ProjectRO / AndzRO / Vicious RO :>

Started by Acura, Apr 25, 2009, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mortabel

Talk about nostalgia! I played a bard as Virgo or Mortabel on pRO. Towards the end, I messed around as JesusSuperFriends and tried trolling during WoE. Ended up being a GM on Sakray when Der was around. I'm old as s*** now so PS4 is where I'm at. Get the Ragnarok itch all the time. I remember bugging Project to implement a 4 slotted bow for like a year before he finally caved. The overlooked life of a bard... Good times!

zerosaku

Looks like andz might be back? after a decade.. i found an andzro closed group in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/499576810228495/
It was linked to this fb page: https://www.facebook.com/AndzRO/
from what i heard it just got up for testing like 1 week? and already has 20 players

Velius

Quote from: Shiroi on Jan 14, 2016, 01:41 PM
Funny thing I found this forum ... I registered only to answer as memories ringed me a bell.

I played on ProjectRO as Shiori/Shiroi.

I remember meeting Velius from the guild eXile .. haha :-)

Also I was a member of the guild Last Hope.

Holy s***, Shiori. I remember You and Requirem were close butt friends  /gg

It's funny how certain people somewhat get that nostalgia at the same time and search for projectRO to connect with old friends.

knobblet

Some familiar names here! Played on ProjectRO and a little bit on AndzRO as WhitesmitH.  /no1

Nuni/Nunu/Nunilwen also says hi, we're engaged now  /heh

Rifuli

Played on andzRO as a monk. I think my name was force, but I got banned at around level 75 (which I thought was really high back then). My friend and I were playing together during a LAN and he had my character on auto follow by right clicking me. I guess we must have looked like bots.

Xilmmar

We need more players in the new AndzRO server. :D
zerosaku got the facebook page link right. Hehe.

aznrayne

ahhh i remember andzRO and i think viciousRO?? did people then migrate to eternityRO when it rebooted at some point? for some reason i remember the name GM Karei...

anyway, my ign was always Rayne...and i remember name Fluorite (whitesmith??) can't remember if i was in the same guild or not...

also played Kanzaki Reito as an alt WoE emp breaker star gladiator

and yea i remember the 20 castle days...

anyone found a good server pre-renewal?

Alice Ip

Aww, I played on all three!
Mostly good times /lv and a few regrets /sob

A lot of details are lost, but from this thread I definitely recall, but in widely varying extents, Project(!), Acura, andz, kyu, ViciousPucca, Bant(!), Casey Jones, Velius, kitana, Shiori, Requiem, Whitesmith.

It'd be lovely if this thread would be a little more active, the nostalgia seems quite grave, but bittersweet memories are better than none.

I'm usually blissfully unaware, yet randomly reminded of RO maybe once every year or two by friends or strangers, but the nostalgia hits hard every time. Particularly heavy this time since I actually bothered googling ProjectRO!

But not as heavy as that ban[t] hammer that'd drop from people like Bant or me. Oh the irony  /heh

- Alice

Requiem01

Quotethe nostalgia seems quite grave, but bittersweet memories are better than none.
I think Alice has echoed most of my and everyone else's sentiments here fairly accurate. Hey, doll. Hope life finds you well  /kis
Hello everyone, I had a rogue named Requiem and a priest named Dante on ProjectRO. I tried giving Andz and Vicious a trial run after the fall of pRO but the burnout was getting to me by that point so I can't recant too much from those particular servers.

The hours upon hours spent on projectRO along with the relationships and bonds formed as a result of it is something that I hold truly dear tho. I've left most games and MMO's behind a long time ago however every now and again I do get sucker punched with feelings of merciless nostalgia whenever anything pertaining to the early 2000's is mentioned or brought up in conversation. Like a tidal wave full of emotions, memories, and names you haven't thought about or heard in years that decide to crash into you and ruin any sense of productivity you finally got going on that day.

