agi, and just attacks as fast as you can click. Get a lot of str and get enough vit/luk to not get stunned (80 vit 51 luk is enough, or 85 vit 36 luk), then put the rest into dex.

And don't attack a lot of random people without ED since you'll probably get frozen/stoned/sleeped or something. Hammer Fall is useful in WoE if you have people around you that can do enough damage damage.

Kurogasa

Quote from: Ultima66 on Sep 07, 2007, 02:50 PM
It's probably defense. The best weapon is an Ice Pick usually, since it'll ignore defense and add a little sometimes.

And I wouldn't use any Agi. Cart Termination isn't based on Agi, and just attacks as fast as you can click. Get a lot of str and get enough vit/luk to not get stunned (80 vit 51 luk is enough, or 85 vit 36 luk), then put the rest into dex.

And don't attack a lot of random people without ED since you'll probably get frozen/stoned/sleeped or something. Hammer Fall is useful in WoE if you have people around you that can do enough damage damage.

Most of this is wrong. Cart term IS based on Aspd unless your server changed that. I wouldnt put points into luck on a cart term build. You do NOT need to worry much about all of those statuses cus the Status armors have been severely nerfed(again if your server has updated) and barely anyone uses them now. Those who do.. only get a 9% chance to cause status at best so its not much to worry about.

Ice pick is good for ct though if you have aar.

Eric

yup, i oso found tat aspd is important if u ply CT... coz it helps u 2hit fast...

ice pick arr....hmmm... ok lar, i'll try... but izit really works??? hmm...i'll juz hv 2try 1st, ok, i'll reply dis topic again if i hv prob...thx..

Ultima66

Quote from: Kurogasa on Sep 07, 2007, 09:15 PM
Quote from: Ultima66 on Sep 07, 2007, 02:50 PM

Most of this is wrong. Cart term IS based on Aspd unless your server changed that. I wouldnt put points into luck on a cart term build. You do NOT need to worry much about all of those statuses cus the Status armors have been severely nerfed(again if your server has updated) and barely anyone uses them now. Those who do.. only get a 9% chance to cause status at best so its not much to worry about.

Ice pick is good for ct though if you have aar.
The luck is only for anti stun since it's really bad to get stunned. And I never actually tried a WS with low aspd but I heard CT wasn't based on agi, and CT doesn't really show and attacking animation (it looks more like you just stand there and the enemy blows up) so I couldn't tell. You still attack fast without agi so I don't see why it makes much of a difference though (you'll have 170 aspd with a Bloody Axe with 44 base dex and no equip boosts for any stats, and 156 aspd with Ice Pick), and the vit is probably better.

With 87 agi and 40 total vit, you get 181 aspd with Bloody Axe and 171 aspd with Ice Pick, so you'll attack like 50% faster, but you go from 11k hp down to 8.4k, which is a big loss in pvp. Besides, everyone hates stun with under 50 vit. A LK can bash you to death by luck if you have lowish vit and you're a class that can't avoid it (just about every other class in the game can fight from long range if they need to). And 156 aspd can still get off more than 1 CT per second, while the Bloody Axe with no agi can hit around 2 times a second.

Although you're right about the luk. Having luk is mainly to not get stunned, but I forgot if you can get 85 vit stun will barely last anyways.

And status armors are used and can be really annoying sometimes. If someone has a Garm (and apparently his server has quite a few MVP cards), then it's a pretty strong status armor that you should keep away from.

Ice Pick officially should work, but on some servers it doesn't.

Eric

Ultima.... if u r nv use WS b4, don simply post... i'm not scolding u.... but CT skill does hv an animation... tat is using a big hammer juz 2bang down d enemy... n i knw it isn't base on agi... but agi can help u 2hit more faster wit CT... if u wanna knw wat i'm talking bout.... u can try using CT 2kill ppl n see whether u can hit fast o not...

ok, got another question wanna ask... does any1 knw usually how long does hammer fall o CT stun???? pls reply me... i wanna plan properly... juz 2b pro in WS... coz i found tat it is fun 2ply WS in pvp...