qRO Memories (Quality Ragnarok Online)

Started by Darkhorse, Jan 06, 2017, 03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkhorse

Wow, where to begin? So many memories. Believe it or not, this was my first mmorpg-type experience. I'd played Diablo 2 before this, but RO was really my first time playing with other people online working towards some loftier goal other than killing Baal over and over and over.

I know there's another qRO thread but it's from August and I didn't want to be a necromancer so I made a different one.

I joined KoV (Knights of Valhalla) a bit before the KoV/KoA split and I went into KoA. The leader of KoA, and all the other guilds I was in the rest of the time I was on qRO, was Kyne. He was a pretty good sinx and it seemed like he knew EVERYONE on the server.

I played a High Wiz named, of course, Darkhorse. I finished off at 99/68 (never pushed those last 2 job levels - it was on my 'to do' list when the server folded).

If you ever raided a KoA/KoV, SeeD, SFH or Far Cry castle, and you died in the precast, chances are me and my team killed you. I was the leader of the precast team in all those guilds.

So on to the SCREENSHOTS!!!

Darkhorse

That first one was me serenading my in-game wife, the Paladin Bpom, and its side effects on Kyne.

Second one is all the profs and hwizzies in the guild, I'm in the cowboy hat, second from the left, sitting down.

Third one is one of the many pictures of all the 99's we had, I'm second from the right still in the cowboy hat.

Darkhorse

The first one is the super early days of KoV, chilling outside Prontera Culvert. Touchstone is Kyne's... clown? Prof? Don't remember.

The second one is a very early Castle get. We were so proud!

The third one is our first castle (I think) as SeeD.

Trying to convince Kyne to let me play my sniper. Yeah... no.

I'd love to hear from any KoV/KoA / SeeD / SFH / Far Cry people! Where are you guys I miss you!

Kolby

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/long-lost-friends/anyone-from-qro-(quality-ragnarok-online)/

You should check this already existing thread, maybe there's someone you know.

Nice screenshots :) I had an uncle who was a sniper called NorshaD playing low rates, he played pre-wipe Q-RO though (2005-2006?)
Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

Roxas18

powerstarprince

Archangels was my favourite guild. I miss those good olden days on QRO. I didn't concentrate much on LR server but I did play MR for a while. I was playing on official at the time so I felt no need to skip the official for a low rate private server during the time.

zsaber475