[Non-Renewal] [Classic] Battle Sage without Linker, bolts level ?

Started by Voryry, Jul 18, 2016, 02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voryry

The server I am currently playing has no Linker.

Looking at Hindsight, seems the highest level of any bolt that can be auto-triggered is only 3.

In that case, there is no point to get all the bolts to level 10. Is this correct ?

(No plan to cast manual bolts, because my Dex will be low. Except Soul Strike, will be maxed because it is fast cast.)

aguile

Once I did a Battle sage/professor just for fun, turned out I was able to go on WOE with him and got some interesting results

Some general advices I can think of:

Bolts on 10, Even if you cast slower, you can still cast them while hitting and moving (Phen Card is a MUST), It gives you a nice burst when doublecast is ON Remember to get Dispel and Stone Curse too

Stone Curse, Dispel and Fiberlock EVERYTHING THAT MOVES, it has a slow cast time even with low Dex and destroys about every buff dependent class, Fiber lock acts as an impromptu trap that can be used on those pesky assassins and can supplement your party Sniper traps

Magic Coat always ON, It gives you a good survivability that complement your high spell resistance (remember you can cast while hitting). That makes you quite tanky for a mage character.

Just to make sure, remember YOU CAN CAST WHILE HITTING AND MOVING, so even if you have a low DEX, you wont lose any DPS from bolt+hindsight+autoattack while casting.

Weapon, I used a Giant Encyclopedia because it was cheap and crits used to ignore armor and flee. Book of the Dead is nice too, didnt had the chance to use since it was too expensive. Get Phen card or any item that makes you casting uninterruptable.

Remember, you are not as "delicate" as the other sages, you are able to facetank with good vit+magic coat, high magic resistance and some flee. So dont be a coward, use the surprise factor

dreinor

Quote from: aguile on Jul 18, 2016, 04:50 PM
Once I did a Battle sage/professor just for fun, turned out I was able to go on WOE with him and got some interesting results

Some general advices I can think of:

Bolts on 10, Even if you cast slower, you can still cast them while hitting and moving (Phen Card is a MUST), It gives you a nice burst when doublecast is ON Remember to get Dispel and Stone Curse too

Stone Curse, Dispel and Fiberlock EVERYTHING THAT MOVES, it has a slow cast time even with low Dex and destroys about every buff dependent class, Fiber lock acts as an impromptu trap that can be used on those pesky assassins and can supplement your party Sniper traps

Magic Coat always ON, It gives you a good survivability that complement your high spell resistance (remember you can cast while hitting). That makes you quite tanky for a mage character.

Just to make sure, remember YOU CAN CAST WHILE HITTING AND MOVING, so even if you have a low DEX, you wont lose any DPS from bolt+hindsight+autoattack while casting.

Weapon, I used a Giant Encyclopedia because it was cheap and crits used to ignore armor and flee. Book of the Dead is nice too, didnt had the chance to use since it was too expensive. Get Phen card or any item that makes you casting uninterruptable.

Remember, you are not as "delicate" as the other sages, you are able to facetank with good vit+magic coat, high magic resistance and some flee. So dont be a coward, use the surprise factor

i think TS is referring to a classic server because he said there are no linkers available..XD so no dual casting and spider webbing..

anyway, i think the optimal Bolt level you will use is manual casting at level 7.. you can never rely on autocast which is 12.5% chance on landing level 1 bolt, 8.75% level 2 and 3.75% chance level 3.. manual casting + 60 strength + overupgraded double racial bible (Sage's diary if available from OBB) + endow + 85 int + decent aspd = Good damage output..:D

Bakorzero

I also use battle prof, it's fun However I use dagger of counter and gives me 90 crit chance :D 
I dont know why but the funny part is if you only put your freecast skill on lv 4 it actually boost your aspd atk while casting magic
A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Voryry

Thank you !

So I can see level 7 bolts is enough. Phen is a must. Endow is good. Freecast lvl 4, should try.

There is no dagger of counter in the server, unfortunately. And this is only a Sage, no trans in the server either.

Zereges

Phen card does not work on WoE (unless classic episode nostalgic minus 2 alpha version stuff is different).
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Bakorzero

Normal state aspd( with awake pot)
Spoiler
[close]
aspd while casting magic (with awake pot)
Spoiler
[close]
Actually I forgot whether it is the freecast or study anyway this is my current skill setup
Spoiler
[close]

HOWEVER I THINK THIS JUST BUG IN MY SERVER WHICH I DONT WANT IT TO BE REPAIRED :D

And its still havent been buffed by priest and not soul linked, with good equipment I think it will be better. You can heal your sp with your skill and heal your hp with vitata card. I usually solo with this. Dunno about pvp environment as I am not into that. Add some kasa card and also maybe you can endow the dagger of counter it will be blast XD

A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Voryry

I can't see anything in either Free Cast or Study skill description that specifically makes level 4 of either skills raises ASPD, compared to maxing them to lvl 10. Anyway I will check later, and if it is weird that way, I will post an update.

Not going to PVP or WoE with this character, it is just for PVM fun, so Phen will work.

I had done Hindsight with Linker on an Agi/Int Sage in different server before, now I want to try a Battle one.