Mage guide plz!

Started by jackcyj1, May 15, 2008, 08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackcyj1

I totally nid a mage guide n plz include the

skills tat nid to be added n stats to be added
Ultimate Darkness Lies Within You....Even You Don't Know It...

yC

it depend if u wanna be a sage or wizard ...

Adam

server rates would help aswell, since some tactics are quite pointless on higher rates..

but anyway,
mostly int
dex for fast cast (150 instant cast)
vit for staying alive
no luck
no agi
no str

and get a good rod. evil bone wand is a goodun.

Majora_younglink

Quote from: Adam on May 16, 2008, 07:08 AM
server rates would help aswell, since some tactics are quite pointless on higher rates..

but anyway,
mostly int
dex for fast cast (150 instant cast)
vit for staying alive
no luck
no agi
no str

and get a good rod. evil bone wand is a goodun.

I disagree highly on that build. No mage build is complete without at least some agi if you plan to solo like ever, otherwise an int and dex build could work I guess. And evil bone wand is about the lowest tier in rods for mages. >.>

Also skill specialization would help, as builds also depend on that.

Pandora

I never had any agi on my mage o.o, I rely on monsters not touching me, that is either firewall/frost diver or making sure the monster is dead before it reaches you XD

I usually build my mage with fire. Firebolt 10 + Firewall 10 are my priority then I can go hunt mandragora -> flora -> geographer. I could also kill Argiope, Soil (and mantis), etc.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

yC

Quote from: Pandora on May 16, 2008, 05:27 PM
I never had any agi on my mage o.o, I rely on monsters not touching me, that is either firewall/frost diver or making sure the monster is dead before it reaches you XD

I usually build my mage with fire. Firebolt 10 + Firewall 10 are my priority then I can go hunt mandragora -> flora -> geographer. I could also kill Argiope, Soil (and mantis), etc.

that's exactly what i think and where i would go except i would add in alarm and clock for some extra "excitement" since geo & soil could be boring after some time.

Firewall 10 is a must for me, for mage going for wizard i am not sure if lvl 10 firebolt is good.  When i used to make wiz everyone just go for lvl 4 firebolt and cold bolt 5, frost diver 10 then lighting bolt 4 just to get into all 3 elements, if you are going for job 50 u could get more bolts or get NB 4 then Soul strike 9 ... or even open safety wall then level it more later.

Pandora

Yeah, if your server doesn't have reset then don't get firebolt 10, get it at 4 only. It's just longer to level that way sadly. I usually reset once I get to wiz.

Another fun and easy way to level mage is with lightning bolt over at ice cave, but you need someone to tank them because your firewall/frost diver will not affect them.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

Majora_younglink

Quote from: Pandora on May 16, 2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah, if your server doesn't have reset then don't get firebolt 10, get it at 4 only. It's just longer to level that way sadly. I usually reset once I get to wiz.

Another fun and easy way to level mage is with lightning bolt over at ice cave, but you need someone to tank them because your firewall/frost diver will not affect them.

Thats why you get some agi. >.>

Personally I never liked making the generic int/dex build as at higher levels you NEED a tank and a party to do anything. Course everyone has their taste I suppose.

jackcyj1

Alright thx guys! So i shld add Dex to 150 so tat it is instant casting n int of cuz its a must for depend on MAttks n vit for health rite....  Okay thx! ;D
Ultimate Darkness Lies Within You....Even You Don't Know It...

AlviN

str mage like combat mage!!!
pack that sheet!

Majora_younglink

Quote from: AlviN on May 17, 2008, 11:58 PM

Wouldn't that be more sage like than combat mage? Also I've never seen a str oriented Wiz, I kinda wanna see one. :)

AlviN

Quote from: Majora_younglink on May 18, 2008, 07:21 AM
Quote from: AlviN on May 17, 2008, 11:58 PM

Also I've never seen a str oriented Wiz, I kinda wanna see one. :)

well i remember my friend b4 whipping tharas n rodas @ lvl 50 bcoz he's str mage...  :D ;D
pack that sheet!

Pandora

Yeah to each their own ^_^ I still prefer dex/int and I have no problem leveling at high level, I'm 97 wiz and I like to party but I can also solo.

lol @ combat mage. Actually with a dagguer of counter you can do some nifty damage and you crit at 90%!

Majora_younglink

Quote from: Pandora on May 20, 2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah to each their own ^_^ I still prefer dex/int and I have no problem leveling at high level, I'm 97 wiz and I like to party but I can also solo.

lol @ combat mage. Actually with a dagguer of counter you can do some nifty damage and you crit at 90%!

Isn't that only with the refined version? And that counter makes me think "NERF!" really loudly in my head.

Pandora

It's both, check the item script they both have 90%, the refined one has more atk however.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&item_id=&iname=Dagger+of+Counter&itype=-1&islot_sign=-1&islot=-1&ij%5B+%5D=-1&i_ele=-1&i_status=-1&i_race=-1&i_bonus=-1&idesc=&iscript=&sort_r=0&isearch=Search

Jobs: Mage       Wizard       Sage       Soul Linker

Those classes have no special bonus with daggers, so it's not too unbalanced imo XD