Which wand is better?

Started by venxie, Mar 31, 2011, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

venxie

For a bolter professor in a 255/120 highrate servee, delays are not nerfed, which wand is better:

Warlock battle wand:
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?iname=battle+wand&itype=-1&page=item_db&quick=1&isearch=Search

or

Warlock magic wand:
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?iname=magic+wand&itype=-1&page=item_db&quick=1&isearch=Search
??

If there are better weapon choices, feel free to post them below thanks!

Gene

Both are good.

Note that the second one has wrong description if you read the script.

If you're facing a highly mdef geared enemy, use the second one. It ignores 25% mdef.

Otherwise, if the enemy is using tao gunka or has low mdef use the first one.

venxie

which mdef does it ignore, is it the first one? x or y or both? (mdef xx+ yyy)

Gene

I'm not sure about Y, since it only decreases damage a little that it's hard to notice

but I'm very sure that it ignores hard mdef, X.

X is called hard mdef or def.
Y is called soft mdef or def.

venxie

ohh i see. thanks! which wand to use on gtb carded enemies btw? (gtb is at 50% reduction)

Rien

Logically the second one would work on the 50% reduction.

Leamee

Or you can get SOP +10 (EZ), it's prolly cheaper and you won't have to grind (bg)

Freedom

QuoteOr you can get SOP +10 (EZ), it's prolly cheaper and you won't have to grind (bg)

Assuming he's on a HR[255/120], Staff of Piercing +10 isn't used that much.
If I offended you, too bad.

Leamee

Yeah, you're probably right but it can still be useful depending on the situation. That said he's most likely able to get any weapon he wants so yeah. But we don't know since he hasn't answered yet :p

uncelebrated

Quote from: Leamee on Apr 02, 2011, 05:43 AM
Or you can get SOP +10 (EZ), it's prolly cheaper and you won't have to grind (bg)

Most HR have item malls for things like BG equips.  Also, on HRs (or any LR/MR PvP server) using "cheaper" or "easier to get" or otherwise significantly inferior items won't get you very far unless everyone on the server but you is a noob.

'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Leamee

On our serv everyone bots/ uses Maya Purple filter / macro in pvp, so I never go there really. I think PvP in those conditions is an utter waste of time.

venxie

no custom item malls to buy the "good stuff e.g. thanatos card" only item malls for "starter stuff" like gakkung, adventurer suit, etc..
macro is blocked by harmony shield. basically equips are obtained thru the normal way (grinding if u may). i just wanna get the best bang for the BG badge xD