Help!Battle Sage!

Started by trauma10, Aug 15, 2009, 05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trauma10

Hello!
I'm playing at a official server rates(1/1/1).
So basically i'm a new in playing ro.
i saw a battle sage and it impresses me,
what's the build for it?
skills?
equips?
tnx!
ΓΌ ;D

SilverStream~

Agi and Int, Str, Dex.

The agi is to hit faster and gain some flee(because you're going head on with monsters and you have very little hp)

Int is your main damage dealer because of your bolts. You will also need a linker to make full use of this build.

Str is to do damage with your melee attacks, so you will do damage wether or not your magic is doing good or bad damage.

Dex is to hit the monsters you are meleeing.  However, you don't need to actually hit the monsters in order to trigger hindsight.  You only have to attack them, so dex is the stat you will focus the least on.

That's it basicly.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

fluidin

Battle sage or linked auto-spell sage?

There's a difference.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

trauma10

Battle Sage,
w/o linked.
Does dex a priority?
or it should be stayd at only 1?
does the imp/siroma cards affect the damage of the auto cast fire/cold bolt?

SilverStream~

Yes siroma cards upp the damage of cold bolt, and vice versa for imp.

A battlesage is inferior by a milestone compared to a battlehindsightsage.  No one would go a "normal" battle(melee focus) with a sage.  It's not even built for that.

Dex is you own choice.  If you are using imp cards and siroma, there's not really any need for dex.  You have none support skills and you won't be replying on dex to cast at all.

And you don't need dex to physically hit the monster because hindsight triggers without hitting, only by targeting(and each strike you do to the monster).
If you go pure int agi though, and get flee gear and whatnot you won't be needing str at all.

Some put a little str but that's a waste.  Your aspd and int is what counts.  You also need a linker as I said.  The build is one of the most powerful ones in the game, and you can mvp easily with it.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

trauma10

ahh tnx silverstream!
just one more thing,
what are the skills i supposed to have when i'm mage?
there's so many to choose from.
but are the bolt type magic is the main focus on this build?
and btw what isa HindSight?the skill of a sage?

SilverStream~

When you turn to sage you can get the skill named Hindsight.  That allow you to cast low level bolts at a 25% trigger chance with each melee hit.

The sage link allows you to cast lvl 10 bolts instead of lvl1~4.

If you're playing on a private server, you most likely have a stat and skill resetter, if it's a official one, you stat as I said earlier, and your skills would be firebolt, colt bolt, Frost diver and lightning bolt.

The bolts are the main focus of the hindsight build.  You need to learn all the bolts you want to use with hindsight so you need firebolt and the others.

Another fun thing is that you can do a multi element attack on your enemy.  Mostly you can only manage two or three, but if you get instant cast and 190 aspd you can actually attack with 4 elements at the same time.

Mostly you can use(if in pvp), water element on your melee and hindsighting firebolt, or the opposite.  So there are many different ways of using the talents.  When you hit Scholar you will be able to cast duble bolts, which also work with hindsight.  It's an incredible skill and the power is just insane.

A nice combo that I discovered worked really well with a hindsight sage, was the Garm+Garm Baby combo.  It's Garm on armor(if you manage to get the card), and garm baby(which has 5% to cast frost diver on your enemy).

With this combo you have a chance to cast frost diver at a 30% trigger rate on each melee, that procs alongside with the hindsight which triggers at a 25% rate.  So you can use this together and unleash the most powerful attack combo ever.

By using this you cast water element and lightning element at the same time, without casting anything, making your lighting bolts do duble damage if they procs right after the frost diver. At the same time you can cast fire bolt, making your elements a whooping 3 at the same time.  Then you think about that you would be using a Book of apocalypse you attack with 4 elements at the same time(you can slot this book to [2], allowing your garm combo).

That is the easiest way of attacking with 4 elements, but if you play on a mid rate or whatever, and can get 190 aspd and instant cast you can attack with 5 elements at the same time, but that means you have to change your bolt usage a bit and it requires alot of perfect timing.

I used to play scholar and sages alot before haha, don't hesitate to ask about anything.

Orange

If you don't plan on using any skills at all but auto spell, You could get abra and use it to try to get buffs(Steel body, Critical explosions, Concentration, Improve concentration... etc)

This however needs a fair few skill points spent
:3

SilverStream~

No abra takes up way too much points, and you need two gemstones each time you use it.

trauma10

thankyou for the tips SilverStream and Orange,
i'll make note the sage i made for you
thanks!
really help me alot
;D

Orange

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Aug 15, 2009, 08:46 PM
No abra takes up way too much points, and you need two gemstones each time you use it.

well with a melee prof what skills do you use? :/
:3

SilverStream~

Quote from: Orange on Aug 16, 2009, 08:42 AM
Quote from: SilverStream~ on Aug 15, 2009, 08:46 PM

well with a melee prof what skills do you use? :/

Yeah you're right in a way, but you put points where it counts and where it's useful, not mash them all into abra.