My PvP/WoE High Wizard.

Started by awesooomeHW, May 05, 2011, 12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leamee

And full of beginner players, to be polite.
Hard def is always better than no hard def (against SG, etc) but yeah it's not a priority.
My new guild just gave me Dboots and VA and will also give me Dark Bashir and they told me to lower my vit and switch with Valky shield and thara.
Didn't get further instructions but basically that's the kind of equipment you should wear (or FB or whatever).
If your guild doesn't have that or if you can't get it yourself there's something wrong.
Status immunity FTW

leokimah

I'm talking about hard def not mdef. The only mdef you should really have is from gears like valkyrie shield and various BG equipments.
I agree with you though it's better than nothing but it's definitely not necessary. I'm a perfectionist and +5 my equips instead of +4  :D

VA on a HW ?___?. Horn is better than thara in GvG's btw. Unless the server you currently play has some custom mechanics going on.

Leamee

My main is a Sin X, my GM is an HW, and I don't know what armor he has.
And I don't agree when it comes to horn.
Let me explain why. So let's say I'm a grimtooth Sin X. I'll probably get OSed by most things but 5% from horn won't make a big difference. Let's say I have a 5% chance of surviving another Sin X's EDP SB.
If I wear thara (switch not main since I need a katar, duh) I'm safe, most likely.
If I wear horn I'm dead.
However it depends on the class. I'd say if you're long range wear horn as you have no HP and will get OSed by anything.
If you're DD (Sin X LK Paladin non-ranged) go for thara.
And I think thara is the safest choice but again depends on your class.

leokimah

You can carry both. You just need to switch when needed.

The server i play SinX's, WS and LK's do not exist in WoE cause they are useless.
It's all about long range GvG's for 2 hours.

Mushu

Quote from: leokimah on May 08, 2011, 08:26 PM
You can carry both. You just need to switch when needed.

The server i play SinX's, WS and LK's do not exist in WoE cause they are useless.
It's all about long range GvG's for 2 hours.

This right here applies to most bigger servers... SinXs just fall over after 1 sb (if they can get that in before getting revealed), WS don't even get to melee range before they die, LK can only spiral (which does crap damage)

Ganondorf

The only reason for you to get LUK as a High Wizard is if you're playing a Renewal server or you're being a troll on a pre-Renewal server.

If there aren't any Gypsies roaming around in your WoE scene then you MIGHT get away with a build like that, but even then, if you're not on a leash during the whole WoE and your enemy finds out that you're a glass cannon, you can guarantee that the Earthern Bows, Stun Arrows, Poison Arrows, Silences and all the statuses of the rainbow will be coming for you.  Having at least 40+ VIT and a Stalactic Golem Card and a Marduk Card if possible is a better idea in my opinion.  After all, what's the point in having the ability to nuke your enemies if you're dead before you're done casting, right?

Ace

@Topicstarter

Those are not bad stats you got there.

If you have skills then you can own everyone ^^