Improving Merchant (Blacksmith and Alchemist)

Started by Suspension, Jun 27, 2015, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suspension

Hello, I'm in the journey of creating a different type of server where every (or almost) build is useful and fun to use. For that matter I'm changing bonuses and the way some skills works, but nothing too strange, so it remains the same game. And only up to second classes (no trans) for the moment, as they seem to be easier to balance.

Currently what I thought for Alchemist:
- Acid Terror: Base damage 500%. Target vit raises by damage 5% per point (Like a lower version of Acid Demonstration, but doesn't ignore def).
- Bomb: Multiplier improved up to 300%.
- Homunculus: They could be changed to all demi human, limited to a certain level (like lv 75).

About Blacksmith, I don't have too many possibilites, as they are the class with less active skills:
- Dancer's Dazzler will be modified in a way not-so-high-vit characters can join, so hamer fall will have a more important role in woe.
- Reduced sp consumption on some active skills.
- Easier or better bonus from forged weapons.

If anyone have any suggestion about it or concerns about balance, comments are welcome :). Thank you all.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

Triper

The problem with the BS class is not the "less active skills", it's not thinking outside of the box:
- You can boost the Cart Revo damage so that it isn't just a "status aoe machine"
- Boost Mammonite damage be higher vs some races so that they're more used instead of the usual ready2go killers because it's actually a great class to kill monsters even if expensive
- Change the Loud Exclamation to something for party, like +2 STR, +2 DEX or +% atk and +% matk
- Make forge skills increase party damage like "Smith Axe" increases all the damage of users of the party that are using axes by x% for level
- Change Skin tempering to also give +% HP
^ not suggestions, just possibilities

It's all about how you want it working.

Suspension

The problem with thinking outside of the box is that it modifies the game too much, which I want to avoid, as stated on my first post. The exception to this is of course the Alchemist, which is utter crap on the battle side without heavy changes.

I might leave Blacksmith as it is now. I don't remember any build different from the classic battle build, and with other changes it should have its advantages. Even then, a 700% multiplier on a skill dependant of aspd, in a job with nice damage buffs and aspd is quite nice, no?

About Alchemist: Does it look a bit OP like that? I'm a bit worried it would just be the Creator of pre-trans woes.
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

Yozakura

I agree with Triper on this one. You could make Cart Revolution take additional damage based on the Blacksmith passives, or possibly even their buff skills, so it stays theirs, given Alchemists already have their own heavy boosts.

Other than that, you could make Over Thrust increase its damage boost based on the number of party members. And possibly the same for Adrenaline Rush.

As for chemists, I'm not too sure, I haven't played pre-renewal, let alone pre-trans, for so long. I think their skills that need buffs are the summoning skills (plant/sphere). Maybe modify it so the monster's stats scale up with the user's level?

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Zleepy

for bs on the forging side i think making it so their level 3 forged weapons having 1 slot to compete with quad endowed weapons might be a nice start while they wont do as much as damage a quad card they can come reasonably close as well as revive what is sometimes a dead market for dedicated forgers unfortunately

also for this are you talking <8.2 or up to 13.2? beyond episode 9 where mail/sword breakers are a thing i think alchemist could use a buff but below that their ability to break gear alone imo is pretty op and a good troll in pvp as a support class

Triper

Quote from: Suspension on Jun 27, 2015, 08:36 PM
The problem with thinking outside of the box is that it modifies the game too much, which I want to avoid, as stated on my first post. The exception to this is of course the Alchemist, which is utter crap on the battle side without heavy changes.

I might leave Blacksmith as it is now. I don't remember any build different from the classic battle build, and with other changes it should have its advantages. Even then, a 700% multiplier on a skill dependant of aspd, in a job with nice damage buffs and aspd is quite nice, no?
Technically you're not changing their role since they're a relative support character on WoEs with their Full Adrenaline Rush, Weapon Perfection and Overthrust and the status spreading with Cart Revo and Hammerfall, it's just making them more useful but I understand your point.

Suspension

Quote from: Zleepy on Jun 27, 2015, 11:04 PM
for bs on the forging side i think making it so their level 3 forged weapons having 1 slot to compete with quad endowed weapons might be a nice start while they wont do as much as damage a quad card they can come reasonably close as well as revive what is sometimes a dead market for dedicated forgers unfortunately

also for this are you talking <8.2 or up to 13.2? beyond episode 9 where mail/sword breakers are a thing i think alchemist could use a buff but below that their ability to break gear alone imo is pretty op and a good troll in pvp as a support class

It would be something like 13.2 as a base for mechanics and starting with content from episode 9. From then, it would get updated with modified episodes (Odin, Abyss dungeon, new equipment modified for pre-trans, and such).

About forged weapons, there would be no elemental converters so the only way to get endowed is being buffed directly by a Sage. Even so, I plan on improving a little bit those "very strong" bonuses from forged weapons.

Bullet

You can allow card to be utilized during forging,
possibility example:
1 star crumb + 1 flame heart + 1 skeleton worker card
=
Strong Fire Boned Gladius

Suspension

Back.

Considering replies, taking into account forge type skills for improving damage of cart revo seems good. Might improve mammonite to 700% damage, so it does equally damage as backstab.

Thanks everybody.

Mary Magdalene

Blacksmith Suggestion:

Hammerfall - Ignore VIT stun resistance, in exchange, lower the chance of stunning / lessen the stun duration.
" Not hurting somebody is a children's nonsense because you will really gonna hurt somebody even if you don't want to "

Suspension

That would go against the mechanics of the game. Also, they are already the best "stunners" out there, as Dancers will be a bit nerfed on distance.

Mary Magdalene

Quote from: Suspension on Jan 01, 2016, 01:26 PM
That would go against the mechanics of the game. Also, they are already the best "stunners" out there, as Dancers will be a bit nerfed on distance.

Oh yeah right forgot about that one, was thinking of customization lol.
" Not hurting somebody is a children's nonsense because you will really gonna hurt somebody even if you don't want to "