Role of a WS in WoE?

Started by Danull, Jun 27, 2010, 03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Quote from: Fantaxy on Jul 09, 2010, 04:57 AM
QuoteThat video you posted wasn't even with high tier guilds.

QuoteMy apologies, you didn't post the video.

How could people be like this. /facepalm

I didn't reply to your arguments after that because like I said this thread is for WS discussion anyway if I did there were so many flaws in your statements that I could have ended this way way ago which I didn't.

Yes, I realized you weren't the who posted that video, hence the apology.

Yeah, you didn't reply to my arguments, instead you posted crap like this "What are you?
One of those OMG I USE CHAMP NOW I 1 HIT ASURA ALL PEOPLE WHO GO IN."

Care to point out the "many flaws?" I'd love to see them [not implying I haven't made mistakes, because as we all know, I'm not perfect].

Anyways, if you had actually been reading what's been going on, the OP already moved on from whitesmiths and stated that he was more interested in mob control.

I told him that Champs were the best and SinXs are almost useless but are alright at mob control. Then you two [fluidin and you] decide to argue your point over SinX. Which is quite funny because using SinX as DPS had nothing to do with mob control at all. Sonic blow is a bad skill and does mediocre damage compared to Asura which is why Champions are better at ground control than a SinX. Most players are able to tanked a fully buffed [no, no gospel s***] SinX which is why they are practically useless. Their only purpose in woe:SE is to break the Emperium and people messing with 1 vit/99 agi builds are simply trying to make them more useful, so they aren't overshadowed by Champions and such. Even then, SinXs have horrible DPS and if they chose to sacrifice vit [one of the more important stats for a SinX, right under strength] for a little more DPS, then sure. Why not?
Posted on: Jul 08, 2010, 10:27 pm
Quote from: DarkDevine on Jul 09, 2010, 05:26 AM
Stop crying about the length of your e-penises.

If you saw someone giving bad advice or suggesting things that aren't good, would you just sit there and let it go?

Regardless of the subject.

Fantaxy

Lolol last post at this thread wrong advice?

This was WS advice hello?

DarkDevine

Posted on: Jul 08, 2010, 10:27 pm
Quote from: DarkDevine on Jul 09, 2010, 05:26 AM
Stop crying about the length of your e-penises.

If you saw someone giving bad advice or suggesting things that aren't good, would you just sit there and let it go?

Regardless of the subject.
[/quote]
Why not try something new?
Who ever said that all good builds are discovered yet?
Let the OP decide if he wants to try the build or not, most servers have stat-resetters anyways, if it sucks, he tries the next one and (hopefully) tells us which of the introduced builds are good and which are not.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Nico

Quote from: DarkDevine on Jul 09, 2010, 06:37 AM

Why not try something new?
Who ever said that all good builds are discovered yet?
Let the OP decide if he wants to try the build or not, most servers have stat-resetters anyways, if it sucks, he tries the next one and (hopefully) tells us which of the introduced builds are good and which are not.

I wouldn't have said anything about the subject unless I've tried it myself. They are simply too fragile and die almost instantly the second they are dispelled.

@Fantaxy

He already got his answer and already stated he was leaning towards jobs that had to do with mob control. Get over the whole whitesmith crap.

fluidin

lol TFE woe.

i know that server, like i knew eternity and legacy. yes, they have high tier woes, but do know that iro woe does have its fair share of high tier woe players, like afrikan's crew, who are actually also said pserver players

anw, i know abt 24-7 ganban wizs, just like i know abt 24-7 LP profs. and i defo did not say that sg wizs do ganban -.- i was just referring to the lack of MS due to SG being the easier to setup skill, and the instantcast LP.

i know ganban + MB MS kills, i've been thr and done that. but that's when ur prof gets taken out/disrupted with/makes a mistake. otherwise, in optimal conditions, LP should be on >95% of the time, rendering ur sinx relatively safe to magic. dispel? yes, it kills, but if u are fast enough u speedpot out str8away and rebuff. play it well and u can save urself enough times from dispel to make a difference.

the argument is pretty stupid tbh. 1vit sinxs are good, and should have a place in high tier woe should the slots allow. end of story. they are also more valuable than a bloody sniper 1 on 1 >_> that is again, if the slots are limited.

if everybody had good gears, then yes, sinxs would probably lose out to champs. but then that's omitting god items, and ignoring a significant presence of godly cards (namely sam, thana, gr, gtb, tgk). yet even then the presence of a sinx is essential imo. GT dps + status potential is darn impt imo. i would like to highlight the presence of godly eqs again. i've treated them as a norm, so perhaps my judgement is skewed that way. most high tier guilds will have their fair share of some. u 2 shld know that those can be utilised to great potential, in this case of our argument.

GT dps isn't fearsome enough on its own, but is a kind of higher lvl support dps that when coupled with other skills, is deadly enough. just like when its coupled with ur '4k' matk MS. (u and i know that 4k isn't constant anw)

abt the woe vid... u guys are blind? there's 24/7 ganban, it's just getting covered up by constant LP. and yeah, the sinx wasnt a 1vit one. just trying to illustrate some points, but unfortunately u guys touched on points in the video that i wasn't trying to emphasise -.-

and perhaps sadly legacy and eternity woes aren't resource intensive enough to make AD so feared that ppl actually go 1vit just to save themselves from it. i have been in servers like that tho. TFE i can't speak for.

i missed out the latter part of the argument, cos it seemed hormone-driven. do highlight to me if there are more valuable points for me to take note of.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Nico

Quote from: fluidin on Jul 09, 2010, 07:59 AM
the argument is pretty stupid tbh. 1vit sinxs are good, and should have a place in high tier woe should the slots allow. end of story. they are also more valuable than a bloody sniper 1 on 1 >_> that is again, if the slots are limited.

