professor help

Started by kuk2211, Jul 09, 2010, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuk2211

what card is good in weapon of a professor??

does high wizard card works on players??? ??? ???

Fantaxy

High Wizard card works on players but I'm guessing thats a HR server which may cause people to have tao gungka which leads to -50 mdef.

About cards.....
Necromancer card?

kuk2211

Tom~

HW does work on players, and it's pretty much required to PvP effectively on a HR with a bolter prof. Necromancer card would be useless if you are using HW, so... maybe stripping/breaking cards such as metaling/whitesmith.

If you're going to use HW, don't use SoP. Use a necro rod.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

kuk2211

SoP....and what a necro rod?? ???

Tom~

SoP = Staff of Piercing.

Necro rod doesn't exist, my bad. I meant to say Lich's bone wand, which is dropped by Necromancer.

Fantaxy

[+ Slotted Rod]
INT + 1, Add a 2% Magical Defense.

:S

SoP and Lich Bone's Wand or

Staff of Destruction
http://ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=2000&small=1&back=1

Tom~

^ It's 2-handed, though, and I'd rather have a Thara/Maya card than +5% more MATK lol.

Fantaxy

Upgrading it has a huge advantage.

On a sidenote wearing SoP and HW card sucks when your opponent is wearing a tao gunka due to the -50 mdef.

Ganondorf

I'd say use a High Wizard Card, but then use a +9/+10 Lich's Bone Wand with either Pitman Cards or Hillwind Cards, I usually go with one of each for diversity.  These cards enhance the damage of Heaven's Drive and Thunderstorm (your only AoEs) by 5%.  Much more helpful to enhance damage when you've got the power to completely ignore the MDEF of the enemy.  If the Bolts are default delay on your server, Kiel Cards wouldn't hurt either.

High Rate Professors who are geared like this have a nice advantage, but they usually run into the same problems.

- Golden Thief Bug Card.  Not many High Rate servers are dumb enough to leave this card default though.  Most of them add a new effect or just make it resist magic by X%.

- Some people (not very many though, so don't worry) are smart enough to switch to all resist gears against the particular Bolt you are using, so if you see quick decreases in damage, just keep switching your Bolt elements every 2-3 casts or so.

- Pretty much any Swordie/Acolyte class will destroy you if they have Tao Gunka and a Maya.  This forces you to try using Heaven's Drive and Thunderstorm which aren't very strong for pure damage dealing, and are easily countered by using a Sandman Card in their armor and if it's a Paladin/High Priest/Champion, they will easily out-Heal that damage with a couple Bacsojin Cards.

If all else fails, and these people are making you mad, you could always reset your stats to have all STR/LUK and run in with a Book of the Dead to Coma them.  Though I'm pretty sure that GTB Card counters Coma.