Have whitesmith become irrelevant over the years in pvp/woe and pvm?

Started by Kolby, Jul 03, 2015, 10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolby

I remember back in 2005 and 2006 they were one of the most annoying classes in which that they have the able to CT and pwn almost instantaneously and I used to to have difficult time in dealing with them. However, at the present time it's being used less and Creos are mostly used now and spam AD a lot. My question to you has Whitesmith become irrelevant over the years in pvp and to an extent pvm? People now hunt MVPs with Creos solo as AD is one of the most useful skill in hunting.
Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

ianr0k

I wouldn't say irrelevant from a PVP stand point, (for PVM, maybe), as of today, in most pre-renewal servers, not having outrageously high base and job levels, WS still hit hard as CT still does a lot of damage, if the right/good equipment permit, the only draw back of the skill for me is the one cell range it has since WS are whole lot softer than any other tanks out there, heck Stalkers tank better than them in my perspective.

Nothing to say about AD Creators only that it hurts whatever class/monster you are.

iro_ori

Yes they are irrelevant because the game and meta has evolved.

People didn't use to even use potions in pvp. Hell, some didn't even use potions in WoE and a lot used fat whites.

Also, people had noob builds back then compared to now. Most have 100 vit, or stun immune gears. People know too much about RO now. Bad builds rare.

monkeyblood

id say woe they are pretty much support but they rape pvp rooms. and as far as PvE it depends on how many luxury items you have. if you have IP,HF, and giganto you can do whatever the hell you want

Irreverence

Well, from a mid/high rate perspective, WS is one of the most offensively primitive classes you can play.

stack str, fill cart, spam 1 skill. reckon people just got bored with it, and only use it to kill certain classes.

Blinzer

WS is the class with the highest DPS in ragnarok online

but it's DPS, not massive chunks of your HP all at once

Mary Magdalene

Well on high rate, WS is really a good counter for paladins. They could just spam their cart termination without any worries in reflect and knockback and a very good damage (with thana card), also on other classes.

But also WS does have slightly weak def and HP.
" Not hurting somebody is a children's nonsense because you will really gonna hurt somebody even if you don't want to "

Gene

I still use WS for some boss hunts like beelz with pally and HP support, or valk with HP support. However they drain too much of my zeny since I play on mid and lowrates, better go on SBK bragi or some other alternative.

My server also improved WS pvp by adding in a custom set with chunks of resistance and improvements on CT damage and attack speed, it was good at one point when I went to BG with it, then I realized I drained too much zeny trying to kill people lmao.

Seriously, that zeny requirement is a pain on low rates.

Oh almost forgot to add, they're still the kings of farming in geffenia unless you want to use AD bombs just to farm zeny.

Triper

Zenny may hurt a bit but it's doable, consider it as some sort of a zenny sink, the main problem is that to use CT you need Cart Boost and that is like the easiest thing to counter in game.

You may have the strongest WS possible in game but comes a <insert a counter-class always needed in a WoE roster> and you're in the same state as a alt+f4 player, you do nothing.

Yozakura

People have become too obsessed with "proper" lineups and playing what you want isn't really a thing anymore.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Suspension

Quote from: Yozakura on Jul 05, 2015, 10:21 AM
People have become too obsessed with "proper" lineups and playing what you want isn't really a thing anymore.

^ Sadly, this.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

Kaleidoscope

I know this is a bit old, but id like to throw my 2 cents in this.

WS is one of the more primitive style PVP characters, but for trans HR servers they are still beastly. I mostly use them for counter class, but even with out a proper counter i can still pwn just about anything in pvp with a well equiped WS.

Builing on a WS's mobility tactics is big IMO. The damage and pliability is there, especially if you give one throw tomahawk... /gg

Inochi

Whitesmith still does great in PvP and PvM. I see lots of servers using whitesmiths as their primary zeny farming technique, but I do believe it is more than dead in War of Emperium and Battlegrounds.

If we are going to split hairs, I think the best that class can attend is a SE woe setting but using a blacksmith as the choice.

my 2 cents....  /o
<3

Kyo-Kusanagi-aka-GuessWho

Whitesmith are still one of the most feared and most stongest Killers on PVP and WOE.
Only thing that sucks is that Whitesmith needs to cast so many selfbuffs. That really really sucks.
Also most people dont know how to handle one.
Ragnarok Online Player since the very Beta. I'm still in love with the game.

ggwp

Quote from: Kyo-Kusanagi-aka-GuessWho on Nov 06, 2016, 06:18 AM
Whitesmith are still of the most feared and most stongest Killers on PVP and WOE.
Only thing that sucks is that Whitesmith needs to cast so many selfbuffs. That really really sucks.
Also most people dont know how to handle one.

TY for providing me new joke for my signature.

On PVP ? WS might shine , but they wont get "most strongest killer"
On WOE ? good luck surviving to get melee range of a stack.