I've lost touch with too many people that I considered great from the golden days even though I never had the opportunity to meet them face to face. To me the connections were just as important to my life at the time as the people that I consider family present day are.

My god, Shiori. You f*** b****. The closest thing I've ever experienced to a brother. Whatever you're doing nowadays, I truly hope you're killin' it, man.

Velius and Itako. Two polish kurwas that will forever be, two polish kurwas. I do miss the adventures we had across multiple wipes. Always hunting for equipment, and leveling our characters.

Almost everyone in Shadows and Last Hope has had an impact on me in some way or another aside from the memories we created while pissing literally everyone off in pvp back then. Drin, Baku, Kyu (Yo, Dave), Nikki (sorry for being a little s*** at the time). And on the other side of the spectrum Akisai (Vince!!), Kyun (Cal!!), Henry, Kiwi (Lise!!!). You guys were basically family and were partially the reason I enjoyed playing this game as much as I did.

A few others names that I hold very dear to me and wouldn't mind hearing from again; Everybody in Desert Nightmare. Kitana and Renata, especially. In Faith; Lenx, northern1, Light and oliver, Smoke, BlaZed. Chingoo and bunniekins from Orion. I even miss that crappy hunter, UnderWorld, from the UnderWorld guild, whose custom guild title was Underworld. Most of all, I miss the pvp wars and epic guild wars for castles and territory.

It's refreshing to know that these feelings aren't exclusive and that others share similar sentiments.

krnyoshi

Bringing this post back from the dead.

Hello everyone. I'm yoshi, krnyoshi, baboyoshi, etc. ending with yoshi. I played projectRO until the end and AndzRO to shortly. I also remember being a GM for a short period of time. I just don't remember if it was pRO or not.

I would usually play with my friend TakingItRough/SuMadre in our guild TheFlamingCunts. I would usually be seen double/triple clienting with ease. I remember before pRO closed, we actually were able to take a few castles shortly, farm Orc Hero to make a Solar God Helm and everyone thought we were hacking.  /heh

A lot of your usernames are very familiar to me. I'm surprised to remember some of you given that my memory is usually terrible. I was in my early teens when I played with you all, but now I'm 29, married, and have a daughter. My how time passed.

esqueci

I spent a really long time playing on ProjectRO and some on AndzRO.

I was the leader of MIB, the brazilian server on pRO. Too bad our guild didn't last long with the wipes and major bs.

I just remember Requiem because we used to pick on him for being such a prick towards brazilians.

knobblet

Quote from: Requiem01 on Mar 25, 2017, 04:27 PM
Almost everyone in Shadows and Last Hope has had an impact on me in some way or another aside from the memories we created while pissing literally everyone off in pvp back then. Drin, Baku, Kyu (Yo, Dave), Nikki (sorry for being a little s*** at the time). And on the other side of the spectrum Akisai (Vince!!), Kyun (Cal!!), Henry, Kiwi (Lise!!!). You guys were basically family and were partially the reason I enjoyed playing this game as much as I did.

Awww, no mention of me and our battles in PvP. Nikki keeps telling me how you were a little s*** tho every time we come back to the subject of ProjectRO. She probably feels a little bit better knowing that I mostly kicked your donkey in PvP.  /heh

Ganthero

Hey everyone! What an awesome hit of nostalgia this thread has been!

I played on ProjectRO a ton back in the day as a Bard named Ganthero, with the guild Vinco Vici Victum.  One of the few surviving screenshots from that time: ProjectRO Screenshot

Ton of great memories playing RO, being on the ProjectRO server, and making fantastic friends.  Will never forget all of the awesome WoE wars and seeing your flag fly in the city afterwards. 

Had to give this thread a 2020 bump, hope everyone is doing well! :)

LOLSIF

super duper long shot.

But I p[played both AndzRO and ViciousRO back in the day.

Was wondering does anyone have the link to the "TheGays" remix of the ultimate showdown.
Wanna hear that song again for nostalgia. 
It was called I think the ultimate ragnarok showdown.