Fast-Leveling a Whitesmith to 99 on a shoestring? Zeny-farming?

Started by Leamee, Feb 01, 2011, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leamee

Where should I level my Whitesmith (level 91) with little money available to mammonite?
I tried Rachel but the drops don't cover my costs and I feel like there's a cheaper/faster leveling spot out there.
I'm on a low mid-rate with lowish drop rates so I don't have an ice pick or a combat knife. I mammoed my way up to BS 99 then mammoed like crazy again to get to 91 but this is getting really expensive.

Equips:
(axes)
Earth/Wind/Water/fire 2H axe
Light Epsilon
Hurricane's Fury [1] > no card in it

everything's either +4 or +5.

I have an HP that can aspersio my WS whenever I want and I could do anubises but I'm really tired of that place and leeching there is a nightmare.

Up until now I mainly did EDs for the cards, then zeny-farming, then EDs... Rinse and repeat basically.
I'd really like to avoid using Cart Termination *unless* it's a more cost-efficient way to level up.
Rachel gives me 1% per mob (1.60% when I kill hodremlin) but I spent 150K there in a matter of minutes. I know that 150K isn't much but I'd only be willing to shell out money if I can level *really* fast (2%+) or if the drops cover the cost of the leveling process.

Money:

I make around 500K-6M with my shop daily, more like 1M on most days. 1M = 1,111 mammos with unfair trick.
I'd like to put some money aside for an ice pick and other stuff though, so I'd be willing to spend about 500K/day when it comes to shop money.

Zeny-farming:
I'm getting tired of it but when I get the courage I go bash some monsters and make about 500K/10 min (but each trip costs me about 150K though I do get some exp from it.)
Can you guys suggest good zeny-farming spots for a WS? 500K/10 min doesn't seem like much to me.

Thanks!

Orange

Depending on the server, it may be worth to send yourself broke to level at rachel if it means faster exp than anywhere else, because then you can join more parties/mvp/kill harder things and get that money back >:

never tried, but can WS do moscovia 3? fire weap and just tele around and kill the mavka's(nice exp, damn good loot)
Probably worth it to get a good carded weapon + fire endow from sage, it'll pay itself off in no time.
:3

Leamee

I botched up my stats a little bit but I wanted to go for STR/VIT since I'd have to drink potions anyway.
Quoteget a good carded weapon
What would be a good carded weapon for a WS?
I have a lot of maces [4] that I can overupgrade but a 4-carded one is expensive in terms of cards.
I could also try to drop heart breakers since I have decent equips that would allow me to tank imps, but imo given the market price of HB (500K-750K) I should probably just buy a bunch.
I don't have a shield or a card for the shield.
I'm also tempted to reset and go full STR/AGI in order to be able to flee Rachel mobs most of the time. I don't have flee equips but Hurricane's Fury is quite good because you can pulse strike so might allow me to chain-kill mobs in rachel without having to down a million pots.

I'm still looking for more suggestions though, whether mammo/ CT based or not :)

Edit: I just tested an agi-based build in rachel and and it slows down the leveling process. Moreover, it wouldn't help in Rachel 3 (I can do 1 and 2 with a vit-based or agi-based build). I actually don't know if Rachel 3 is a good leveling spot for anyone who's solo as the beholders really are a pain. If I have to spend more time killing a single monster I'm also losing money because vanberk and isilla card sell very well. :/

Chimichanga

Quote from: Orange on Feb 02, 2011, 01:56 AM

Probably worth it to get a good carded weapon + fire endow from sage, it'll pay itself off in no time.

This method "might" work with an aspd adrenaline rush build, but not ct since ct relies on ATK and not on card modifiers. Best way is to leech at abbey. What are the rates of your server? If you have a rogue, you can bring both chars to GH_inn, use rogue to snatch the wanderers out of one area. Then use ws to ct dark frames. Should waste about 1.5-3k but red frames sell for 2.2k and brigan for 300=2.5k and also manteaus drop from them.

Leamee

I'll probably just leech my WS in Sphinx. I can 2-shot dark frames with HF and mammonite, but I need aspersio and I think it's not worth it. I'll most likely level my WS  a bit with cart revolution (yes, not cart termination) for fun and leech when I get the courage.
I need to max out my HP anyway  :)

Usagimimi

Get some AGI Q.Q c'mon, you're killing me with your STR-VIT builds :( *is a sad panda* You're not tanking; you wanna make Zeny fast, and you'd want a fast ASPD and high Flee for that <3

<3?

Leamee

I just don't like Agi XD
I do understand why I'd need agi for cart revolution though. We can talk about it when you're on this weekend, but I'm not willing to reset stats a thousand times :p

uncelebrated

'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

mahawirasd

depending on drop rates, mammo-ing HWs should give you your money back and then some...

then you could do mavkas and those mosco 3 mobs for crystal mirrors, roses, etc...

then if you count the long run returns, go CT incubus (if you have access to IP of course) or them stalac golems (money back in form of elu) or any elu/orid dropping mobs (lolis, khalis, rays maybe?)...

or bathories (wss for slims) though exp kinda sucks...

oh and strouf cards are usually also rarely farmed yet quite useful... plus their def is practically non-existent so you won't need an IP... should be about 2 CTs or about 3 Mammos per strouf... abyss 1 is also doable, but you'll need to switch weaps and hope for GF card or magni's caps or peno card...

well if you wanna level quick then you gotta spam zeny, but if you wanna level without wasting zeny so much, the above solutions should prove sufficient...

-w-

Leamee

Thanks a lot for your advice, mahawirasd.
Right now I resetted to a full agi str build and I'm only semi-happy with my stats but I can't exactly go and reset stats every five minutes because that would be worth than mammonite or CT.
Quotego CT incubus (if you have access to IP of course)
I did it with a light epsilon on my last serv and it worked well enough. I also have HF so I could just aspersio myself and kill some.
However it's not necessarily the most efficient way to make money given that mavkas are killeable with Mammo only and a bunch of pots.
Quotethen you could do mavkas and those mosco 3 mobs for crystal mirrors, roses, etc...
As I said I tried it once and while I didn't enjoy the mad tp-ing, I liked the loot a lot.

Quoteabyss 1 is also doable, but you'll need to switch weaps and hope for GF card or magni's caps or peno card...
Abyss is probably a toughy, and not something I'd do with an agi build or mammonite only. As you said I'd need to hope for a particular card for this to work as overall it'd cost me a lot of money.

IMO Abbey is a good option especially with my equipment (light epsi/ HF+ aspersio/ batho/ raydric) but it costs a lot.
I haven't dropped anything good yet and a banshee can easily cost me 6K which is a lot. It's not like the drops make up for it either.
That said, I need 31% to be 99 and I'm starting to become very impatient.

Edit: I spent 1M to 99. I'm there but only 99/67. Now bashing Incu and Succu.