Role of a WS in WoE?

Started by Danull, Jun 27, 2010, 03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danull

Well, on a 99/70 server. I've been playing Ragnarok for roughly 3 weeks now, and have yet to even pop into WoE. So; curiosity, what's my role in WoE apart from buffing and repairing?

Some people say I should be in a CT build, but some are saying I should actually be using a status carded orcish axe and a Guillotine whilst going for a more Cart Revo oriented build. So, what role would I play really? :3

Gankz

If you're in a guild that WoE's for fun, just go CT build. If you're good enough you might take down several people. If you're in a high end guild, go repair/status build. Use a status orcish axe and cart revo your enemies to status them; don't forget to use melt down.

Golden

What Gankz said ^

In WoE, whitesmiths usually turn into a support class as opposed to a DPS class like they are in PvM or PvP. Don't forget to use Full Adrenaline Rush too.

Nico

In woe, your main role is status/repair. However, it's not as simple as it sounds.

What separates a GOOD whitesmith from a bad one is knowing WHEN to repair. Sure, they'll make chat signs and whatnot to ask for repair, but if you see someone freezing, take the initiative and repair them anyway.

Now, for the status part. An orcish axe is not needed. There's a perfectly fine axe[4] to use. It's easy to get also. Main statuses you should be using are Silence[Metaller] and Chaos[Requiem].

Why silence and not freezing? It's because most biochemists opt for 1 vit which means they're very vulnerable to silence [as well as High Wizards].

Why Chaos? It messes them up real bad. It basically makes them go in the opposite direction of their choosing which can lead to death.

However, you shouldn't try to get into the other guild's mob every chance you get. That's just stupid. Stay with your guild and provide buffs for awhile. Wait until the GvG is coming to a close or if the GvG is lasting for quite awhile. Most players have Full Chemical Protection and cannot get their gears broken. Wait for awhile until the FCP wears off then it should be fine to speed potion into their mob and revo away.

Don't listen to anyone. Cart Termination is no-no in woe. Why? To do decent DPS [not great or fantastic, just decent], it requires a lot of buffs. One Dispel will ultimately wreck a DPS whitesmith [a lot more than it would a Champ]. Now, of course everyone is going to get dispelled right? The deal is that it would who knows how long to rebuff and whatnot, in that time you are completely useless and half way through buffing you can just get dispelled again and would have to restart the process.

Danull

Bleah, another support oriented character >.< I suppose I'll use my smith for support when I feel like it, but it's not like I do enough on my priest >.<

So what would be a more offensive class? I'm thinking SinX's or uh... Paladins perhaps? I'm going more for ground control as a secondary character :3

Chuck

No. Paladins should not be an offensive class, although I guess you can use it for taking down a Roki's for FE WoE.

Try CHAMPS or CREATORS. D:

Danull

Eww no fun in that xD
Champs = Lolsura
Creators = Uh... AD spam? What else can it do? *interest peaked*

How bout an assassin? Or uhm... Proff perhaps? Or maybe a slinger or a ninja? =D

Gankz

Well there's a FS creator, they're probably the easiest SE class. 190 aspd, 149 dex (yes 1 less than insta). Spam Slim Potion Pitcher on your guild when you're GvGing and FCP when you're not. Really that's all you do, it's very hard to mess up, and it's quite fun being a massive healer; you generally get off 3-4 casts per second.

Golden

Oh god, I played one of those once. During WoE the other guild was like "F*ck you Golden" "OMG WTF THEY WONT DIE" "SOMEONE KILL THAT CREO" all up in @main.

Gankz

Was about to play one on Vision before I left for iRO. It's relatively easy to gear too, you don't even need to worry about a weapon.

Danull

Sounds like hax. But it's still a support role, though looks like I found something I'd play as support instead of a priest :3

But how goes it for the other classes? I kinda wanna play something offensive too >.< So yeah, Proffs? Ninjas? Gunslingers? Oooh, assassins? *shrug*

Kazu

If you want to go offensive, Assassins are your best option. They're relatively easy to level too. Extended classes don't really stand out that much in woe since transcendent classes always have the upper hand on them. You could also try going wiz if you want since they do decent damage and provide support.

Golden

If your server is new and it's the first WoE, a GS spamming desperado on the portal is serious wtfpwnage.

But as for offensive, Stalker or SinX are good choices.

Sarin

EVERYTHING that has been said here applies for mobfest WoE, but 99% of servers are not like that. If the server has lower population, the roles of chars become more relaxed, you won't get so stressed into playing one certain role. WS suddenly can afford CT build, SinX can have some spare points to agi, and so on....

Golden

Quote from: Sarin on Jun 28, 2010, 05:48 AM
EVERYTHING that has been said here applies for mobfest WoE, but 99% of servers are not like that. If the server has lower population, the roles of chars become more relaxed, you won't get so stressed into playing one certain role. WS suddenly can afford CT build, SinX can have some spare points to agi, and so on....

But mobfest WoEs are so fun  :D