scholar

Started by -Shadow-, Mar 03, 2010, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shadow-

what skill I use for pvp vs high wizard?? Tq

Tom~

What is the max level cap on your server?
If it's 99/70... you, alone, can't kill a wizard. Good professors are most of the time support profs.
You can use Soul Burn, Soul Change/Health Conversion if it fails, Spell Breaker, Land Protector, Dispell... etc. Bolter profs are not really good for PvP/WoE, or at least, i've not seen any good bolter profs.

If the max level cap is higher, let's say 255, use LP, Soul Burn, Double Casting, and bolts... if the wizard is wearing a maya/frus/cat o' ninetails card, you can always use Thunder Storm/Heavens Drive.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

fluidin

stack mdef gear, and slowly soul burn them to death.

or serk pot and whack them with a ledger of death if you're support.

or you could bolt/hindsight, but i'm not sure about those builds.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Relics

Well it does depend on the rates, but more often support profs seem to choose to main atleast one bolt.. like firebolt because of the 25%+ extra damage accessory cards for light/fire bolt.

Professors are imo the best counter vs a wizard, sburn, dispell, mrod, spellbreak, LP.. then Stone curse > web > volc > firebolt.. idk, they just have a lot of potential vs wizzies.

if you're a support, you shouldn't be running around with lvl 5 soul burn anyway (4 is fine), but that's just my opinion.

fluidin

full support profs generally dont main even one bolt. well, at least mine doesn't. you get s*** dmg with a FS build anw, no matter ur gear.

if you're rly FS, there is pretty much no way to reasonably kill a wiz outside of unorthodox methods (magic reflect, coma, blahblah).

disable, yes. tank, yes. ridicule, yes. but not kill.
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Tom~

Quote from: fluidin on Mar 03, 2010, 09:39 AMif you're rly FS, there is pretty much no way to reasonably kill a wiz outside of unorthodox methods (magic reflect, coma, blahblah).

disable, yes. tank, yes. ridicule, yes. but not kill.
Exactly. But generally, a prof doesn't enter a PvP room alone... on 99/70 servers, I mean. Parties were made for alot of reasons, and I believe PvP is one of them. You can always burn the wiz's SP and let another member of your party kill him/her.

But as I said, on a 255+ server, use LP/Soul Burn/Dispell, and use bolts. If he uses any reflect gear, use TS or HD.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Relics

yea no reason for a support prof to enter PvP room without a team :|

you'd just be wasting gems/webs and disabling people for the lulz(?)

@fluidin, with a full support statbuild i wouldn't main a bolt either, but usually.. the ones that do decide to up their int by a notch.

i'll always favor full FS prof though, without a bolt main or w/e oddities.

.::AsSaSsiN-X::.

And why is my hw cant do magic on prof....
my magic is useless.... i use sg but it useless...
what skill that prof use..??
thx..

Zen!, Fury, Zen!, [glow=black,2,300][color=white]阿修羅覇凰拳[/color][/glow]...

fluidin

magnetic earth aka land protector.

anw as a high wiz just forget about soloing profs, it's impossible unless the profs are very very terribad.

.::AsSaSsiN-X::.

So my HW cant defeat prof..??
How to defeat prof, if i cant use my magic..??

Zen!, Fury, Zen!, [glow=black,2,300][color=white]阿修羅覇凰拳[/color][/glow]...

fluidin

u cant defeat prof.. i'm serious. there's pretty much no way that a hwiz can defeat prof.

Cylen

It's actually depends on your MDEF gears and you really should be very fast and there's a lot of different situations but, 99/70 - Soul Burn Lvl 4, Dispell, Spell Break then Stone Curse then web > volc > firebolt = 99% of HW'z dead.