Battle Sage Help~!

Started by athenae09, Apr 02, 2009, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

athenae09

Hey guys. :)
I'm currently trying to make a good battle sage.
Here are my current stats:

Base level: 67.

STR: 21
Agi: 46 + 4
Vit: 1 + 3
Int: 65 + 4
Dex: 40 + 9
Luk: 1 + 1

Im currently trying to pump my agi to somewhere around 60 first maybe? (final is 90)
and i'm planning to make my STR somewhere in the 40s.

Why only 40?
because i'll try to equip my weapon with cards with ATK + 20.
do you think its a good idea?

Where do you think i can level up?
i'm currently lurking somewhere either in Moscovia or the Geographer. (AGAIN. T_T)

Thanks. :)

Dean Stark

You could at least tell us the rates, max stats, max lvl, etc. Well, you could try using a Dagger of Counter or elemental books as not to waste any skill points on endows; go agi/int/dex and only a little of or no str; max Hindsight/Auto Spell; and get a soul link. As for leveling spots, you can try moscovia again or geffen 2.

This is to have good aspd which frequently activate auto spells while doing decent damage, due to high int. Str is not needed in doing damage. The important thing is aspd.

Hope this helps.

fluidin

99AGI/99INT. Get soul link, kaahi, swordfish armor, whisper muffler. Bazerald or sage's diary too.

Then go pwn Ice Dungeon 3 .__.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

mahawirasd

i've made 2 battle sages in 2 different servers with different rates etc (both still low-rates though).

my conclusion is:
99 AGI
AT LEAST 55 base STR (try to make it a round number divisible by 10)
and AT LEAST 70 total INT
DEX should be <10 or none at all (i give some points just to get that /5 +1 ATK bonus) same with LUK
give VIT the rest of your points for HP, status resistance, and survivability in general

the reason?
naturally MATK is determined by INT^2 /5 and /7 so that means you should either get 35, 70, or 105 total INT for INT to be efficient and effective.
STR is often undervalued in fun builds such as this, but i have grown to find that dagger of counters are easily accessible even with 1/1/0.5 rates and ppl seldom use them meaning that you can get some for an affordable amount of zeny. And i do realize that DoCs by themselves give pretty decent damage and why it is very important is basically to allow your mage to go full agi (even with no INT) since the beginning to up your chances of survival. However, the 55 base STR is important if one day you ever get that sage's diary... i have never gotten my hands on one, but with the diary and a cecil card i'm sure my autocasts will proc even more -> which makes up for the lack of hits that come in compared to 90 crit with the DoC

to start off, you should just go get a pantie and undershirt and that DoC.
as you get more money etc, go for a slotted undershirt and put in a kasa card or kavach icarus; i understand that flee is important, but IMHO having many autocast items are fun to watch (in my current server i have a kettle-hat that gives out random deluges and waterballs and of course the wind ghost card in a clip)
IMPORTANT: look for autocast items "ON ATTACK", and NOT those "WHEN HIT" because you are NOT supposed to get hit in the first place.

furthermore, with the DoC, a nice footgear card could be the zombie slaughter card. Not much choice in that department anyways (except for dark lord perhaps xP)...

basically it's a fun build, so just play it and i'm sure the best build for you will come to you on itself...

-w-

athenae09

Wow, that's really impressive.  :D

I just would like to ask if high STR is really worth it?
And since my Int isnt really high (currently still at 65) it's quite hard to find a place to level up.
Although instead of using daggers, i was originally planning to use books. does that seem like a good idea? o.O

and is that build not exactly dependent on soul linkers?

bleu

@Athenae09

You stated Valkyrie as your current server. Do you mean the official Valkyrie free to player servers?

Anyways, I noticed a few official videos on Battle Sages - but they are AGI/INT built.

Sage leveling at Ice Dungeon 03 from iRO [with Sage Diary]
[youtube=425,350]8_kHe_0eiRM[/youtube]

Scholar leveling at Ice Dungeon 03 from euRO [179 ASPD with Sage Diary, INT120]
[youtube=425,350]grQ5flLn-C0[/youtube]

Scholar leveling at Magma Dungeon 01 from euRO [184 ASPD with Dagger of Counter, STR18, INT112 ]
[youtube=425,350]A8_kGaiCvk8[/youtube]

Scholar leveling at Sphinx 04 from an unknown server [with Bare Fist]
[youtube=425,350]2f7xryvMw3g[/youtube]
(Anubis is a bit harder - coz of Stun (Sonic Blow), Critical Wound, Curse, etc... )

The idea of Dagger of Counter seems an interesting one. However does it do enough damage with endow on Large Size monsters to warrant med STR; sacrificing ASPD and MATK?

