ShadowRO

Started by Kate Vanadis, Jul 31, 2015, 07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate Vanadis

Hi everyone!

I haven't actually been back into the world of RO in such a long time.
My first server was ShadowRO and it's been gone now for I don't know how long.
The GM was Mikey, I believe, but they called him Snorlax all the time for reasons I don't remember.

ShadowRO was a low rate, which I *think* was 5/5/5 or 5/5/2. I had joined with my friends Maeko(Hunter), Mireiyu(Alchemist) and Darcee(Priest). I believe the server had the iRO names for a lot of things, monsters, skills and places until it was updated toward the end of my stay there -- because all my servers after that used kRO names. I was on it from late 2005 or 2006ish through 2007ish, I believe.

I was just feeling nostalgic and thought that if Shino, Cake/Traemi, Xoai, and (lol) Buff What (all High Priests, with Cake's Alt being a Gypsy), Wasabi (Blacksmith) and Senarius (Sniper) or any of the rest of them were still around, I'd say hi! (And maybe invite them over to my new server?)

I played as Heaven (High Priest) or Naomi (Gypsy), depending on the day. (: I was the nerd that drew all your characters and made a bunch of signatures and then one day disappeared. ;D

Best wishes, anyway. I miss all ya'll. It's been years.  /no1
// Server: ExtaliaRO // Main: Ansley|Ranger 175/60 //

Zleepy

was this the server using freya emulator with donation wings? it had some custom starting thing where you spawn inside a house and talk to your mom or something iirc and it also would announce when someone reached 2nd job, they also had these weird poring bot hunter monsters with a falcon and cart attached to them
is this the server you mean?

Kate Vanadis

I believe it was! Yeah, I remember the "story" because I *think* it tried to be like an RPG server? But none of us really ever did them... we just hung around Prontera all the time. And yeah, you had to do the job quests in that one, there was no job changer. And only a very limited warper. No healer, either.

Zleepy

https://web.archive.org/web/20060202132553/http://shadowro.com/
this one right? i remember it being pretty nice small community very active !main chat and the reset card npc thing was a nice way for newbies to make some money

Kate Vanadis

YES! That was exactly it. Yeah, the Main chat was always very active, and everyone tended to be friendly. I know some players were a little bit more OP than others, but I never played the game to be the best -- just to have fun. And I made friends in the process (: That was nice. I just wish I had stayed connected with everyone.

Wyvern

Hello =o Remia here, but I'm not sure if anyone of you know me lol - Unfortunately, Shino is no longer with us, but the rest might be around somewhere. There's also a FB page with some familiar ShadowRO players in it. I think it was called "Ragnarok Friends" or something like that, but I don't have the link to it anymore...

Kate Vanadis

/omg

I think I might remember your Screen Name!

And sorry about Shino ): He was really cool.

AraDandy

I know this is super late reply but I played ShadowRO around the same time! 2005-2007? I actually used the same name Ara Dandy and was a swordsman :) I definitely remember the lively main chat, buzz about getting married to other players, and friendliness of the server! Dude that picture of the SRO website #nostalgia

I remember playing with Chibi, Demon Archer, Jetix?, Shino sounds familiar.... It's been years but I've never forgotten!

Faebia

Oh my gosh! I played on this server a lot, too!

I was Thiarla/Saibia but many of my friends called me Tay. I used to play with Mazza, Mari, Shadow, Lawry, Rem, Xeno, Mirri/Seras, and Thundie. Where are you guyys? <3 I still talk to Mazza from time-to-time and actually started a server of my own with Mari (LillitheRO, join our discord to find us if you wanna reconnect!!  /lv ). I still also have contact with Shadow. BUT I LOST THE REST OF YOU  /sob

Marihna

Quote from: Wyvern on Aug 04, 2015, 02:50 PM
Hello =o Remia here, but I'm not sure if anyone of you know me lol - Unfortunately, Shino is no longer with us, but the rest might be around somewhere. There's also a FB page with some familiar ShadowRO players in it. I think it was called "Ragnarok Friends" or something like that, but I don't have the link to it anymore...

Remia I remember you!~ ^^

I played with Thiarla/Saibia & Thundy and went by NekoMari/Marihna. (Or anything with Mari in the name) /lv
Also @Faebia, if I hadn't spent 3 months building the dang thing we wouldn't have it at all....(LilllitheRo)

Faebia

Pssh @Mari my computer was broken and I would've worked more if you gave me serverside access when I needed it <3 ;D /lv