Making an endow weapon sage: leveling as fast as possible/ places/ skills?

Started by Leamee, Feb 25, 2011, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leamee

Hey guys,

My WS and my Sniper are both in dire need of an endow slave. My aspersio HP isn't enough anymore as she doesn't control 4 elements.

I've never played sage before and I wouldn't invest too much money into the character as I'm already full stuff (minus accessories but that's a detail if you want to make a slave).

Which skills should I put first so that I can level smoothly and get all the endow skills as soon as possible?
I thought about doing quests for low-level chars and then the sharp leaves one - I have a truckload of them because I spent time in nidhoggur's nest.
However, I'd probably need to wait till I'm job 45 or so to become a sage because of the requirements and the smooth-leveling part.

Skills:
FB lvl 10 (needed)
CB lvl 10 (maybe 9 will see)
Frost Driver lvl 2-5 (better than nothing)
Stone Curse lv 1 (prereq)
Lightning bolt lv 1-8 (prereq)

I don't know if those skills are good for leveling. I'm aware of the fact that I'll spend a ridiculous amount of time killing geographers and the like so I should probably spare myself the humiliation of killing plants for 5 hours straight and change jobs as fast as possible.

That said as a sage I'd need about 30 points to max out all the endow spells which I think is a lot but I guess it's worth it - after seeing that Sniper in Nidhoggur I really want to get a sage.

Also, what should I get for the cobweb skill?

That's it, thanks for reading!

uncelebrated

'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Leamee

Sorry but that's not very helpful. I'm mainly asking about the build. I don't need to get a 99 Professor, just a measly sage.
An exp quest takes about 20 minutes and I'm pretty sure that there are better options for a low-level.
Moreover, I'm looking for a good skill tree, mainly.

uncelebrated

Quote from: Leamee on Feb 26, 2011, 05:01 PM
Sorry but that's not very helpful. I'm mainly asking about the build. I don't need to get a 99 Professor, just a measly sage.
An exp quest takes about 20 minutes and I'm pretty sure that there are better options for a low-level.
Moreover, I'm looking for a good skill tree, mainly.

I didn't say anything about a 99 Scholar.

With repeatable exp quests, you can go from 1-55, or whatever level you'll need to have all 4 endows.  Mage skills don't matter if you quest to Sage because the only skills an endow slave needs are the endow skills.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Leamee

I guess that's a good point. I thought about using a sage for farming purposes but I'm not a big fan of mage classes - I feel most comfortable playing Whitesmith and my Sniper is decent especially now that I have found all the equipment I needed for her.

lfserver

Stick to what celebrated said. if on your server there are no repeatable quests, try the typical mandragora,mettalings,geos, goats, greates generals, mi gaos. As long as you want endows only this should be enough.

If you're playing on a retro server without geographers, get cold bolt 10 hit GG-s till around 50+, change class, hop on agriopes or ask ppl to help you on marionettes, dark frames.

Leamee

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I appreciate it. I have 2 siroma cards that I planned to put in clips for now so I'll probably go find some monsters that don't like cold bolt.
That said Fire bolt is very good too, I'll see what I can do really. Depends on when I actually make my endow sage, I've been busy lately.

monty000

Well I would go more for imp card with firebolt. Use can use it on many earth element place. with Siroma, I can only thing of Magma dungeon and Thor. But, it is always good to have both! So for PvP it is even better to trick the opponent.
Learn How You Can Grow Taller 1-3 Inches With My Full Support.

Leamee

Getting imp card is kind of hard with the rates (x35). My sniper isn't fully geared yet and until I make about 20M (which will happen if I sell those boss monster items) I can't really shell out more money. That said, I'll take your suggestions into account and see if I can do magma dungeon. Thanks!

lfserver

Oh god... imp cards on PvP sage... I mean who make bolters anyway...

Leamee

I don't PVP so I didn't pay attention to that particular suggestion. And if I PVP-ed I wouldn't bring my sage, I'd use my WS instead as she would at least have a fighting chance given her equipment. As I mentioned at the beginning of the thread I'm merely making a slave, I might send her to manuk field if I feel like it so yeah in that particular situation a bolter sage would be nice but I'm talking PvM here.