The thing is, a SinX has already been determined as useless. A guild should only have 2~3 SinXs as most and they all must survive. Even a Sniper is more useful [Arrow Shower status, traps, and FAS].

if everybody had good gears, then yes, sinxs would probably lose out to champs. but then that's omitting god items, and ignoring a significant presence of godly cards (namely sam, thana, gr, gtb, tgk). yet even then the presence of a sinx is essential imo. GT dps + status potential is darn impt imo. i would like to highlight the presence of godly eqs again. i've treated them as a norm, so perhaps my judgement is skewed that way. most high tier guilds will have their fair share of some. u 2 shld know that those can be utilised to great potential, in this case of our argument.

The thing is, most guilds on these servers don't own things like that. Thanatos cards, Ghostrings, and whatnot. Even then, it's still easy to tank their Sonic Blows. Grimtooth DPS isn't great at all and considering the range it has, it makes it even worse.

SinXs are so fragile while grimtoothing. Sure, they can hide but the second they are revealed, they are pretty much screwed unless they can swap and react fast enough. If they don't get killed, they'll get their pally killed due to lack of cranial, even for that brief instance.

GT dps isn't fearsome enough on its own, but is a kind of higher lvl support dps that when coupled with other skills, is deadly enough. just like when its coupled with ur '4k' matk MS. (u and i know that 4k isn't constant anw)

4MATK storm gust is there quite often, if you have a good mindbreaker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never said anything about iro woes, simply that Fantaxy has no idea of what he's talking about. The constant Gabantein also gives brief instances in which that area what was affected may receive magic damage.

1vit/99agi SinXs have already been tested, there's a reason why no one plays them in high tier woes.

Yukino

Even though I may not be on topic completely, but I want to say... what happened to talking about WS in WoE lol? Make another thread to talk about WoE in general or classes. Is there a moderator for this thread?
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

fluidin

u dont really trap in woe2 lolz. neither shld u arrow shower status

anw i do know the value of FAS dps, but i would argue GT dps is the better if geared right. i do however agree 2-3 sinxs are enough, unless all are godly geared. but then again in the guilds i've played in, whoever wanted to play sinx had to have a minimum standard of gears, or else they had to play other classes. to me it's a given. 1 on 1 a pro sinx on good gears is still more valuable than a good sniper.

u seldom see the best/better players in ur guild playing snipers, but u can however see them playing sinxs more often (+ other jobs, yeah) there's a reason for that.

pretty much done with the 1vit sinx argument tho. there's pros and cons, and it differs server to server. however my stand still stands; that it is a considerable alternative.

i dont really play with underdog guilds no matter which server i go to tho, so more often than not i possess, or have guildies having godlies. makes woe much more interesting imo. not to say i cant play w/o them tho, just that i'm used to strategising with, and against, guilds with such gears.
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Fantaxy

Are you really reading? O.o

As I said this is a WS discussion and even if the OP is finish with what he needs doesn't give you the right to do what you ever done with this thread.

And as for I don't know what I been saying can you like read? your just repeating what your saying.

Nico

Quote from: Fantaxy on Jul 09, 2010, 10:47 PM
Are you really reading? O.o

As I said this is a WS discussion and even if the OP is finish with what he needs doesn't give you the right to do what you ever done with this thread.

And as for I don't know what I been saying can you like read? your just repeating what your saying.

h0ly cr4p ur a ginus

On a more serious note [as serious as RO gets], the OP already said he was more interested in ground control, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

@fluidin

No Arrow Shower status? Are you serious? And yes, you DO trap in woe:SE. You don't trap like you do in FE, but you trap behind choke points so that if anyone made it past the guild, they'd get caught in the traps and it'd reduce the chances of someone recalling on barricades or guardian stones.

Sure Grimtooth DPS may be better IF geared right [and I'm talking Thanatos cards] but the lack of range [7 cells] and lack of cranial is what makes it a bad choice. You may argue the "lack of cranial" for a Sniper as well, but you've also got to look at what a sniper can. Arrow Shower status [using requiem cards, metaller, etc]. They also do AMAZING damage with FAS.

All players are supposed to be good at their job if they're playing it. You'll hardly see 1 on 1 situations and even then, Champs are better because they're pretty much guaranteed a kill [aside from the rare ghostrings running around and such].

etc etc etc, cbf to type anymore, done with this topic.

fluidin

? trapping chokepoints only requires 1 snip. and yeah in woe2 traps just slows ppl down. thr are many ways that u can render those traps less ineffective as compared to woe1. and maybe its juz a preference but i prefer FAS status instead. reaches a little further and wider

anw glad to see some1 actually having the some viewpoint that FAS is amazing. too many ppl dunt know that. FAS is FAS tho, and status is status. i wouldnt make the same sniper do both things. FAS pressure has to be applied constantly for it to b effective. this does not include battles that are 1-sided or fought to a 1-sided point already tho.

i'm talking 1 on 1 as in, if you have 20 ppl turning up for woe, and the last person can play both snip and sinx, which class would u make him play kinda thing.

i'm also cbf to type anymore. i think we understand each other's points quite well already.

Xarale

What the hell happened here?  How did a discussion of a whitesmiths' role in WoE turn into a discussion of champ, sinx & sniper advice?

Needless to say, I think we've gone waaaaay off-topic here.

@OP - Hopefully you found the answer you were looking for from the first few posts.

Locked.