Straightforward up-to-date build/stats/equips for DD (AD-only) creator (BG/PVP?)

Started by Leamee, May 19, 2011, 02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leamee

Hey guys,

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could suggest a straightforward creator build to me.
I want to start BGing right away so I'll have all of the BG equips at my disposal pretty quickly I hope but that's it.
Rates are fairly high, mvp x1.
The server is new so most bosses haven't been killed yet and I'm just looking for a good build that's easy to use.

CrimsonRed

Creo is only fun to play when theres bragi around, otherwise you will find your DPS frustrating in my experience.
your standard DPS creo build is pretty straightforward.
Stats:
99 Dex
99 Int
25 str to carry s***.

Gear:
-Triple rapid elemental sword
-Anti-Stun Dark bashilrium
-Valk Armor with ED/Marc
-Valk Shield with Thara /Thorny shield if you wanna wield HOTB)
-Proxy skin with Nox
-Diablo boots with Green ferus
-Double medals of honor or HOTB if you're going for a more chunky build.

Creos basically need high ASPD, high int and high dex, aspd to reduce the delay in AD's animation, INT for damage, dex for casting.
now this build is no fun if you lack the gear mentioned above, if you wanna go with BG stuff you'd be basically packing more vit to prevent living in that stun hell, the other popular creo build has higher HP, but the casting suffers, it basically goes like this:
Agi: 1~20 base
Vit: 80~90 with bonus
Int: 99 base
Dex: 50~70 base

and you'd be using the following stuff:
-triple rapid ele sword
-feather beret/Large baphomet horn(def)
-blush of groom
-Genteleman's pipe
-Elite engineer's armor with marc/ed
-HOTB+thorny shield
-Battle greave's with green ferus
-Noxious captain's manteau
-Medal of honor.

with this you'd be a fcking walking tank, decent DPS through bragi and only Asura will take you down, however don't expect to take out any target worth dropping if you're not near bragi. this is all off the top of my head, haven't played creo since visionRO

leokimah

Quote from: CrimsonRed on May 19, 2011, 03:50 PM
with this you'd be a fcking walking tank, decent DPS through bragi and only Asura will take you down, however don't expect to take out any target worth dropping if you're not near bragi. this is all off the top of my head, haven't played creo since visionRO

The bold explains why the build is terribly outdated.

Cool story being a tank with 80-90 Vit you'd be dropped by AD way faster than a champ would be able get to you in melee range to asura.

CrimsonRed

oh right asura and AD lolol, battlegrounds is all situational anyways, but I see your point.
oh well still the first one should be what people run anyways.

leokimah

Nah no one runs or shouldn't be running ele swords anymore. HoTB is rarely used and medals should never be something you default. They are only useful under slow grace and other situations.

Just replace the triple rapid ele sword with either a quad rapid knife, or go weaponless. Cause you can't get 190 aspd with an ele sword with a properly built clown and without losing out on 10 dex which gives a ton more overall dps compared to the 4 int you'd get from the ele sword. Run double nimble orleans with a hide swap if your clowns have a brain and aren't running 1 agi builds like they did back in 2009 you will be fine with this. If they are running 1 agi builds and don't know how to rift you can just drop an orleans glove and use a medal, or HoTB if the BG's are really Lulzy.

Leamee

So what build and stats would you suggest leokimah? It makes sense to go weaponless actually because yeah the different is slight and sadly enough you can't spam that well when you have a weapon.

CrimsonRed

dang s*** surely changed for creo ever since visionRO then lol, I would sell off my elemental swords for 500m and s*** :<
but man again it's all situational, you bring up the ideal points but in battlegrounds you can run around with a scrubby build doing whatever anyways lol

leokimah

The generic 99/70 build is basically this.

99 dex
99 int
25 agi
last point into str obviously. Neglecting agi to get str especially on a DD chem is not a good choice since you have Enlarged Weight Limit and a cart.

Though you can play around with it if you please it really depends on what customs your server has to offer like how easily +10 foods are obtainable, stat boxes, halo - halo, and custom equips. So just stick with the generic build if none of those are available.

CrimsonRed's gear set is current for the most part minus what i mentioned afterwards. I'd suggest something like this as end equips.

Quad rapid knife > weaponless: Weaponless is better with 180 > aspd. Meaning swap your weapon off when you get slow graced.
+5 DBash or Holy Marcher Hat: with stalactic golem card. You will need slotted sunnies with another stalactic if you choose to run hmh instead of +5 DBash.
Valkyrie Armor: ED/Marc. Depending on how many salamander and fbh wizards are around. If there are a lot use marc if there aren't you can get away with defaulting ED easily in BG's.
Proxy Skin: The card for this is entirely situational i personally never default a specific card. The best are Jakk and Noxious. Jakk is good against salamander wizards while noxious is best against physical ranged dps like FAS and FA.
Diablos Boots: Matyr Card.
Orleans gloves: x 3 Zerom/Zerom/Smokie. BG Medals for situations like slow grace to keep aspd for dps.

Remember to have lots of speed pots to keep from getting FF'd easily. Carry about 100+ berserk pots in your cart, and 15-20ish in your inventory at all times cause dispell is your worst enemy on this class. Other consumes and misc should be obvious xD.

Quote from: CrimsonRed on May 19, 2011, 06:57 PM
dang s*** surely changed for creo ever since visionRO then lol, I would sell off my elemental swords for 500m and s*** :<
but man again it's all situational, you bring up the ideal points but in battlegrounds you can run around with a scrubby build doing whatever anyways lol

Yeah for purely BG's you can get away with some insane builds really depends on the server though. I like to experiment on new builds and BG is an excellent place to try this.

Triper

Thin Blade with 2 Cecils isn't that bad too if you can't get a elemental sword or a 4 cecils knife.

CrimsonRed

leokimah

Why do you need vit on a 1 vit class?

Matyr =  +1 agi +10% max HP.
Green Ferus = +1 vit +10% max HP.

+1 extra vit nearly doubles the damage. Well it's more like 150 extra damage you take from AD just from 1 single stat, and yes you'll still get AD'd even with 1 vit in BG lol.

CrimsonRed

o dang didn't even remember Matyr was +1 Agi LOL.
illustrative thread

fluidin

ad creo is the goddamned easiest thing to build. leo's post is about right
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.