Oh MattRO players where art thou?

Started by Rbread, Jun 25, 2006, 12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbread

Quote from: Shinjin on Sep 20, 2007, 05:32 PM
Lawl, Riot. =( MattRO was the second private server I ever played on. ;] First I was a GM on. I played it from its opening (when Shay and I were like the only two people on the server.xD) to about when it closed. ;(

I moved on to WoW though (Daggie 70 Paladin on Akama), playing RO every now and then when I get the chance.

HEEEEEEEEEY

I thought Shay said you didnt want to talk to me, unless that is your only post and you are never going to come back.

Shinjin

I haven't really talked to Shay in a while. Though there was a time when I didnt want to talk to anyone alot while I was playing WoW, since I was in a heavy raiding guild. As for talking on msn, I haven't done that in a year or so.

Gattzu

Quote from: Sacred on Sep 12, 2007, 08:48 PM
yeah but that WoW server came up long after all the old M-ro players left...
well anyway i did find some of the people i was looking for, and wow, they were it the strangest pits and corners of the net.... though i still can't find that guy skies v.v....... as for the other people i could not find.... i don't really care anymore.

about gatts
I say it would be the wrong way to go
the national guard is probably the onley thing that could keep that man from opening his loud mouth.
they are probably the ones behind all this xP
you will need to counter that with alien's or something.

and Nin, for the love of god, shut up.

False, nothing can keep me from opening my big mouth  :-*

And I got fired from my job for doing stuff... anyways where the fack is everyone?

Ghostie

Gatts, I'm in the national guard, just got back from iraq, and the national guard is nothing compared to when i was active duty...personal opinion, secure ur nuts and go active...the infantry was a blast!

now, on to other matters...
Sacreds list of MIA's

Skies <----- anyone seen this nutt?
Tiramisu
HealingAngle
Bunnie
-Nina-
Marie
Pirate King
S l o t h
Ramune
Dia Dia
Excessum
Rathias
Mizuno

Nina and I are still friends and talk alot...she just had another baby.  I haven't see dia, i heard Ramune is playin some low rate server, and that's all that I can remember...=)
<Ghostie> ? aura
<Kyo> aura: -bleep- -bleep- -bleep-moogle -bleep-bag -bleep- -bleep-wrangler

So yeah...Aura sucks. =D

yC

lol i think i only know dia dia in ur list.

ghostie are u playing some high rate? i saw a review by ghostie today.

Ghostie

I was AWHILE ago...i haven't written a review tho.
<Ghostie> ? aura

So yeah...Aura sucks. =D

Sacred

Quote from: Ghostie on May 11, 2008, 10:02 PM
Nina and I are still friends and talk alot...she just had another baby.  I haven't see dia, i heard Ramune is playin some low rate server, and that's all that I can remember...=)

Poop, knew I forgot to add "some" people in there.

as for some of the other MattRO people, they are not listed because  I mostly know where the rest of you are. atleast all of the more known people and of couse the ones I knew.

anyway, nice to see that you're still kicking.
xX|fe-su-gu!|Xx

Ghostie

for now.  im about to go back to desert,  more than likely, in about 9 months...for another year...joy.

i can't remember HALF of the damn people from mattRO.   Anyone remember the great forum wars?  lol, it was me, NBK, Bagel, Aura, Kingsomethinorother, and a couple other people...lol. 

ohohoh, and who can forget the ahole ex i had that told everyone i died, lmfao..

so yeah, just reliving the old days..

we all need to open our own server and relive the past, bashing each other, talking massive amounts of sht about pvp and what not...=D
<Ghostie> ? aura

So yeah...Aura sucks. =D

Sacred

Yea, you're death thinggie was pretty odd. But the funny part was that no one believed it was you when you came back with that other user name. all that was however during the last months of the MattRO forum, so much messed up stuff happened the years before that.

I do recall some people (not quite sure who) were telling me to stop accusing them of stealing a phrase I was spewing around. this was pretty odd on my side since I don't recall telling anyone they stole something from me, muchless it was about 3 years ago since I last said it. hehehe crazy people. however I did start saying it around the opening of MattRO, but why anyone would call claims on such a word is beyond me.
xX|fe-su-gu!|Xx

Ghostie

lol, that's hows it all went down back then...

remember the mattro/hopero merger?  that went down like a fart in a diving helmet.  lol.
<Ghostie> ? aura

So yeah...Aura sucks. =D

UnknownSoldier

Quote from: Ghostie on Jun 05, 2008, 04:40 PM
lol, that's hows it all went down back then...

remember the mattro/hopero merger?  that went down like a fart in a diving helmet.  lol.

You mean when we finally had enough and jumped ship~

I mean I'll forever love what MattRO was, because it was the origination point for a lot of the private RO server community afterwards... but Gods damn if Matt didn't let his server crash and burn at the end.

Also, hey =P
[color=Navy][There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved][/color]

yC

You mean you still remember what happened there?  All it left for me is the server name.

UnknownSoldier

Was my first real private RO server, and I did admin there until the end =P

After it died we all followed Riot to Hope, but after some time I stopped playing RO. Not hard to remember what happened when your entire private server experience is limited to two servers.

UnknownSoldier

Figured I'd pop back in and, for any long lost MattRO/HopeRO players, say that 12 years later I'm probably c oming back to RO =P

Leene

Oh I remember that server and everyone that played it! It was the best but Matt kept obsessing over this Carmen girl and wiping the server every few days so everyone got pissed and started spamming IRC 24/7

Had an Archer named Winter, and a Knight named Endurance. still remember a lot of people and I have some of the IRC logs from back then too.

i miss you siky and miina :(

After MattRO I went and played different servers for a short time, but really liked BlackoutRO.. became one of the best PVP players on that server

BTW I'm here looking for Riotblade.. is he still around? its very important..