ValkyrieRO?

Started by Abversen, May 14, 2010, 02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abversen

Wondering if there's anyone here that used to play this older server. Was a midrate, had a custom main town called Valhalla, long before BrowEdit was even being privately released. I was a GM there, kind of miss those days really.

Well! Reunion time, qq!

Scribbles

I know this is a topic necro, but still

This was my favorite server to play! Someone needs to bring this server back!

Tom~

Ohh, I played Valkyrie! At least I think I did... uh. Was that mid~high rate with 230x/230x/something rates, and max level 256 or 254 (not sure)? It was really fun, considering that it was one of my first private servers (played some spanish servers before). I can't remember any of my chars besides of Kelee, a SG. I was a member of a spanish guild... we sucked, seriously. I remember we all went into a castle and took it once, and then ONE guy from another guild came and killed us all. Lmao.

Anyway, yeah. It was fun. I wonder what happened to it, since I stopped playing way before it went down.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Scribbles

That sounds about right. It was the first server I looked for myself, before that I played what my friends were on. I didn't care too much for their sister server. But, I came back to the server a few days before it closed down and talked to the GM and apparently, if I can remember correctly, the owner was going to shut the server down. It all sounded really dramatic, but I was like 11 so I believed it.

*sigh*  ;-;

utsav_chs

Valkyrie RO..umm...vallah was a whitish-pink hued town i think...dont remember...still..might have played it...

Scribbles

This was their main town

utsav_chs

umm..I ont remember...but I dont think I was there...

Rudolph Zyaber

Lol I GM'd on this server.  Was my favorite ragnarok server to date.  The customs were God Tier and the PVP/WoE scene during it's peak was sick.  Then lots of drama happened and I left it and the admin DarkElement disappeared like 90% of all RO Admins do.
Bleh

Tom~

Lmao. I never got involved with the rest of the community. The only english words I knew back then were "who spikz spanish plssssssss"... so I never knew what happened to it. I just remember logging in a couple of months after my guild quitted and there were 50~60 players online. Most of them were spamming "VALKYRIERO IS DYING!!!!!" or things like that.... and I logged off. xD.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Scribbles

Loved it ;-;

Someone needs to reincarnate this server D:<

Kiroshou

Hey. This is a super necro post, but I confess that I just did a search for "ValkyrieRO" to see if anyone was talking about it. You guys posted back in 2010, but f*** it, I do have something I want to add.

I helped create that server alongside DarkElement. I was [GM] Spazz. One day I asked DarkElement how cool it'd be if so many of RO's useless cards stopped being so useless, and he actually went ahead and let me do it. I spent 8 hours straight customizing all of the cards and did it in one sitting. You might say I had no life at all back then (I didn't).

We actually created ValkyrieRO to begin with because we were tired of FaithRO's drama, which is why the server ended up having so many similarities.

You could max all stats before you even hit max level on ValkyrieRO, I remember. When DarkElement finally came around to give up ownership, me and [GM] Fusion took over and decided to see what would happen if we allowed stat builds by increasing the stat cap. It was the strangest phenomenon. We increased the stat cap so you couldn't max all the stats, and the server lost 75% of its population overnight. We quickly reverted the change, but the server never recovered. It was insanely weird.

Ultimately, that's really what happened to the server. We did one experimental change and it just absolutely imploded. It was hard anyway because the website and all donations were still headed by DarkElement, who ceased to exist so early in the server's development.

Honestly, DarkElement was gone most of the time REALLY early in the development of the server. It was a total hassle from an administrative point of view. But I'm glad so many people enjoyed it for what it was. I have yet to see any other server be bold with the card customizations. I remember waking up the next day and people saying "Spazz, the Turtle Card Combo is broken", and whoops, one of the custom card combos kind of made you immortal when paired with some of the other custom card changes.

Trial and error, boys.

Waffs

...Alex?

I also decided to search up some old servers out of the blue and found this.
It's crazy to think that its been almost 10 years since ValkyrieRO.

Symbiotic

Quote from: Waffs on Dec 17, 2016, 02:05 PM
...Alex?

I also decided to search up some old servers out of the blue and found this.
It's crazy to think that its been almost 10 years since ValkyrieRO.

Certainly seems to be Alex, although the story is a little different than I recall it.

Crazy it's been 10 years indeed. I moved on to Essence after Valkyire..surprised there isn't a thread here for that server.

Good to see you around, Waffles! Shame there aren't more people here.

Waffs

Oh mannnnnn, we definitely had some fun times Symbiote.

I'd like to catch up with you sometime and reminisce about old times  /no1

noheal

lol alot of old names here I guess. lol ;=)