I believe all Battle Sages/Hindsight Sages/Auto-Cast Sages are dependent on Soul Link to be truly effective.

And another note; Battle Sages do not need much DEX or none at all. AutoCast spells does not have any Cast Time. And you don't actually need to achieve a "Hit" on your target to trigger AutoCast, it has a chance of triggering even if you missed the target. The higher ASPD, the move attacking hits you can do, the more chances you can trigger AutoCast. And INT for more Magic Damage.  /ok

Sarin

That gave me a crazy idea. Did anyone tried to do autocast with bare fist? ASPD would definitely be highest....

bleu

Quote from: Sarin on Apr 05, 2009, 07:23 PM
That gave me a crazy idea. Did anyone tried to do autocast with bare fist? ASPD would definitely be highest....

The Scholar leveling at Anubis was bare fist  /kis2

Sarin

Heh...I haven't watched those vids. But it seems like fun build....

mahawirasd

yes bleu, i understand your reservations regarding large sized monsters. And i do agree that we should mainly focus on AGI and INT (as you would see, my hybrid build is AGI>INT>STR), and i definitely agree with <10 DEX (as i said, only to get that bonus ATK).

BUT even with sage's diary, i really think you should get at least 60 base STR (for the Aspd bonus).

and yeah soul links would be grand, but my builds are based on conditions where you can't get those links and outside buffs at all... yes DoC will reduce Aspd a bit compared to bare hands, but not so much compared to books. And as i said before, 70 INT should be fine, getting INT to the 105 tier will reduce your carry weight and survivability (STR and VIT respectively) which will really limit your options.

going barefist would definitely boost Aspd, but you would be useless against high Mdef enemies, a reason why some STR and a DoC is not a bad idea at all compared to spending exorbitant amounts of stat points to get max INT...

-w-

fluidin

Apparently 2x Cecil Damon carded Sage Diary's would be better than a DoC or Bazerald any day.
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Aaronock

Dagger and Book have same aspd delay if you have study 10 I believe.  If you do not have study 10, daggers will be better overall due to better aspd coming from them.

athenae09

Yes. its the Valkyrie  Free to play server ;D

I watched the videos and i thought they were amazing builds. :D

The problem is I kind of placed a lot in my DEX, (stated at first post). Does that mean that being a battle sage doesnt really need  DEX?

I watched the video though. the first one. and it does pwnsome dmage. XD
Since its an Agi-Int build, the int of that player must've been around 80-99 right?
and it earns low damage against the ice titans (around 2oo+?) --- is this caused by uber high agi? D;
cause i tried with a hunter and it did 1000+ damage to me. o_O

I sort of calculated the final stats i can possibly have at level 99
here's what came out:
STR 35
VIT 25
AGI 90
INT 80
DEX 40

OR

STR 50
VIT 13
AGI 90
INT 75
DEX 40

Weapon: DoC? (I'll try to look for daggers with more slots maybe? to get cards with ATK +20)

bleu

Quote from: athenae09 on Apr 07, 2009, 11:50 AM
I watched the video though. the first one. and it does pwnsome dmage. XD
Since its an Agi-Int build, the int of that player must've been around 80-99 right?
and it earns low damage against the ice titans (around 2oo+?) --- is this caused by uber high agi? D;
cause i tried with a hunter and it did 1000+ damage to me. o_O

Do you mean the damage the Sage is receiving from the Ice Titans? Its not AGI which reduce the damage. It's mainly Gears - racial shield and DEF. You will also notice that the Sage autoheals himself, I believe he is using Kahii. A soul linker buff which allows himself to autoheal when being attacked. AGI/FLEE helps to avoid being hit.

Quote from: athenae09 on Apr 07, 2009, 11:50 AM
Weapon: DoC? (I'll try to look for daggers with more slots maybe? to get cards with ATK +20)

I dont think ATK should be your main concern. Your damage comes mostly from Autocast of magic attacks. It's Attackspeed you want, the faster the ASPD, the more chances you get to trigger Autocast spells; thus, killing your target faster.

fluidin

Gears you really need: Penomena Guard. Swordfish/Dokebi Armor. Sage's Diary/Bazerald. Whisper Garment.

Throw in Sage Link, a decent Kaahii, and you're set.