Stun issues on a classic Wizard.

Started by Aeroskye, Jul 05, 2016, 10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeroskye

So I made a wizard with 120 int, 125 dex, and 30 vit Wizard. I should add that its a 99/50 classic server. My guild is yet to join WoE, but I am concerned on how I should tackle stunning my dancers.

Honestly I couldn't swallow the idea of being a vit wizard during WoE who either casts s*** slow or does puny damage considering the fact that mdef gears are a common thing during this era.

Any tips on how I deal with stun? Any idea other than having a priest spam recov. continuously on you with a devo crusader? Also, how would it fair out during WoE.

For defensive pre-cast the idea is to cast and hurt with MS spams and stack em.

What say?

vashgibz13

Thats the best you can do. Once the dancers come in, your guildmates monks or other killers should bring it down quick.

Aeroskye

That's fine during defense, how do you approach attack?

flipflop9000

You can hope that you don't get stunned or that the enemy team gypsy doesn't use scream. Even if you get recov spammed, gypsy scream delay>recov delay. Plus, your already casted skills will get cancelled by stun(I think). For attack, don't worry about it. Lol. Not really very much you can do except spam as much as you can.

Playtester

Anything below 60 Vit is just too bad for PT WoE. You will just be perma stunned.

Also strongly depends on server setup. Official stun from scream has 4000ms aftercast delay and doesn't actually stop you. But it's different on most private servers.

Chojiro

MS isn't even strong when your enemies wear a marc, stacking tons of meteors actually does nothing on a warp with loki when your enemy has gear, probably better to use JT. MS is only useful because there's no decent other AoE damage besides SG+LoV (which doesn't stack).
beep beep

Zereges

Quote from: Chojiro on Jul 09, 2016, 08:06 PM
MS isn't even strong when your enemies wear a marc, stacking tons of meteors actually does nothing on a warp with loki when your enemy has gear, probably better to use JT. MS is only useful because there's no decent other AoE damage besides SG+LoV (which doesn't stack).
You probably never played WoE with multiple wizards on warp.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

ggwp

Its 99/50 classic server , wizard have less than 130 dex and bard wont able to reach enough after cast delay reduce for spamming decent MS.

thenix

You need a dedicated Priest who will spam Status Recovery on you.

Other than that, you would need to sacrifice your DEX and INT and pour in more VIT, + use a headgear with Stalactic Golem card.

If Dark Bacilium is available in your server, that will do the trick as well.

Personally - I'm a fan of 99 int 99 dex and just having a solid support + party with you. That's the most powerful a Wizard can be during WoE.

yennar

choose one or two, i couldn't decide:

dude that post is over 2 years old
Dark Baci on Classic Servers rock
For Vit you have to sacrifice dex/int - rly?
Vit + Stala Card don't stack
stat rec was already dismissed first post
most powerful wizard in WOE.. i see.

Zereges

I don't understand how can someone write a post, that is so wrong. Can we get +1 and facepalm buttons yC?  /lv
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Aeroskye

Aeroskye

Quote from: thenix on Jun 07, 2018, 02:39 AM
You need a dedicated Priest who will spam Status Recovery on you.

Other than that, you would need to sacrifice your DEX and INT and pour in more VIT, + use a headgear with Stalactic Golem card.

If Dark Bacilium is available in your server, that will do the trick as well.

Personally - I'm a fan of 99 int 99 dex and just having a solid support + party with you. That's the most powerful a Wizard can be during WoE.

PT WoE so no Bacillium. No stalactic either. Also 99 vit 99 dex would mean perma stun in any server with average standard of WoE. Anyway, I had made a Wizard with 70+ vit and high int. Worked like a charm. Bragi is enough if its build to suit the guild's wizards and considering your guild has multiple wizards stacking MS and other AOE.